• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

stairs leading up to first floor at coronado(casitas).

smidgy

dimples
I requested first floor so we don't have to bother walking to an elevator and wiating for it everytime we leave the room. but I noticed in a picture of the reflecting pool a short staircase going up to the first floor. this would be a fall hazard to him (blind)if without chair and how does anyone on the first floor get their wheelchair to their room? ramps? are there many? hate to walk way out of the way for a ramp.
last time we were at CSR we stayed in cabanas and this wouldn't have been an issue as the rooms were flush with the walkways (Im pretty sure. this was beofre he used a wheel chair and before he was blind.

It depends on where in CSR you are, some have stairs, some have elevators, etc. If you want to guarantee an elevator, you could book a tower room. Bottom line is you should call Disney and tell them your concerns and have them note what you need.

It depends on where in CSR you are, some have stairs, some have elevators, etc. If you want to guarantee an elevator, you could book a tower room. Bottom line is you should call Disney and tell them your concerns and have them note what you need.
Thanks. We do t want to be guaranteed an elevator. He doesn’t use a chair at home. Only at Disney. With his terrible back no way could he walk around the parks or that huge resort, but he likes some independence at the resort. But we don’t like having to walk to an elevator every time we go anywhere so now we request first floor. At all star sports bldg 7 in touchdown has no stairs but bldg 10 right across has a few stairs so we request 7. I just noticed the stairs at the casitas from floor one. 😢. Anyone know if the cabanas are the same; I don’t recall? Anyone know where the ramps are at the casitas? ( can’t take an elevator down from the first floor😉)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter