SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Mattress on the floor idea could work.

In the past, we used to have one who went to bed VERY early while the rest of my party were late-nighters - the early to bed person also got up very early while the rest of us slept in. Our solution in a 1 bedroom villa was to let him go to bed in the bedroom, then when we were all ready to go to bed much later in the evening, we'd 'swap' him out to the living room. Somewhat inconvenient for that party being woken and moved at some point during the night, but it was a minor interruption and always worked out the best when there were no other options (we also used this method in the Fort Wilderness Cabins).

Looking forward to checking in tomorrow, hopefully to one of my requested Congress Park villas (I put in for 8 specific room numbers, with a secondary request for Congress Park in general). Packing tonight, driving up tomorrow late morning. Was just there in December too - two SSR stays in a row - the whole rest of 2024 I've got Boardwalk booked for June, September, and December (Boardwalk is my home resort). I think SSR is becoming my second overall favorite DVC after Boardwalk - location is a big factor for both - Boardwalk for walking into Epcot and DHS, and Saratoga for Disney Springs. And with both fully refurbed - the positive and negative thing about the refurbs is that the murphy-bed layout is much better and the rooms are fresher - but on the downside the theming is nearly gone...you can hardly tell which resort you're in unless you look at the pictures on the wall or out the window. I admit I miss a little of the specific theming inside the rooms for each DVC. Oh well!

Okay so working on a 4 night backup plan as the 7 month window is looking rough for us ha My goal is to do 4 nights in a studio before our longer 1Bedroom stay. We actually enjoyed our SSR studio stay (congress park) for the couple nights we were there a couple years ago. Travelling with the littles I think they will be just fine and not care too much as long as we do a little pool time. What do you all think about standard studio and should I try that view out or stick with targerting Congress park? It was nice being closer to DS but I am okay with a little more walking if I have to. I am also concerned about bus stops as we will be in a rainy season and going to parks 2 of the 4 days.

Mainly feeling out if the points are worth it and if the bus stops have much to say about this if at all. We probably use the main pool once but could try others (we never have). SIDE NOTE; We also intend to do a water park day and was wondering if they have busses directly going there or would I need to walk to DS and leave from there?

Thanks!

Okay so working on a 4 night backup plan as the 7 month window is looking rough for us ha My goal is to do 4 nights in a studio before our longer 1Bedroom stay. We actually enjoyed our SSR studio stay (congress park) for the couple nights we were there a couple years ago. Travelling with the littles I think they will be just fine and not care too much as long as we do a little pool time. What do you all think about standard studio and should I try that view out or stick with targerting Congress park? It was nice being closer to DS but I am okay with a little more walking if I have to. I am also concerned about bus stops as we will be in a rainy season and going to parks 2 of the 4 days.

Mainly feeling out if the points are worth it and if the bus stops have much to say about this if at all. We probably use the main pool once but could try others (we never have). SIDE NOTE; We also intend to do a water park day and was wondering if they have busses directly going there or would I need to walk to DS and leave from there?

Thanks!
Standard is not bad at all. Put in a request to be in the Paddock, near the Paddock pool. That is a great location.

For Disney Springs, just jump on the bus at Paddock, get off at the next stop at Congress Park and walk from there.

Thanks!

We stayed in Paddock at the building right next to the pool and the bridge to the springs. The bus was only a few steps away and having the paddock grill nearby was great. It sounds like this would work well for you too.

Standard is not bad at all. Put in a request to be in the Paddock, near the Paddock pool. That is a great location.

For Disney Springs, just jump on the bus at Paddock, get off at the next stop at Congress Park and walk from there.
Was that bus under 20 mins far as how often it shows up? Is there a bus for the loop only or is it also the same bus that leaves the area to the parks? Worried about mornings heading out to MK or HS with two little ones. Use to walking into parks mostly.

We stayed in Paddock at the building right next to the pool and the bridge to the springs. The bus was only a few steps away and having the paddock grill nearby was great. It sounds like this would work well for you too.
This is standard view? It does sound like a solid option. I know congress park is probably the most requested but the chances of my request here coming through you think? I just want to be okay if the worse case scenario booking occurs. Reviewing the points chart I see my trip only varies 8 points between standard and prefer for the whole 4 nights ha. So I guess its more of a... "is 8 points worth wasting" and "is something like the paddock better anyway" which sounds like maybe "no" and "yes" is the answer.

Was that bus under 20 mins far as how often it shows up? Is there a bus for the loop only or is it also the same bus that leaves the area to the parks? Worried about mornings heading out to MK or HS with two little ones. Use to walking into parks mostly.

I’m not sure how often they ran but we never waited long. MK we waited maybe 5 minutes. HS we missed the bus as we were walking out our door and another one came in about 10 minutes.

I’m not sure how often they ran but we never waited long. MK we waited maybe 5 minutes. HS we missed the bus as we were walking out our door and another one came in about 10 minutes.
Does not sound too bad. People often complain about them but at the deluxe resorts that are bus heavy it seems to fine. The worse for us was BC.... so bad. And yeah I predict in late Sept we will have horrible rain some days and storms so I wanted to be able to escape to some shelter quickly from the stop considering we have two small strollers ha I am use to Jan travel mostly.

Thanks!
I like the Grandstand for standard view. Has it's own pool and a snack bar (not always open). Fun race themed water play area and it's a short walk to the main building.

It's the 1st stop for the buses coming into SSR so in the morning easy to get on the bus and you're the 1st off when you return. Use the app to see what time the bus is expected. Makes it much better.

I'm going to be pedantic: Standard and Preferred are locations at SSR. They are not actually a View, like they are at some resorts. The views from some Preferred uniits is mostly tree, and the views from some Standard are fiiiine.

It's location.
^^^ This ^^^

Congress Park and The Springs are Preferred

Paddock, Grandstand, and Carousel are Standard

^^^ This ^^^

Yeah I basically took it as walking distance to springs or else. I was interested in the else part. Sounds like paddock is good option but also grandstand has the perk of first bus stop. Not sure I care much about views at this specific resort so okay without golf course or whatever. It's nice but not huge deal.

Yeah I basically took it as walking distance to springs or else. I was interested in the else part. Sounds like paddock is good option but also grandstand has the perk of first bus stop. Not sure I care much about views at this specific resort so okay without golf course or whatever. It's nice but not huge deal.
BTW If you decide you’d like golf course view, Grandstand is the neighborhood to request.

Another vote for paddock area. We also stayed in the building right next to the pool which is also very close to the bus stop, it’s right in front of the pool basically. Loved the paddock pool, decent size, good slide, and fantastic kids play water area. The pool grill is pretty decent for food too.

Main pool was closed when we were there and it wasn’t super busy on our pool day. Main pool (high rock springs) is open now and it’s not super far to get to walking either.

I’d stay in paddock near pool again in a heartbeat. Never had any issues with buses either.

Another vote for paddock area. We also stayed in the building right next to the pool which is also very close to the bus stop, it’s right in front of the pool basically. Loved the paddock pool, decent size, good slide, and fantastic kids play water area. The pool grill is pretty decent for food too.

Main pool was closed when we were there and it wasn’t super busy on our pool day. Main pool (high rock springs) is open now and it’s not super far to get to walking either.

I’d stay in paddock near pool again in a heartbeat. Never had any issues with buses either.
Just rolled back tonight from Paddock 2 bedroom 5327. Right by the elevator, and the pool. We loved sitting by the pool and enjoying the bar. And a short walk over the bridge if we needed to hit the lobby area. The room had been re-done and was in great shape. We had not stayed at our home resort in a long time, and came away loving it. I would stay there all over again.

^^^ This ^^^

We did a cash stay last month. We had a one bedroom preferred location. When doing online check in, I was allowed to choose two requests form this list:
Congress Park, Grandstand, Close to Carriage House, Close to Bus stop, Close to Pool.
I was pretty confused. This was our first time at SSR and I've always heard that Preferred meant Congress Park or The Springs. I had thought the Grandstand rooms were Standard. I checked back on the cash reservation page to see the actual wording and for Preferred it does say, 'Close to Disney Springs or to The Carriage House".
I ended up requesting Congress Park and left the second request blank. When we arrived we had not received a room ready text so I checked with the front desk. They asked me what section I wanted to be in and I said Congress Park (I'm never sure what online check in accomplishes). I was told that they couldn't guarantee that, but if we wanted to wait they would try. I mentioned that I paid for Preferred to be close to DS or CH but was told that it's a request and never guaranteed.
We loved our stay at SSR, but for future stays I don't know if I'd pay the extra $80+tax per night if a preferred location isn't guaranteed. At first the resort seemed huge and while waiting for our room assignment I was really apprehensive and worried that we made a big mistake. I even considered asking to switch my reservation to any deluxe resort with availability (I would have paid the difference). My husband convinced me to just chill and see where we ended up. We did get Congress Park. However, by the second full day there, after a lot of exploring, I really fell in love with the entire property. I don't think I'd find any location to be "bad". I probably would put The Carousel at the bottom of my list since we fly, don't rent a car, and go to Disney Springs frequently, but other than that, every area seemed to have benefits.

Sorry this got so long. I really just wanted to say that Preferred wasn't what I thought it would be, and although we ended up getting what we wanted this time, in the future I would take a relaxed attitude, probably save the $ and do standard, and enjoy being surprised by what we get. I feel like at Disney the only times I'm disappointed is when I try to control too much.

We did a cash stay last month. We had a one bedroom preferred location. When doing online check in, I was allowed to choose two requests form this list:
Congress Park, Grandstand, Close to Carriage House, Close to Bus stop, Close to Pool.
I was pretty confused. This was our first time at SSR and I've always heard that Preferred meant Congress Park or The Springs. I had thought the Grandstand rooms were Standard. I checked back on the cash reservation page to see the actual wording and for Preferred it does say, 'Close to Disney Springs or to The Carriage House".
I ended up requesting Congress Park and left the second request blank. When we arrived we had not received a room ready text so I checked with the front desk. They asked me what section I wanted to be in and I said Congress Park (I'm never sure what online check in accomplishes). I was told that they couldn't guarantee that, but if we wanted to wait they would try. I mentioned that I paid for Preferred to be close to DS or CH but was told that it's a request and never guaranteed.
We loved our stay at SSR, but for future stays I don't know if I'd pay the extra $80+tax per night if a preferred location isn't guaranteed. At first the resort seemed huge and while waiting for our room assignment I was really apprehensive and worried that we made a big mistake. I even considered asking to switch my reservation to any deluxe resort with availability (I would have paid the difference). My husband convinced me to just chill and see where we ended up. We did get Congress Park. However, by the second full day there, after a lot of exploring, I really fell in love with the entire property. I don't think I'd find any location to be "bad". I probably would put The Carousel at the bottom of my list since we fly, don't rent a car, and go to Disney Springs frequently, but other than that, every area seemed to have benefits.

Sorry this got so long. I really just wanted to say that Preferred wasn't what I thought it would be, and although we ended up getting what we wanted this time, in the future I would take a relaxed attitude, probably save the $ and do standard, and enjoy being surprised by what we get. I feel like at Disney the only times I'm disappointed is when I try to control too much.
Sometimes the cash booking categories are not exactly the same as DVC point bookings however the category does designate the section you will be in. That's the only purpose of it.

Yeah that sounds pretty good. We currently are hunting the boardwalk since we have the stollers and will have two park days so that makes it easier but SSR in many ways is solid choice. I just like the Boardwalk area so wanted to get in there if I could but the more I read here, the more I do not feel so inclined to stress about trying to get those rooms. We did enjoy the main pool and how peacful the property felt. We liked looking across the water at Disney springs as we walked to get a sandwich. Paddock area does sound like a good central spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter