SSR or OKW for Sleep Around Points

Maria_Ohana

Mouseketeer
Seeing the low prices for OKW and SSR on the resale market, I have been pondering about some SAP. Which one would you pick and why? We already own direct at CCV & RIV.

Seeing the low prices for OKW and SSR on the resale market, I have been pondering about some SAP. Which one would you pick and why? We already own direct at CCV & RIV.
I have to agree with all the other responses and go with SSR.
We actually still enjoy SSR, as we like having some time being close to Disney Springs AND to the LBV Golf Course.

True about the elevators vs OKW that only has 3 buildings with elevators. I would prefer for them to go to guests requiring access to elevators.
Require is such a strong word :earboy2:
We stay for weeks at a time, and we use a wheeled cart to transfer our luggage, so no elevator, for us, is a deal breaker.
& I would not request the elevator buildings, because I definitely would want those kept available for folks who really need them. So, unfortunately, I don't see us booking OKW again.

I am currently about to enter ROFR for SSR for SAP for this very reason. While OKW was on my radar for just a few more dollars per point I get 12 more years and reasonable dues. We own at 3 other resorts and I have no intention to stay at SSR unless going for a 2br if bringing in extended family due to the reasonable point charts. I think I enjoy the vibe of OKW a little more. We have never stayed at SSR but friends of ours have and we visited.

We stay for weeks at a time, and we use a wheeled cart to transfer our luggage, so no elevator, for us, is a deal breaker.
& I would not request the elevator buildings, because I definitely would want those kept available for folks who really need them. So, unfortunately, I don't see us booking OKW again.
Can you have luggage delivered by Bell Services at SSR? (Obviously I would tip well if using this in a walkup).

I completely agree. I'll be staying at OKW next week with someone using a scooter, hopefully we will get our requested 1st floor.

IMO, not a lot of difference.

Personally, I'd just go with the resort you like best and might occasionally need home resort booking priority. Those OKW Grand Villas are one of the best bargains on property.

My rule on SAPs is it should be a resort you’re ok staying at if nothing else is available. I generally don’t like SSR, so wouldn’t buy there. I think Aulani is also a good SAP, cheap and long expiration date.

If talking purely SAP with no intention to ever stay there, then SSR for longer contract expiration date and lower dues.

If debating between the two because you may at times, stay at or rent out either resort, then the main considerations for me would be:

SSR for elevators, closer walk to Disney Springs, home resort priority for the Treehouses, and a more recent renovation which includes the murphy sofa bed in some room sizes.

OKW for larger units, quieter resort, and home resort priority for the Grand Villas.

So I have a noob question, for sleep around points, why not get Vero Beach for the lowest $/pp? I know the annual fees are higher but it seems like a $5 difference per point would take 10-12 years to offset the sale price points delta between SSR and VB.

Can you have luggage delivered by Bell Services at SSR? (Obviously I would tip well if using this in a walkup).
Yes, Bell Services delivers luggage at SSR (as well as at OKW). Even though we have a car, we rely on Bell Services to deliver and pick up our Owners Locker.

So I have a noob question, for sleep around points, why not get Vero Beach for the lowest $/pp? I know the annual fees are higher but it seems like a $5 difference per point would take 10-12 years to offset the sale price points delta between SSR and VB.
Your calculations are not taking into account the compounding nature of the dues increases, nor the fact that VB expires 12 years earlier than SSR. I posted about this in another thread but the dues increases at VB are such that it may become functionally worthless on the resale market before too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter