• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR or CR

ginny65

DIS Veteran
DH and I are staying just for the weekend in December - no theme parks. We are trying to decide between SSR deluxe preferred studio or lake view at CR. We like being in the Disney bubble and have stayed at many WDW resorts, but never stayed at either one of these resorts. We actually will be staying off-site for a few days prior to our WDW stay and will be visiting DS during that time. I'm pulling my hair out trying to decide! I need your help please!

CR-lakeview, no question. SSR is fine but its my least favorite DVC by far (I've stayed at all of them multiple times). Definitely no need to pay extra for the preferred room.

I am not a fan of SSR but I'd be way too tempted to go to MK if I was at contemporary. The fireworks are one of the biggest pros for CR for me so maybe....SSR?

If you were doing parks, CR would be my choice...but given that the only plans you have are DS, I’d go with SSR. Newly renovated, and the preferred view units are within walking distance of DS, right? Unless deep down you want to be tempted ;)!

If you were doing parks, CR would be my choice...but given that the only plans you have are DS, I’d go with SSR. Newly renovated, and the preferred view units are within walking distance of DS, right? Unless deep down you want to be tempted ;)!
Also a wonderful spa at Saratoga Springs. Grounds are so large for walking and exercise. Lots of evening activities across the way at DS. So many food choices, a movie theatre, and Splittsville bowling too. I think CR is more for the park goer.

We stayed at SSR and had a preferred view of DS and loved it. Then we just walked across to Ds for dinner or shopping! If I wasn’t doing parks and since there aren’t any fireworks, I wouldn’t choose CR, but that’s just me! If I was in the middle of everything, I would want to participate!

Also a wonderful spa at Saratoga Springs. Grounds are so large for walking and exercise. Lots of evening activities across the way at DS. So many food choices, a movie theatre, and Splittsville bowling too. I think CR is more for the park goer.
Just a guess, but I'd bet the spa isn't open right now. Too much close contact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter