• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR vs BWV

bigstick

Earning My Ears
Planning a close to last minute vacation for the end of January and looking for advice.

3 kids 6, 7 and 9 years old.

Home resort is BWV but since i've waited too long my entire stay isn't available.

SSR is available for the entire stay or I have the option to spend the first 2 nights at SSR and then switch to BWV.

Looking at the hassle and also saving a few points by doing the entire stay at SSR. However i've never stayed there before and love the convenience of walking to Epcot at BWV.

Looking for opinions on SSR and if I'll be disappointed by not staying at BWV ?

Thanks

I wouldn't mess with the switching and just stay at SSR. We usually switch resorts after 5 days and it is still a hassle. Walking to Epcot and even DHS is nice, but I have never cared for the bus situation at BWV for everything else. Prefer the buses at SSR. They are two different styled resorts so you won't really know how you will like it until you try it. If you want to be close to the main area and pool, ask for the Springs area to stay in.

Planning a close to last minute vacation for the end of January and looking for advice.

3 kids 6, 7 and 9 years old.

Home resort is BWV but since i've waited too long my entire stay isn't available.

SSR is available for the entire stay or I have the option to spend the first 2 nights at SSR and then switch to BWV.

Looking at the hassle and also saving a few points by doing the entire stay at SSR. However i've never stayed there before and love the convenience of walking to Epcot at BWV.

Looking for opinions on SSR and if I'll be disappointed by not staying at BWV ?

Thanks

I love BWV so much that I have an AP rate cash reservation next month rather than staying at SSR on points (all that was available when my dates changed a couple of weeks ago). Luckily 3 of my 5 nights have come through on points at BWV (garden view studio), I stalked the website and got it. I have the other 2 nights on waitlist for either garden or boardwalk view.

My attitude has always been that we are in Disney, everything else is gravy. SSR is a beautiful resort, it may not be to everyone's taste, but I just don't get the negativity it receives. I love being able to walk over to DTD for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Bus service is very good at SSR as well.

Every resort we have stayed at in the DVC collection has been excellent in our opinion. Some themes/layouts we like better than others, but I have nothing negative to say about any DVC resort.

Personally, I am on vacation to relax and enjoy myself. To me, moving is a hassle and since I like all the resorts, wherever I stay is fine with me. I know most people don't share this opinion.

We do split stays almost every time we go. Last Jan we started at SSR for 4 days then to BWV for 5 days. I agree we love walking into DHS and EPCOT, but DIS Daughters do not like the main pool at BWV (they don't like Clowns but will use it anyway_lol), they prefer SSR Paddock, Springs or Grandstand. They love going to the community hall at SSR above all other Resorts (they are 13 and 16 now).
So...the only inconvenience, we have had is our room not being ready at BWV when we transfer, no biggie, we just leave our luggage and go to the parks!
Have fun- oh forgot to mention, walking or taking the boat to DTD for Goofy's Candy shop is always a huge plus!

My attitude has always been that we are in Disney, everything else is gravy. SSR is a beautiful resort, it may not be to everyone's taste, but I just don't get the negativity it receives. I love being able to walk over to DTD for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Bus service is very good at SSR as well.

Every resort we have stayed at in the DVC collection has been excellent in our opinion. Some themes/layouts we like better than others, but I have nothing negative to say about any DVC resort.

Personally, I am on vacation to relax and enjoy myself. To me, moving is a hassle and since I like all the resorts, wherever I stay is fine with me. I know most people don't share this opinion.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter