• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Renovations

So they are at least working on Grandstand 8101 according to this picture. Unsure if they've already done the other building in this section or not. Based on some of the reports here they may very well be ahead of their planned Summer completion.

Does anyone know if the Grand Villas at SSR have a Murphy bed in the living room? Or perhaps a single fold down bed (under TV).

The last report about the status of the Carousel section was more than a month ago. Does anyone know if the renovations there are complete? Thanks!!

So for those of us in standard rooms - we should request the Paddock area if we want a renovated room? We just booked a last minute trip for this tuesday!

I just did online check in for SSR and these were my only options for our room. We booked a 2 bedroom, so I'm not sure if that is why, but I was bummed I didn't have more sections to chose from. I'm nervous, since we are traveling with extended family with a baby. But fingers crossed!
Room Request.jpeg

I just did online check in for SSR and these were my only options for our room. We booked a 2 bedroom, so I'm not sure if that is why, but I was bummed I didn't have more sections to chose from. I'm nervous, since we are traveling with extended family with a baby. But fingers crossed!
View attachment 562707
Each building has the same amount 2 bedrooms. DVC can only put in so many preferences and none are guaranteed. Hope you have fun and the weather is nice.

Each building has the same amount 2 bedrooms. DVC can only put in so many preferences and none are guaranteed. Hope you have fun and the weather is nice.
Thanks! I have never traveled in April to Disney, but March is always a great time. Fingers crossed.

I was just hoping to make sure I was not in a construction zone, but a construction area at Disney is better than being at home, right?

If you make a room request through email, and don’t pick any preferences with online check in, will your emailed previous request be taken into consideration? If you choose the preference within the online checkin process, does that negate your previous request?

View attachment 562707
Grandstand is the best. It is first Bus Stop on and off. It is near the Carriage house and there is a quiet pool right there with a splash pad. The Big pool is also in walkable distance.

If you make a room request through email, and don’t pick any preferences with online check in, will your emailed previous request be taken into consideration? If you choose the preference within the online checkin process, does that negate your previous request?
If you make a room request by email, then you should just skip the request section during online checkin because yes, it does negate your emailed request.

Grandstand is the best. It is first Bus Stop on and off. It is near the Carriage house and there is a quiet pool right there with a splash pad. The Big pool is also in walkable distance.
It is also the last section to be refurbished, none of the buildings in the Grandstand are finished. So you get an old room. The 2 bedroom I stayed in 2018 was nearly flawless. But that’s over 2 years ago.

Someone reported they are working on the last 2 buildings in the Grandstand. Looks more like a late spring finish for the buildings. I wonder if they are doing anything else after the buildings?

Last edited:
Someone reported they are working on the last 2 buildings in the Grandstand. Looks more like a late spring finish for the buildings. I wonder if they are doing anything else after the buildings?
So, does that mean Carousel is finished? Was Grandstand last? I’ve been following this thread since the beginning, but I’ve forgotten everything except that the Preferred areas were done first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter