!st week of Dec. How busy?

luckey-lasvegas

All our $$ is in IRA's - Ice Rink Activities
We will be going to DN's wedding in Tampa the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
We were thinking of doing the parks,DD has never been to Epcot or MGM and we were only at AK for a few hours before we left on our cruise. DH is not a big parks or crowd person, so I'm wondering how crowded it will be during the 1st week of December.

Hi, You should have NO problems at ALL during the first week of December.

My hubby and I went the week BEFORE Thanksgiving and I think the longest we waited in line was 20 minutes, and that might have been for 2-3 rides at most. All of the rest of the rides we either waited 5 minutes or walked right on. IT WAS AWESOME.

We were told while we were there, that we should come back the first week of December, that it is even LESS busy! It seems that everyone is on a 'kids' schedule, so they come during Thanksgiving (SUPER crowded) but then the kids go back to school- and of course before X-mas is SUPER busy too. So there is a lull in traveling which occurs during the first 2 weeks of December.

The bottom line? Book your trip for that week.

I hope this helps.

We were there last year from Dec1-11. I would say it's just as busy as the end of May. 15-30 min average wait times. You'll have to prepare yourself for the PoP Warner crowd. Who not only bring themselves, but also every member of their extended family.

Overall, it wasn't too bad. We were disappointed because we had expected it to be less busy than what it was.

Ive always read the first week of December is good.

We went the week of Christmas and New Years and it was terrible!!
(thats an understatement)

We spent a ton of money and did half of what we usually get to do.

It is a pretty good week for crowds. We mostly do Jan so we did find crowds a little higher than that time but not too bad. Waits up to about 30n minutes vs walk ups. Found the week-end higher and lots of resturants quite busy. I think attendence in general is just a little higher than in the past. WE found this past year Jan, was higher than ever before. Lots of special activities and decortations make it a really fun time to go.

It's a great time to go! Definitely slower on weekdays than weekends, though. Pop Warner is a little later in 2008 (Dec 7-13). You'll still want to hit the popular rides (especially Soarin) early or fastpass them, but won't do much standing in line overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter