Stand-by line for Rise ***NO SPOILERS***

The 30 min early entry doesn't start until October 1st. In the past when they did this there were certain entrances for resort guests and other entrances for non-resort guests. They were clearly marked and worked well. If a non-resort guest got in the wrong line their Mickey would turn red and they were redirected to the waiting area at the taps for non-resort guests.

you know using the "SHOULD" or using the word "SOON" when it comes to Disney planning and them rolling out something new just makes my left eye twitch!

:crazy2: :headache:
I suspect their plan revolves around rolling out G+/IA$ as a way to alleviate the need to stand in line. My family is all in on Disney and has been for a long time but remain very suspect of their motives for pausing the VQ now when G+/IA$ is on the horizon. Heck no we are not doing this running of the bulls and here is my credit card.

But the early entrance isn't really new, just something they haven't been using lately. For years there were AM Extra Magic Hours at certain parks for resort guests so they're just reintroducing something they've done for years, just not since re-opening in July 2020.

Touring Plans is now showing a 2.5 hour wait also so their number is more realistic now.

I really love this ride and wish it were still virtual queue, but I do think it will help shorten other lines in the park!
me too - however, when I look at MDE right now, Rise is at 180 min, Slinky is at 45 and Mickey RR is 50....is that "less" than before???

I suspect their plan revolves around rolling out G+/IA$ as a way to alleviate the need to stand in line. My family is all in on Disney and has been for a long time but remain very suspect of their motives for pausing the VQ now when G+/IA$ is on the horizon. Heck no we are not doing this running of the bulls and here is my credit card.
Me too!! I'm just adding more Disney gift cards to my stash and will pay off whatever extras I buy..but I'm not standing in a 3 hr line for that ride!

me too - however, when I look at MDE right now, Rise is at 180 min, Slinky is at 45 and Mickey RR is 50....is that "less" than before???
We were there last week and the MDE times were always inflated. Touring Plans is more accurate. We did Slinky at rope drop twice and waited 20 minutes. We also got BGs both times at the 7am drop and I much prefer getting a BG to plan your day.

9:40 - current wait on MDE 220 mins so a little over 3.5 hours....and growing.

Is it too early to say I already miss BG's? I'll take a quick 7AM celebration or disappointment over a 3+ hour wait any day

Is it too early to say I already miss BG's? I'll take a quick 7AM celebration or disappointment over a 3+ hour wait any day
Agreed. And then there’s the issue of standing in line for the 3+ hours, then it breaking down. Over/under on how long the ride lasts today?

Those people would have been somewhere else. Are more people up earlier to rope drop because of it? Maybe. But at the end of the day, the wait times for everything else will be shorter unless they have increased actual park capacity.

Edit: and by "shorter", it may just be a 5-10% reduction across the board.

Those people would have been somewhere else. Are more people up earlier to rope drop because of it? Maybe. But at the end of the day, the wait times for everything else will be shorter unless they have increased actual park capacity.
TRUE - and the wait times on MDE could be inflated for Slinky & MMRR - I know that we found that to be true when we went in Feb!

We'll just have to see how this day turns out....

Happy thoughts for everyone waiting in that line!

Edit: and by "shorter", it may just be a 5-10% reduction across the board.
It makes me wonder if there really is any cap on park capacity right now with the rare exception of MK on October 1st?

Just took a look at the park availability calendar and every day is green from today through March with the exception of Oct 1 in the MK.

It makes me wonder if there really is any cap on park capacity right now with the rare exception of MK on October 1st?

Just took a look at the park availability calendar and every day is green from today through March with the exception of Oct 1 in the MK.

Exactly. We already know the reservation system is more about staffing and resource management than crowd capacity.

Sadly, I fear that when IA$ opens there will still be a quick 7AM celebration or disappointment. The main difference will be that those celebrating will be paying a stiff fee for it.

Sure hope I’m wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter