SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

That’s what I thought, however I called yesterday and was offered SSR as an option when I booked 🤷🏻‍♀️ I even questioned the lady on the phone about that and she said it’s an option. It’s a few days after we check in so I’m going to poke around and confirm with the resort.
Very interesting! Well, if it turns out to be true, please post an update here! That would be a fun activity to do at SSR next time :)

We are booked in a Standard 1BR arriving in 12 days. Last time we were in a standard view and not preferred we ended up in the Carousel section and that was hard getting everywhere with my then 4 and 2 year old. I see that preferred view 1BR's are still open and I am thinking about switching into the preferred. Before I do this, I wanted to see experiences with room requests if I were to request a room in the Paddock section. Did they honor the request? Any specific room that would be good so that we are still close to the Springs/walkway to DS?

We are booked in a Standard 1BR arriving in 12 days. Last time we were in a standard view and not preferred we ended up in the Carousel section and that was hard getting everywhere with my then 4 and 2 year old. I see that preferred view 1BR's are still open and I am thinking about switching into the preferred. Before I do this, I wanted to see experiences with room requests if I were to request a room in the Paddock section. Did they honor the request? Any specific room that would be good so that we are still close to the Springs/walkway to DS?
I've only stayed at SSR once and it was in the Grandstand section (that was what we requested and really like the location as it was a quick walk to the Springs area). If you really don't want to spend the extra points for preferred, request Paddock or Grandstand and I think you'll have a reasonably good chance of avoiding the Carousel section.

I always request "near pool" from the drop-down menu for online check-in to avoid being put in the Carousel (it's the only section without a pool). I've stayed at SSR 3 times and that strategy has worked every time.

I always request "near pool" from the drop-down menu for online check-in to avoid being put in the Carousel (it's the only section without a pool). I've stayed at SSR 3 times and that strategy has worked every time.
That is true! I will put that in the drop-down. I wasn’t sure if I should contact MS to be more specific.

We are staying at SSR in a few weeks. I have requested the Paddock area. I know the pool is near the bus stop and due to a family member using a wheelchair the buildings nearest to this area would be preferred.
Can anyone tell me the building numbers or even a studio number in that area?
Thank you

We are staying at SSR in a few weeks. I have requested the Paddock area. I know the pool is near the bus stop and due to a family member using a wheelchair the buildings nearest to this area would be preferred.
Thank you
Click on the red buildings in the paddock area and then you see the studios. You can change from floor to floor and that gives you exact room numbers.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-saratoga-springs-resort-spa?commit=Show+Matching+Rooms+»&filters[accessibility]=any&filters[balcony]=&filters[connect]=&filters[floors]=any&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[rate_date]=08/08/2023&filters[sound]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=127

This looks perfect. Never get a room with an open view so no harm asking I guess!!

Thank you
Here's a different map: https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/SSMap.pdf.

The Paddock building with room numbers beginning with 4501 is directly behind the Carousel bus stop, which is the second bus stop when going to or coming from the parks (that building is closer to that bus stop than the Carousel buildings are!).

The Paddock buildings with room numbers starting with 5101 and 5501 are on each side of the pool and the Paddock bus stop. So either one of those buildings would be the closest to both the pool and a bus stop.

When making a SSR room request to MS is it wisest to request by room # or building number? I am requesting Paddock section and would like something in buildings 11 or 12. Is it best to ask for Paddock sections, buildings 11 or 12 or Paddock section rooms 6101-6836?

When making a SSR room request to MS is it wisest to request by room # or building number? I am requesting Paddock section and would like something in buildings 11 or 12. Is it best to ask for Paddock sections, buildings 11 or 12 or Paddock section rooms 6101-6836?
Thank you very much. I will do that:)

I'll be staying at SSR with my Mom in November and I'm wondering if I should rent a car? We are booked for a "preferred" location, but Mom is 74 and has a bad knee that acts up sometimes. I worry if there's a lot of walking at the resort she'll be worn out before we even get to the park. Last time she did great at the Boardwalk but the trip before that we were at AKL and our room was about the furthest point from the lobby. Halfway through the week I ended up renting her a scooter. So I'm hoping to be a bit better prepared this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter