SSR REFURBISHMENT

DIsneydreamer#1

Earning My Ears
I’m staying at SSR in June, some members of my family are staying Standard and some Preferred. Is the resort finished with all refurbishments??...can someone advice about what areas are fully refurbished in both categories? And now that you can do check in online, how do you request a specific area? Who do you tell? I’m so excited about going to Disney and happy vacations to all that are planning to visit!!!

Reportedly, almost all of SSR refurbishment is complete now, so by June they’ll probably be finished. To make requests that aren’t covered by options shown in online checkin, you need to leave that part of online checkin blank and contact Member Services. DVC owners can contact MS directly via chat, email or phone, whereas renters need to ask the owner they rented from to make the results for them.

Reportedly, almost all of SSR refurbishment is complete now, so by June they’ll probably be finished. To make requests that aren’t covered by options shown in online checkin, you need to leave that part of online checkin blank and contact Member Services. DVC owners can contact MS directly via chat, email or phone, whereas renters need to ask the owner they rented from to make the results for them.
Thank you so much!...I will be contacting MS

FYI: All of the Preferred sections are done now. So those will for sure get renovated rooms.

According to this Mar 16 post, there are renovated rooms in the last section, Grandstand, this seems to indicate all open SSR buildings have been renovated:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ssr-renovations.3760497/page-26#post-62785354
Except there was a post of someone staying in Carousel within the past week or two that was not in a refurbished room, so that section must not be complete either.

ETA: https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...om-where-to-buy-adapter.3830279/post-62811268

Except there was a post of someone staying in Carousel within the past week or two that was not in a refurbished room, so that section must not be complete either.

ETA: https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...om-where-to-buy-adapter.3830279/post-62811268
Lol, poor carousel. It’s been a construction staging area for months (at least the building closest to the guard shack was blocked off in October), they came and left at Paddock, and it’s still not done.

Was Carousel the last section added at SSR, after Grandstand?

Is the bridge across the lake open?
The bridge from Congress park to Disney Springs has been open the whole time.

I think the bridge from Rainforest to Paddlefish is open, but it’s less useful since the Congress Park path now forces you to enter at the temp check by Earl of Sandwich.
I’ve heard more stories that the golf bridge on the west side bridge/path from the golf pro shop to Cirque is not an option.

The bridge from Congress park to Disney Springs has been open the whole time.

I think the bridge from Rainforest to Paddlefish is open, but it’s less useful since the Congress Park path now forces you to enter at the temp check by Earl of Sandwich.
I’ve heard more stories that the golf bridge on the west side bridge/path from the golf pro shop to Cirque is not an option.

I meant the bridge from the Paddock to the Springs

I meant the bridge from the Paddock to the Springs
There is still a note on the DVC site that it is closed, however somebody posted on here (or FB) that it was open during the day and closed at night. I can't verify that info though.

Paddock bridge to the Springs was open the last 5 days we’ve been here from dawn to dusk.

I’m new and looking at staying at SSR. If I want to walk to Disney springs and I book a preferred room am I guartenteed to be close to walk path to Disney springs. Also if I book DVC room and I do get Congress park is it close to the pools and the hot tub?

I’m new and looking at staying at SSR. If I want to walk to Disney springs and I book a preferred room am I guartenteed to be close to walk path to Disney springs. Also if I book DVC room and I do get Congress park is it close to the pools and the hot tub?
Congress Park is the closest section to Disney Springs. CP is about a 5-10 min walk to the main pool, depending on which building you are in. There is a small “quiet pool” at CP and a hot tub. SSR has 2 main feature pools, that have slides, large pools, hot tubs and pool bars. These are the main pool ( High Springs pool I think is the name) and the Paddock pool. The Grandstand pool has a kids splash area, decent size pool a pool bar that is seasonal and a soda fountain dispenser for refillable cups. Carousel has no pool, but is really close to the Paddock pool. The Tree House Villas have a small pool and hot tub. Welcome home and have fun.

There are bathrooms at all the pools to change in and shower. I think the laundry is also located in these buildings too.

Preferred is both Springs (near the main area) and Congress Park. 4 of the 7 buildings are Congress Park, so it’s a good chance but not a guarantee.

There are bathrooms at all the pools to change in and shower. I think the laundry is also located in these buildings too.
Are these bathrooms/showers opened now with Covid? We're staying in mid-May and we always book late flights homes so we can have a pool day the last day and in the past, pre-covid, at OKW and All Star Movies we would just use those showers to rinse off and change into our travel cloths. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter