Stamping question

bskts4bj

DIS Veteran
Ok, I've got 6, yes 6, Michael's 50% off coupons. I need to pick up some stuff for Christmas gifts to get my daughter (almost 12) started in stamping, which she's interested in, but I haven't got a clue about to be truthful. I used one coupon to pick up a value pack of blank cards/envelopes already (she already likes making cards w/stickers & stuff), what else should I get? I saw colored pens -- are these different than my Zig writers that I use to scrap with? I saw a "pad" for stamping -- is this necessary? I'd think that stamping on a hard surface vs. a padded surface would be preferable.

Please help me not waste these coupons! I'll take any and all advice.

Thanks,
Brenda

My mind went a different direction when I saw "stamping". DD & I did some embossing 2 yrs ago. We used the stamps with the special embossing pad & then sprinkled the powder over the paper. The embossing gun would be something you could use the coupon for-I think they run ~ $15. The stamps themselves can get quite expensive.

Share your coupons and I will help! :earseek:
I am not huge into stamping but have dabbled a wee bit. I love chalk! To me it is the perfect compliment to stamping and scrap booking!You can use it to color your stamped item, Use it on the edge of torn paper to make it pop. Add color to your back ground.
I would also buy her some "saying" stamps. YOu know Thank you Happy Birthday.

Another wonderful thing is a heat embossing gun and powders. I don't have this yet but it is on my list! Also my all time favorite stamp pad is the versa mark. It make the stamped image appear wet on the paper.

I am sure some of the stampers on here can give you more info but for my limited stamping experience those are the things I need, love or want!

i would get her a stamp pad with multiple colors. mine is shaped like a flower petal and each different colored petal is removeable. i used my 50% off coupon at michael's to get mine. all sorts of cardstock in different colors is great too, if she likes to make cards (that is one of my specialties). definately get stamps with sayings on them and ones with generic pictures for birthdays, hoildays, and special occasions. also make sure that she cleans the stanps after each use so that her staps are not ruined. you can by special cleaning fluid and a rough scrubbee pad to clean them, but i usually clean mine with water and a towel. hope this helps and wish your daughter luck for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter