SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Sorry, not sure what you're asking about. Can you clarify?
I’m in the springs area directly facing the carriage house and pool when I look out my window.

Every hour on the hour, the call to post is loudly played (think Kentucky derby right before the start).

I am asking when does this really annoying noise stop.

I’m in the springs area directly facing the carriage house and pool when I look out my window.

Every hour on the hour, the call to post is loudly played (think Kentucky derby right before the start).

I am asking when does this really annoying noise stop.
I'm gonna say 10:00 pm because I don't remember it chiming at that hour, but I could have been desensitized to it 😂

Home resort is Boardwalk, but because I go to Disney 4-5 times a year and live in S. Florida, I often book late - sometimes just a few months out - which means I've stayed at Saratoga probably more than any other resort. After the pandemic lockdown just after my March 2020 trip, I stayed away until July 2021 - when I decided to head back again, I booked in June and got Saratoga - and again in September 2021 and December 2021. I think I've just completed my longest run withOUT staying at Saratoga now, having stayed at Boardwalk for 4 consecutive trips in 2022 - February, June, September and December. Funny, I didn't think I'd miss it - but I sort of do...I realized I never visited Disney Springs since Dec 2021...it's so convenient to visit there when staying at Saratoga - when at Boardwalk, I spend much more time in parks or the Boardwalk area.

So it will be nice to be back in March 2023 - I've got a 1-bedroom stay coming up for March 10 for 4 nights, with a Congress Park request as usual...and will get to walk over to Disney Springs again. This year I've booked 3 trips so far, and am at a different DVC each time, after 2 straight years of staying in the same DVC for the entire year. Yes, the busses take a bit longer sometimes, and there's no walking directly into a park...but Saratoga stays, like OKW, can be very peaceful - I'll be solo on this trip, at my own pace, and in no rush to get to parks...so the relaxing atmosphere will be nice!

My family and I just completed our first stay at Saratoga Springs. I never heard a single person walking outside my room or a door close from another room. It is very quiet inside the villas, which I find important. We stayed in a 1 bdrm std and a 2 bdrm preferred. We also enjoyed the paddock pool since it was 83°! Next trip is in June at BRV. Is it quiet when inside the villa?

My experience is yes - BRV is very quiet - some exception might be slightly more occasional noise if your near the atrium or elevators...and like at Saratoga it's possible to have one loud group head down the hallway on occasion - but I'd consider it generally one of the quieter resorts.

Home resort is Boardwalk, but because I go to Disney 4-5 times a year and live in S. Florida, I often book late - sometimes just a few months out - which means I've stayed at Saratoga probably more than any other resort. After the pandemic lockdown just after my March 2020 trip, I stayed away until July 2021 - when I decided to head back again, I booked in June and got Saratoga - and again in September 2021 and December 2021. I think I've just completed my longest run withOUT staying at Saratoga now, having stayed at Boardwalk for 4 consecutive trips in 2022 - February, June, September and December. Funny, I didn't think I'd miss it - but I sort of do...I realized I never visited Disney Springs since Dec 2021...it's so convenient to visit there when staying at Saratoga - when at Boardwalk, I spend much more time in parks or the Boardwalk area.

So it will be nice to be back in March 2023 - I've got a 1-bedroom stay coming up for March 10 for 4 nights, with a Congress Park request as usual...and will get to walk over to Disney Springs again. This year I've booked 3 trips so far, and am at a different DVC each time, after 2 straight years of staying in the same DVC for the entire year. Yes, the busses take a bit longer sometimes, and there's no walking directly into a park...but Saratoga stays, like OKW, can be very peaceful - I'll be solo on this trip, at my own pace, and in no rush to get to parks...so the relaxing atmosphere will be nice!
Have a great trip, but I have to ask…a 1-bed for a solo trip? Seems like a lot of points.

I just booked a studio (cash) through Disney for a stay in early Sept. Does anyone know how best to request a room in the Grandstand? My mom uses a scooter and she just wasn't thrilled with the bus service we had when we were staying at YC with her scooter. It was a ridiculous wait for buses, especially to load a scooter. Is there a way to request it with Disney or am I better off using touring plans?

I just booked a studio (cash) through Disney for a stay in early Sept. Does anyone know how best to request a room in the Grandstand? My mom uses a scooter and she just wasn't thrilled with the bus service we had when we were staying at YC with her scooter. It was a ridiculous wait for buses, especially to load a scooter. Is there a way to request it with Disney or am I better off using touring plans?
We were at SSR last July, and IIRC Grandstand was one of the checkoff requests in online checkin. But since it's related to having a scooter, I'd call the Reservation line and ask them to note that request on your reservation, with the additional note that it's because she'll have a scooter. My impression (I have no proof) is that requests submitted that way are just as likely to be fulfilled as those submitted via TP.

Keep in mind that availability of scooter space on the buses will be influenced by when you're traveling in respect to park hours. The later in the day that you're trying to board at Grandstand, the more likely that there will be two scooters already on board returning from the park.

Arrived at the resort yesterday. So far my impressions are about what I was thinking. The resort is beautiful. I walked around most of the resort last night and this morning as I was having trouble sleeping. The room we have is in great condition minus some minor details. I was worried there was not going to be a lot of room in the living room with the murphy and trundle beds being used but it seems sufficient.

The unlucky thing is that we have a travel party with another group and requested to be in the same area. We both got Grandstand but they are on the opposite side of the grandstand which makes it inconvenient. I know requests may not be granted and we made them aware of that as well.

Had a wonderful time walking around Disney Springs last night and even went to PO- FQ for some mickey beignets. Love the location of this resort of my family

Have a great trip, but I have to ask…a 1-bed for a solo trip? Seems like a lot of points.

I had a lot of leftover points that I'm still catching up on after the pandemic - I went over 1 year without a visit, so ever since I've been working through using banked points before they expire...so I've splurged on a few solo trips in a 1-bedroom. Even after 3 trips in 2021 and 4 trips in 2022, plus having booked 1-bedrooms for March, June, and September this use year, I am banking 170 points over to next use-year. I usually go in December too but haven't booked that yet, so that will take a chunk of the banked points for next year.

The side-perk is - if a friend decides they want to come, I've got the space. Being in S Florida, just a few hours' drive, I go up often, and have had friends decide last-minute they'd like to go, so it's nice to have the spare room.

Does anyone have an update on the date of the high rock pool closure? We arriving next late next week through to Feb 4 and hoping it may be open and adjust our room request. I have tried to get a date from Disney with no luck

Does anyone have an update on the date of the high rock pool closure? We arriving next late next week through to Feb 4 and hoping it may be open and adjust our room request. I have tried to get a date from Disney with no luck
I received this info concerning our Jan 26, 2023 arrival- "In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience, it is necessary for us to refresh our offerings from time to time. In preparation for your upcoming visit, we would like to inform you that High Rock Spring Pool and On the Rocks Pool Bar will be unavailable due to routine maintenance. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at The Paddock Pool and Paddock Grill or our leisure pools and poolside bars located at The Grandstand, Congress Park and the Treehouse Villas."

You can just call the SSR Community Hall, I'm sure they would probably know.

(407) 827-4589

Hi there,
We'll be at SSR for Easter this year. I looked back in the thread, but does anyone recall any special activities at the resort over Easter weekend? Thank you!

I might need to ask over on the restaurant board, but thought I’d check with people that frequent SSR first - do the pool bars typically have gluten free bun/bread options?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter