St. Thomas and Tortola excursions

Hi. How did you find out the zip line excursion was cancelled? Did Disney notify you?
I ask because we are on the Jan 22 sailing and had the zip line tour booked through DCL. Because of your post, I checked our itinerary and find the zip line tour was removed for our plans, yet the DCL listing though the DCL app shows sold out (not cancelled).

I’m paying attn to this thread for sure as now we are looking for an alternative activity to do on Tortola.

Hope you find something fun to do!
Their website/app does not seem to be configured to show an activity or excursion as unavailable, so it just shows “sold out.” This is true both for cancelled activities as well as ones that are unavailable to book from the start.

We are on the Jan 8 sailing that goes to St. Thomas and Tortola. I researched and booked excursions through Disney on both islands. However, both of those were canceled today. I am unable to book any other Disney excursions for my party of five - no availability. So, can anyone give suggestions for excursions that we can do on our own. My party consists of three older teens, a middle age mom, and a very adventurous grandmother. We were going ziplining and snorkeling, but now would be happy with something easy and perhaps close to the port. We are super disappointed about the cancelations, and would like to find something fun - but I am a little uneasy about doing things on our own. Thanks for help and suggestions!

Keep checking for excursions multiple times a day. People will and do cancel. We booked our trip the week of the trip and there was pretty much no availability, but some popped up as people cancelled close to the sail day.

Not really much of an excursion, but it does get you off the ship. At the Port on St. Thomas you can take a skyline up for a view of the port.

If anyone is interested, these were cancelled (we are on the 5th Feb Fantasy sailing): Our records indicate that you have pre-reserved the St. John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel Tour (ST-01), St. John Island Tour (ST-02), St. John Eco-Hike (ST-03), or the The Kon Tiki Sightseeing Fun and Beach Tour (ST-45) Port Adventure in St. Thomas. We are reaching out to Guests on these tours to let them know that these particular excursions are no longer being offered during your sailing.

Three of those traditionally used the same ferry to St. John, so I wonder if that is part of it.

If anyone is interested, these were cancelled (we are on the 5th Feb Fantasy sailing): Our records indicate that you have pre-reserved the St. John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel Tour (ST-01), St. John Island Tour (ST-02), St. John Eco-Hike (ST-03), or the The Kon Tiki Sightseeing Fun and Beach Tour (ST-45) Port Adventure in St. Thomas. We are reaching out to Guests on these tours to let them know that these particular excursions are no longer being offered during your sailing.

Thank you for the information. We're on the same cruise (Feb, 5th). The truth is that we are a little disappointed with the excursions. In Tortola they are all sold out, so we'll go to Virgin Gorda by our own. In St. John also all Beaches Port Adventures are sold out..

Let's not talk about activities on board. It is impossible to book Palo Brunch for any day at sea.

Thank you for the information. We're on the same cruise (Feb, 5th). The truth is that we are a little disappointed with the excursions. In Tortola they are all sold out, so we'll go to Virgin Gorda by our own. In St. John also all Beaches Port Adventures are sold out..

Let's not talk about activities on board. It is impossible to book Palo Brunch for any day at sea.

For Palo Brunch, check first thing on the day that you get on the ship. They usually hold a few slots open. I’ve also had them extend hours of Palo Brunch before if there’s enough demand so more people can book. They will usually call if that’s the case and let you know.

For Palo Brunch, check first thing on the day that you get on the ship. They usually hold a few slots open. I’ve also had them extend hours of Palo Brunch before if there’s enough demand so more people can book. They will usually call if that’s the case and let you know.

Thank you, I will do that.

In 2019, with Hurricane Dorian, we were changed from the Dream to the Fantasy, and were able to book it on the first day at the Enchanted Garden. Now apparently everything has to be done by the APP, so I hope it works fine...

If they are cancelling excursions and you do your own excursion, they may not let you back on the ship.

If they are cancelling excursions and you do your own excursion, they may not let you back on the ship.
Untrue unless they change the rules to require passengers to only use cruise line excursions, which has not occurred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter