Standard studio at AKL

Possibly. Some of the standard studios at jambo have been reclassified from savannah view because they were obstructed savannah views. The majority of standard view studios at jambo overlook the pool.

there are 3 DVC cat. at Jambo house. Value which consist of only a few rooms if I remember correct 8 could be 4 I know it was even where half are savannah and half are bad... second is a standard or pool view in which case you can get a pool and there are some parking lot and obstructed Savannah views... if you want a savannah view request the name of the trail opposite the pool side of the resort there are however a number on the pool side as well and for that fact the rooms right above the lobby check in are all standard. If you really want a savannah view and will not be happy without one I would suggest paying the additional as a lot of people who book the standard DVC know what to request so you will not be alone... DVC works as you will get the view you booked and you will stay in the room they give you or pay a room cleaning fee to change if you are unhappy with any view you may get for any reason.

We are 2/3 getting a partial savannah view for dvc standard at Jambo. They were smaller caged areas with some birds and a few deer like animals. Giraffes maybe a few hundred feet away in another area. 1/3 seemed to be full savana or close. We simply ask on a pre fax for the best view of animals possible no matter the location. We always ended up with a long walk which was fine for the view.

some of the standard rooms have at least a partial savannah view. If you don't have any view, there are many observation areas on each floor as well as the large walk out area on the main floor.

Last edited:
Any chance we might get lucky and see some of the savannah from a standard dvc studio at jambo?
Yes, see this link http://i.imgur.com/G2qaSva.png (credit to poster Drusba.)
there are 3 DVC cat. at Jambo house. Value which consist of only a few rooms if I remember correct 8 could be 4 I know it was even where half are savannah and half are bad... second is a standard or pool view in which case you can get a pool and there are some parking lot and obstructed Savannah views...
Felt the need to clarify - Value villas are on the front 2 hallways/trails of Jambo (Giraffe and Ostrich trails) and there are a couple of those value DVC villas which look out the front of the lodge and thus towards the road/parking.
There are no standard view DVC villas on those front hallways thus no standard view villas overlook the parking lot. Standard view cash rooms may overlook the parking lot/road, but standard view villas do not.
As you can see in the above linked map, the standard view villas are scattered throughout the resort and more than half have some limited savanna view. Those located along the lobby have either pool/roof views or Sunset savanna partial views, those along Zebra trail overlook the pool/roofs or less than stellar Uzima savanna views, those on Kudu trail have less than stellar Sunset savanna views.
Part of the confusion stems from the fact that many years ago several savanna view DVC studios were reclassified/downgraded to standard view (and points reallocated.) Although the smaller value villas have always been on Ostrich/Giraffe trails and thus are the only villas were you risk parking lot/road views.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter