Stacking Question for you pros out there!

Just back, this past week was a bit more brutal in general, though I can't speak to HS late hours, as we left the park about 3pm. At 3pm, HS was very packed.

On our last day, G+ availability in MK was pretty limited much of the day. I was able to bump our first pass, JC to 10:30am, but that was it. At 10:26, return times were bumped out pretty far for everything.

Before that though, we were just about 1st in line for BTMRR, so that was good. (back of 2nd train to leave the station of the day.) By the time we got off, BTMRR line was backed WAAAYYY out back to Pecos Bill's. From there, we opted to do HM, which was just about no wait.

Our next G+ pass was supposed to be SM, the best return I could get was 12:50pm. Refreshing didn't do much of anything. Times just got worse. by 11:20am, return times were out to almost 4pm.Then SM went down around 11am, and stayed offline until after 1pm.

Luckily we had BG 18 for Tron.

Oh, an odd thing happened later in the day. There were no G+ for SM for a bit, and no BTMRR, then some came back online for the PM hours. I was able to get SM for 10pm. Around 4pm, we used our anytime pass to ride SM, or so we thought.

A little while later though, we saw that we were eligible to book our next G+! That's when we realized that we had somehow 'used' the 10pm G+ SM pass. (at 4pm) It took us a little while to realize we still had our anytime pass.
I just read about this! If you have any anytime pass and also a LL booked for a ride, no matter the time, the system will use the LL that you have booked and not the anytime pass.

I just read about this! If you have any anytime pass and also a LL booked for a ride, no matter the time, the system will use the LL that you have booked and not the anytime pass.
Does a silver tier MEP work to accelerate LL for a gold tier attraction?

Does a silver tier MEP work to accelerate LL for a gold tier attraction?
Gold tier MEP vs. Silver tier MEP is terminology I'm used to seeing in discussing Disneyland, not WDW. This is a WDW forum. I don't know if anyone has worked out the MEP tiers at WDW. For the Disneyland answer to your question, see this thread, posts 13 and 14, this thread, post 189. I'd guess that WDW is the same, but that is just a guess.

Edited to provide correct link.

Last edited:
I flew to WDW last month, my flight was around 10:30. I booked Slinky at 7:00, time around 4:00. Then at 10:30, just as we were leaving got Tower for around 2:00. When we landed at 12:50, I booked Toy Story Mania for about 2:30 but later modified to 5:00.

I flew to WDW last month, my flight was around 10:30. I booked Slinky at 7:00, time around 4:00. Then at 10:30, just as we were leaving got Tower for around 2:00. When we landed at 12:50, I booked Toy Story Mania for about 2:30 but later modified to 5:00.
Thank you, this is helpful! We fly out Saturday and have a 10:20 flight, hoping to be delayed 10 minutes so I can grab a LL at 10:30 as well and then one when we land. We are hoping to be at DHS around 4-5 that evening and want to knock out as much as possible!

I've become a master stacker on my last 2 trips. I always book the headliner for our 2nd park right at 7am - Remy, Frozen, Slinky etc because they are usually gone by 10 am. If I get a time that's too early I immediately modify it to a later time.

A hint after a 2 week recent trip, always grab VQs first, then genie + rides and THEN individual lightning Lanes. Unless you need the ILL super early, it's almost always available.
Until what time in the day are ILL still available? Late morning? Early aft? We are planning to close the parks every night, hence will not be up by 7 a.m.

It will vary daily. The average times for the past week were AFoP 10:49, GotG 1:21, RotR 12:47, SDMT 1:51, and Tron 11:53. My source: https://www.thrill-data.com/lightning-lane/wdw
This is the best site to check for those as well as general LL availability.

Even for Slinky now - you're generally seeing availability until 2 hours after park opening. The reason for this is a LOT of people book their 7am ride for later in the day so after that initial rush - LL times move forward at a much slower pace for the first couple hours. But at the 2 hour post-opening mark - you have a whole lot of people who can make their 2n LL all at once and you see a very large jump forward very quickly.

Changes coming June 27...

Starting next Tuesday, June 27, 2023, when purchasing Genie+, guests will have to decide if they want to purchase it for just one park, or multiple parks.
Here’s what the prices will be next Tuesday, June 27, 2023 when this goes into effect:

• Multiple Parks option will be $27.
  • Magic Kingdom will be $27.
  • Epcot will be $18
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be $24
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be $16.

Until what time in the day are ILL still available? Late morning? Early aft? We are planning to close the parks every night, hence will not be up by 7 a.m.
It depends on the ride….Tron & Guardians goes quick quick quick. My DD19 also closed the parks, but we made sure we were up and on the phone at 7:00am to buy our ILLs. I watch the ride times off and on during the week, even when we aren’t there, and every day is different. My advice is if you really want certain rides is to book at 7:00am - it kinda stinks when you want to sleep in, but you gotta do what you gotta do - LOL!
Have fun on your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter