• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

!st Disney visit 10/28-11/3- help and advice

diane5583

Earning My Ears
So to all you expirenced Disney goers help a novice.

My daughter and I have a trip booked in conjuction with my cousin and her family. All seperate but stickint to pretty much the same itinerarty. Booked the room, tickets, park hopper, and dining plan thru Disney. Also made reservations for BBB, and boought our tickets for MNSSHP. Cousin made dining reservations for all of us so we can get the same time at the same place.

Oct 28 (Sun) Flight gets in around 2 or 3pm- no plans set for the evening

Oct 29 (Mon) Epcot- dinner at Akeshus banquet hall at 5pm

Oct 30 (tues) MK-BBB @2:35, Crystal Place for dinner @ 5:05, MNSSHP

Oct 31 (Wed) HS- 50's cafe @ 4;30pm

Nov 1 (Thurs) Universal 1 day 2 park w/ mears transportion. Just Daughter and I. Mainly to see Harry Potter World and look around and ride a few Dr. Suess type rides

Nov 2 (Fri)- AK- Safari first thing, Dinner at 4:30pm @ rainforest cafe

We have so far payed everything in full and no discounts. Have we missed anything... any way to get discounts now that everything is paid for. Anything we are not thinking of?

It will be My cousin and I (age 35-40), her mom (early 60's bad hip) and 3 kids age 6-8.

We are staying at the Pop Century.

Would love any advice on anything, including ways to get upgrades, discounts, anything we are not thinking of, like problems with our itinerary...

Thank you

Diane

Welcome to the Dis! This is a great place for planning advice. As far as looking for discounts, try the Discount Codes and Rates section and subscribe to the thread pertaining to the month you are going. When looking for discounts, I always seem to find that the people on those threads get the word out before other places. Since finding the Dis, we have not taken a trip without some kind of a discount. :) If one becomes available, you will *probably* be able to have it applied to your current reservation. However, sometimes availability is limited at certain resorts, so you may need to be flexible and make changes.

You are going during Epcot's Food and Wine, so remember to take time to enjoy that!

Have a great trip!

PP said exactly what I would. I don't believe the discounts for October are out yet, and therefore once they do, you can call and ask it to be applied to your package. Usually it will be, sometimes you might need to play around with a few things in order to get it to work (cancel room and re-book). The CM will help you figure it out :)

Your itinerary sounds good! I did notice that you said you have Park Hoppers but you seem to be going to 1 park per day. Don't forget with Park Hoppers you can go to more than 1 park per day - which is great. Check out the times that the parks are open, you may find yourself heading over to a different park because its opening earlier or closing later.
I'm like you in that we book about 1 meal a day. Some people book all 3 meals but that's way too much for us. You know your eating habits best, and it can be easier sometimes to just stop at a CS restaurant to grab lunch.

Also, for Universal Studios - fair warning that Harry Potter is small and CROWDED. I would get the earliest Mears shuttle you can for that day. It's really cool though, you feel like you're there :)

Have fun!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter