SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

First time staying at SSR and will be attending the parks for special events mainly during the evening/night. What there is to do for resort days besides swimming at the pools? What kind of activities would you recommend? It will be and adults only trip (me and my sisters).
Check the last few pages of this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/monthly-resort-recreation-calendars.3871996/ for the SSR activities calendar for May & June, to get an idea of what’s going on at SSR. There will be new calendars appearing for all resorts tomorrow 7/1. BTW you’re welcome to participate in activities at any resort, you’re not limited to SSR.

Does anyone know if the boats from SSR to Disney Springs are currently running? I read somewhere (can't remember where...) that in June the boats weren't running because the water levels at the SSR dock were low.

Has anyone who has been recently confirm? Thanks :)

Hoping someone with ECV experience can help me out. We have stayed at SSR numerous times in a 1BR and always request Grandstand. Love it there and being first on/first off for the busses. In early December, my parents will be joining us and we will be in a 2BR Preferred. Both will have ECV's. I know the preferred rooms are at either The Springs or Congress Park. Just wondering if anyone had thoughts/experience with the bussing situation from either of those areas. We won't be going early in the morning to the parks or coming back late. Will probably be around 10ish and back to resort around 6ish. Thanks for any thoughts.

Hoping someone with ECV experience can help me out. We have stayed at SSR numerous times in a 1BR and always request Grandstand. Love it there and being first on/first off for the busses. In early December, my parents will be joining us and we will be in a 2BR Preferred. Both will have ECV's. I know the preferred rooms are at either The Springs or Congress Park. Just wondering if anyone had thoughts/experience with the bussing situation from either of those areas. We won't be going early in the morning to the parks or coming back late. Will probably be around 10ish and back to resort around 6ish. Thanks for any thoughts.
I doubt you’ll have problems from either location, since you won’t be traveling at the busiest times of day. The Congress Park stop picks up before Springs, so you might request CP, for a little extra “insurance.”

Checking in today and got a notice my room was ready while on my flight. I’m in the further building in congress park. How far of a walk is it to the main building from that point? I know I can get a bus from CP to the springs but I’ll have to walk back with my 6 year old.

any one have any info on booking grand villas for thanks giving?
is it worth it?
do I need to book the day the window opens?

any and all info would be great

Had a happy surprise when I checked into my deluxe studio today. They upgraded us to a two bedroom preferred view!!! I never want to leave. What a beautiful room! We did a little happy dance. Then I checked my reservation like ten times to make sure I didn’t book this room by mistake!

I never thought we'd like SSR, much less love it. However, we decided at the last minute to stay there in a 2 br preferred in May and fell in love! We just made plans for next week and changed from YC CL to another 2 br - this time standard view. I'm so excited!

Here is our view from our last trip -
ssr.jpg

Had a happy surprise when I checked into my deluxe studio today. They upgraded us to a two bedroom preferred view!!! I never want to leave. What a beautiful room! We did a little happy dance. Then I checked my reservation like ten times to make sure I didn’t book this room by mistake!
So, when are you adding on so you can book 1BR and 2BR regularly? :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter