SSR Review

larry's girl

Dead last finish is better than did not finish, wh
We stayed at SSR from May 11-15. We were very excited to experience this resort, since it is our home resort and this was our first time staying there. We arrived at about 12:30 p.m. We had reserved a one-bedroom villa, requesting a non-smoking unit and, if possible, a DTD view. When we checked in, the CM said that there were some NS rooms available with a DTD view, but they were not ready. She gave us the choice of waiting for one of those rooms or taking a NS room that was ready but did not have the DTD view. We knew that we would be staying at SSR again some time, and we really wanted to get into our room, so we chose to take a room that was ready. All of the CM's we encountered here were pleasant and helpful, one even engaging in a short Disney trivia session with us.

We were in one of the buildings (sorry, I forget which one) in the Congress Park section on the third floor, with close proximity to a bus stop. Our unit was in good condition, with everything working as it should. The only imperfection I noticed was a small patch of frayed carpet going from the master bedroom into the bathroom, but that certainly did not detract from our stay at all. Our room was spotless, and we received a T&T visit on the 14th which was done quickly and without fuss (we were all resting at the time, so I think the maid was trying to be quiet and quick so we could get back to our naps). The king size bed in the master bedroom and the sleeper sofa were both very comfortable - there was no bar in the middle of the sleeper sofa to dig into our daughter's back as she slept, so that was a definite plus.

The bus service going from SSR to the parks was good - we never waited more than 10-15 minutes. There were two or three occasions when getting from a park back to SSR became a long and frustrating wait, however. I am not sure if this is because they are trying to schedule the buses based on how many guests are staying at the resort, or if they just need to work out some kinks in the late-night schedule, but we would see three or four buses for the same resort pass us before one SSR bus showed up. Here's hoping this is a temporary situation.

The food court offerings were very good, and the portions are huge. It would be easy to share if you are so inclined. We bought several souvenirs from the gift shop and I am sure we will buy more on other trips - I was especially happy to find a spoon rest with Mickey Mouse on it, which I have been trying to find at WDW for some time.

We did not swim or use the spa facilities, but I am hoping to do both when we stay at SSR again.

Any comments or questions, feel free to post!

Susan

Thanks for the great update. I am glad you enjoyed your trip home and had a good time! We are looking forward to our next 2nd trip home in August!

Sounds Great we are heading to SSR for the 1st time Home on
11/13-11/18 for DS 3rd b-day and also have a 1 br reserved with
a requrest of DTD view. Can' wait.

Dixie Landings 9/98 Honeymoon/DDAY
As Sports 9/99
Off site 5/01
BWV 11/04
AKL 03/05
SSR 11/05

:cool1: :goodvibes

Thanks for posting your review, Susan! I too, would love a Mickey spoon rest. I'll look for one in December! :)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!! Can't wait to go in a few weeks.

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

Lovely to read your review of SSR. I can't wait to return in August :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter