SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Does driving to DS to go to the movies make the most sense? We have a standard villa this week. I'm trying to avoid a complete heat meltdown so if we need to drive over to cut down on the no shade walking we will, but wasn't sure if that would even make a difference.

I requested Paddock, but going to change our request to the Grand Strand even though I know we can be put anywhere.

Does driving to DS to go to the movies make the most sense? We have a standard villa this week. I'm trying to avoid a complete heat meltdown so if we need to drive over to cut down on the no shade walking we will, but wasn't sure if that would even make a difference.

I requested Paddock, but going to change our request to the Grand Strand even though I know we can be put anywhere.
Driving to DS makes sense to me. If you park in the Orange Garage, you’ll exit directly to the theater. Walking from the boat dock, the bus stop, or your villa will expose you to much more heat and sun. Look at the DS map here - https://www.disneysprings.com/disney-springs-map/

Definitely recommend driving! The walk will be unbearable. If I remember correct you can park fairly close to the theaters. We drove several times this past week to Disney springs and really appreciated not having to walk in the scorching heat.

Driving to DS makes sense to me. If you park in the Orange Garage, you’ll exit directly to the theater. Walking from the boat dock, the bus stop, or your villa will expose you to much more heat and sun. Look at the DS map here - https://www.disneysprings.com/disney-springs-map/
Thanks, Carolyn! I had seen on the map that it appeared much more pleasant to drive, but I know sometimes the distance is hard to judge by scale and/or garages are a pain. I love DS (been awhile since I've been), but it sure can be brutal in the summer!!

I have a Preferred studio booked for the week of Thanksgiving and I'm going to request Congress Park section. If I want a view of Disney Springs, what request should I put??

Has housekeeping been pretty consistent for cash rooms lately? This is our first time not staying with points.

Did SSR stop having the extra bedding bundle in the coffee table? I was going to break into it for a blanket, but couldn't find the bag.

I thought maybe they did away with it after the Murphy bed installed?

We ended up in the dreaded Carousel. I joked I could have coffee with the guard this morning. But....room is fine and we drive everywhere, plus decent view so all good!
20230724_192213.jpg

I’m really grateful for the front desk staff here. I got in late Saturday evening. Just me and my 6 year old on this trip and I booked a last minute preferred studio. While on the plane I got a notice that my room was ready and they put us all the way out in the last building of congress park. If it had just been me I wouldn’t have cared but with my son that just seemed to far away from everything. When we finally got to the resort I went to the front desk to ask if they could move us to the springs knowing it was probably a long shot since it was already almost 9pm. Not only did they move me to the springs but they also upgraded us to a 1bedroom. That just absolutely made our trip. Of course I sent cast compliments for everyone who helped us. I’m sure they took pity on a tired haggard looking mom was was lugging a big suitcase and had a tired hyperactive 6 year old whose ADHD meds had worn off. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Does anyone know if the boats from SSR to Disney Springs are currently running? I read somewhere (can't remember where...) that in June the boats weren't running because the water levels at the SSR dock were low.

Has anyone who has been recently confirm? Thanks :)
They were when I was there.

I stayed for a week in a room at SSR. I booked a deluxe studio with a preferred view and was gobsmacked to find we were pixie dusted into a 1 BR at Springs. Yes, pixie dusted, that's what my son called it and I am going with it. The room was just for the two of us, so having extra space, a kitchen, and A WASHER AND DRYER was amazing. I clapped my hands when I realized I could do laundry in the room, and when my kids made fun of me, I said LET ME LIVE.

I really love this resort. Sure, I'm from NY but it just feels like home. We had a lot of dinners at DS. We were able to go to ALL the pools, even in the early morning after working out. I wish Senses would reopen, but that's a mild complaint. Even my "bougie" son who couldn't imagine leaving VGF to go here said this was one of his favorite resort stays. We did head to Olivia's for lunch (omg, so good, and the service was just wonderful) and I saw OKW for the first time. I am still going to choose SSR over that. Now I understand why people are passionate about this place!

Does DoorDash no longer come to SSR? I’ve been trying all week and I keep getting this error.

Attachments

• IMG_6253.png
    IMG_6253.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 6
There isn't a guided fishing trip that leaves from SSR. You can book it for OKW though, that's not too far away.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/fishing/
That’s what I thought, however I called yesterday and was offered SSR as an option when I booked 🤷🏻‍♀️ I even questioned the lady on the phone about that and she said it’s an option. It’s a few days after we check in so I’m going to poke around and confirm with the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter