• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR OR BR VILLAS

stephensmum

DIS Veteran
We are currently booked for 10 nights at AKL, my ds girlfriend is now joining us so have a choice of adding her to our booking £399, then booking another room for them £1905 so that she qualifies for free dining.

Another option would be to change to 1 bed villa, options on availability were ssr we have stayed here 3 times before in a studio increase of £929 or Boulder ridge villas st wl, this is 1800 more than ssr.

is it worth the extra to stay at WL? thinking we will probably go for villa option.

Possibly are last family trip, so keen to get it right, and keep costs down.

If you go for the one bed option you get a king bed and a pull out couch bed in the lounge. I have stayed at SSR and enjoyed it but prefer BWV, SSR you have the internal bus system and a couple of times we couldn't get on as it was already full going to the parks. It was tiring getting back from the parks then having to go round the internal bus system.
The pools are nice and we enjoyed being able to walk to Disney springs, where there are some nice places to eat and plenty of entertainment on an evening.

If you go for the one bed option you get a king bed and a pull out couch bed in the lounge. I have stayed at SSR and enjoyed it but prefer BWV, SSR you have the internal bus system and a couple of times we couldn't get on as it was already full going to the parks. It was tiring getting back from the parks then having to go round the internal bus system.
The pools are nice and we enjoyed being able to walk to Disney springs, where there are some nice places to eat and plenty of entertainment on an evening.

i believe the original poster was referring to the boulder ridge villas at wilderness lodge, not the boardwalk villas...

We are currently booked for 10 nights at AKL, my ds girlfriend is now joining us so have a choice of adding her to our booking £399, then booking another room for them £1905 so that she qualifies for free dining.

Another option would be to change to 1 bed villa, options on availability were ssr we have stayed here 3 times before in a studio increase of £929 or Boulder ridge villas st wl, this is 1800 more than ssr.

is it worth the extra to stay at WL? thinking we will probably go for villa option.

Possibly are last family trip, so keen to get it right, and keep costs down.

so you're talking about either paying an extra £929 for a one bedroom villa at SSR
or paying an extra £2729 to stay in a one bedroom villa at boulder ridge at wilderness lodge?

so an extra £1800 to stay at WL rather than SSR...

well it is a lot of money.....only you can decide if it's worth it to you to spend an extra £1800

is her girlfriend definitely coming with you? no chance she'll cancel at the last minute and you'll have paid £2729 extra for nothing?

as for SSR vs WL - i've never stayed in the villas only in a regular WL room..
i happen to love the wilderness lodge, but do i love it that much? i don't know...that's something you have to decide..

staying in a one bedroom villa in general is much nicer than staying in a studio..
for one thing, you get a washer/dryer which is a wonderful convenience, especially if you're staying there for 2 or 3 weeks..
we made a lot of use of our washer/dryer last august...we used them every single day....fantastic convenience and worth the additional upcharge over a studio..

as for WL vs SSR.....tough choice....in august we stayed at SSR for the first and did enjoy it...
on the other hand, it is a very large property, and you're very much a dependent on where they put you..
we were put in the grandstand building that's only a few minutes walk to the main pool..
so we had the grandstand pool right outside....plus the main pool a few minutes walk...
plus we were the very first busstop so always had a seat headed to the theme parks....all in all the perfect location..
but if you don't get that perfect location it can be a disappointing i think...(as in, don't let them assign you to carousel)..

again, i haven't stayed in the villas at WL so i don't know how they are...
but i have stayed at WL quite a lot and always loved my stays there..
i think it's a gorgeous property and i love taking the boat to the magic kingdom....there's also a bus there if you' don't want to wait for the boat..

Thanks for the advice. In the end BRV was full & the choice was then was deluxe with club at a further increase. We chose SSR requested Paddock the wing near the bride, we've stayed there before & like that location. I've booked for 11 nights with free dining & booked the first 6 nights at cabana Bay. Ds gf flight has been booked, same flight as us, so would think she's definitely going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter