SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I know its been asked many many times..but with the referb,,,the studios,,,is the coffee now those split makers with k cups and filter coffee?
Thanks

Our SSR villa this past October had a regular full sized 12 cup coffee maker that barely fit on the counter under the cabinets.

Does anyone know what days/months the Backstretch Pool Bar would be closed? I know it’s only open “seasonally” but I cannot find anything stating what times that could be. I’m assuming winter? Looking at a trip in March!

We just booked SSR for the first time. We are BCV fans and rarely stay anywhere else. We are looking for something new. We are staying in a 1 bdrm, all adults and would like a pool or golf course view. However, looking at DS might be fun as well. Is it noisy? any recommendation for room locations and resort tips would be greatly appreciated.

We will have a car, can you park right out side of your building? and are there elevators in each building? TIA

We just booked SSR for the first time. We are BCV fans and rarely stay anywhere else. We are looking for something new. We are staying in a 1 bdrm, all adults and would like a pool or golf course view. However, looking at DS might be fun as well. Is it noisy? any recommendation for room locations and resort tips would be greatly appreciated.
Did you book Preferred or Standard? If Standard, request Grandstand section as that’s the only one with golf course views. If Preferred, request Congress Park with second request for view of DS. Sorry, I can’t help with pool view.

We’ve always found SSR to be very quiet. It’s like staying in a park, regardless of location!
We will have a car, can you park right out side of your building? and are there elevators in each building? TIA
Yes, as Michael says above, you park right outside and will definitely have elevators.

We've stayed twice, once in the Paddock and once in Congress Park. It was exceptionally quiet in both. We loved Congress Park for the walk and view of DS. The Paddock was great for standard. We didn't have a pool view but I'm guessing the other side would, since were in the building right next to the Paddock pool. The one bedroom was great. The only downside is that the balcony access is only from the living room so if someone is sleeping there and you want to get outside, it's a bit difficult. I'm nitpicking here though. Overall, it's an amazing (and under-rated resort).

Early Park Entry from Treehouse Villas question - We have a multi family trip planned for Memorial day 2024 and some in the group won't be up for paying for Genie+, so I am hoping to convince them of using Early Theme Park Entry. However, staying in the Treehouse villas, what does the timing look like to make it to the parks for Early Theme Park Entry? I've read that we should get to transportation 90 minute before the "early opening time" but do the treehouse buses start in time, or do you have to walk to the main resort to get the buses and make it on time to the parks? What does that walk look like? Because we're a group of 7 with one car seat rider we are limited in our transportation options through lyft/minnie vans.

I've read that we should get to transportation 90 minute before the "early opening time"
They don't typically start running buses to the park until 60 minutes before it opens for early entry (MK is an exception). I can't answer the rest of your question, but 90 minutes is excessive.

They don't typically start running buses to the park until 60 minutes before it opens for early entry (MK is an exception). I can't answer the rest of your question, but 90 minutes is excessive.
Yeah I think the 90 minutes was that you were the first at the bus stop so you could catch the first bus to the park. Which was making me think that if we got on the intra-SSR bus to get to another bus stop, we'd have to wait until a 2 or 3 bus to the park would be available. I'm not sure how often this happens at SSR on a weekend like Memorial day.

Has anybody who has stayed at SSR recently noticed if Artist’s Palette has cold brew? I see “classic cold brew” on the online menu, but it isn’t on mobile order.

Also it is odd that Paddock and On The Rock pool bars seem to have Joffreys cold brew now…so why not the main Quickserve?

Big SSR fans here,,2 contracts here,,and going back in April. That being said, if you want a golf course view, best to try OKW. Huge rooms, parking right outside and very good chance at view of golf course. Downside,,only a couple of buildings have elevators. Same laid back vibe as SSR>

The Springs view area in Congress Park is nice for easiest walking over to Disney Springs, and the view over the lake is very nice. Noise only depends if you're early to bed - until around 10:30-11pm you can catch bits of music carrying over from some of the venues, but it dies off after that - otherwise it's usually pretty quiet and peaceful. The most noise would come from the occasional loud group wandering the halls yelling and talking loudly at early or late hours - but that can happen at any resort.

Grandstand generally has the most golf course views, Congress Park would have pool and Disney Springs views - though you can also get partial parking lot views at any section depending on which rooms in the building you get.

All buildings have elevators - if you need or want to be close to them, avoid the rooms that are numbered 1-10 or 30-40 as the last two digits, as those are the ones farthest from the elevators which are centrally located.

You can GENERALLY park directly in front of your building - depending on the crowds. The only buildings that can get a little difficult at times is if you're in Congress Park building 1 - it's the greatest location for being closest to the Disney Springs bridge, but that also makes it a popular parking lot for people staying all around Saratoga Springs to drive over and park there to walk across to Disney Springs - so it's usually the most crowded parking lot.

Big SSR fans here,,2 contracts here,,and going back in April. That being said, if you want a golf course view, best to try OKW. Huge rooms, parking right outside and very good chance at view of golf course. Downside,,only a couple of buildings have elevators. Same laid back vibe as SSR>
yeah we have stayed at both and had 4 different 2BR's at OKW on Turtle Pond road that had great golf course views. We even ducked into our 1st floor condo to grab a few beers on the 4th tee of LBV (shhhhh). Never had a golf course view at SSR but we have always stayed in Congress Park close to DS.

yeah we have stayed at both and had 4 different 2BR's at OKW on Turtle Pond road that had great golf course views. We even ducked into our 1st floor condo to grab a few beers on the 4th tee of LBV (shhhhh). Never had a golf course view at SSR but we have always stayed in Congress Park close to DS.
Haha..we were near the 4th green and picked up a few Pops too

Haha..we were near the 4th green and picked up a few Pops too
Had to have them for those two water holes coming up!

We also had a ground floor on #5 that was about where the drives landed. Little pond on the left of the fairway right off our patio. Was sitting there one day and a ball went in the water on the fly. I noticed then that there was a big black snake on the far side (fairway side). The second ball came up right by the snake. I yelled at the two guys to tell them their fate and also to tell them that big limb on the ground wasn't a limb. Needless to say they didn't even hit the one ball that was in play. Both dropped in the Fairway.

Hi all

Can anyone think of a way to keep the living/kitchen area in a 2 bed villa unused for sleeping with 7 guests.

I have 2 adults and 2 children in the room with 2 beds, but need 2 adults and 1 teen in the master suite. (me, hubby and my teen step daughter).

We dont want to use the communal living area for sleeping as some of us are up late/up early.

All i can think of is removing the single mattress from the pull down bed under the TV and having that on the floor in the master....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter