Stand-by line for Rise ***NO SPOILERS***

I checked the app at 7:55pm last night and the wait was 30 minutes. Park closed at 9pm.

Wait times started at park open @105 minutes and I checked periodically. Saw it get up to 120 minutes but who knows if that was the actual wait time. Then seemed to trend downward as the day went on.
I keep seeing the trend of lower wait times later in the day. For that reason, I’m leaning toward not rope dropping this when we are there in two weeks. Of course, I’m going to continue to monitor this, since crowds are bound to pick up a bit in October.

Based on what I'm seeing it's best to do ROTR later at night instead of early magic hours. My fear is that it breaks down when I try to go later at night and miss it. Does this ride break down often?

Based on what I'm seeing it's best to do ROTR later at night instead of early magic hours. My fear is that it breaks down when I try to go later at night and miss it. Does this ride break down often?
The often part seems to have been resolved at this point. However, the problem is, when it does break down, it can typically take an hour or more to restore and get going again.

it has a history of breaking down, yes.

If it’s a ‘must do’ for you and you don’t want to purchase Lightning Lane (Oct 19th or later) then personally I would arrive early and do it first thing in the morning. (I calculate this as arriving at our resort transportation 90 mins before Early Entry begins).

If it’s not a ‘must do’ for you then you may try later in the day as you’re correct that lines are traditionally shorter in the evening.

All of this may change though in 10 days when Genie services begin as we don’t really know how LL purchases will affect standby lines.

If it’s a ‘must do’ for you and you don’t want to purchase Lightning Lane (Oct 19th or later) then personally I would arrive early and do it first thing in the morning. (I calculate this as arriving at our resort transportation 90 mins before Early Entry begins).

If it’s not a ‘must do’ for you then you may try later in the day as you’re correct that lines are traditionally shorter in the evening.

All of this may change though in 10 days when Genie services begin as we don’t really know how LL purchases will affect standby lines.

Thanks, I may just ride when we get there. We go next Friday a couple days before Genie plus

How do you calculate that as arrival at the actual park? we are walking over from Swan in the morning.

How do you calculate that as arrival at the actual park? we are walking over from Swan in the morning.
Personally if I were walking to DHS I would time it so that I arrived no less than 60 mins before the park opens if I wanted to be towards the front. Typically transportation is starting 60-75 mins prior to park opening although this can fluctuate a bit either way.

Personally if I were walking to DHS I would time it so that I arrived no less than 60 mins before the park opens if I wanted to be towards the front. Typically transportation is starting 60-75 mins prior to park opening although this can fluctuate a bit either way.

Thank you.

I went to DHS Sunday evening, October 3. We arrived at the RotR queue at around 7:00 pm. Wait time said 45 minutes but it was only 10 minutes. It was faster than the old virtual queue boarding groups. Great experience!
We went at early entry rope drop on October 6 but we were behind a lot of people. It took about an hour of wait time in the queue and I don't remember what the official wait time was. If you are going to do rope drop you have to get there really early. Also that day was very crowded. At one point both MMRR and SDD were down so that forced the other wait times higher.

Checking now that Genie +/ILL have been open a bit, have folks seen any impact on the line experience both for going during early entry and for trying the line before the park closes?

Would you still head to ROTR first thing in the morning if you don't have early entry? Also, what time would you suggest arriving at the gates without early entry? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter