• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Tours Or Ms?

bruin

Earning My Ears
It is hit or miss for me on simulator rides whether I get motion sickness. I would like to give one of these a try as this is DH first trip and wants to ride both. Opinions on which is tamer? I have no problems with any other types of rides. Thanks!

"OFF TO WILDERNESS LODGE IN SEPT.!"

welcome to the boards...glad you found us!!!!
while they are both simulators, they are totally different rides...as far as which one is tamer, i would suggest star tours is the "easier" of the rides...mission space is intense and has been reported to be something of a maneater...i have terrible problems with spinning (can't do the tea cups) but i can do both mission space and star tours...if you were going to do just one, i would suggest mission space because is it so unique...
have fun!!!
sunking

Star Tours.

The thing is, if you start to get sick, all you have to do is not look at the screen and breathe deep and you will be OK. The sense of motion comes from the visuals so, by focusing on a stationsry part of the 'spaceship' like the seat in front of you or the side of the ride, your brain will say 'OK, we aren't going anywhere now, but we are on a really bumpy .... something.' So, Basically, you will just feel jostled.

Star tours. No question.

That ride doesn't even phase me, as is the case with most simulators. Mission Space is in a class all its own. I was white as a sheet when I got off the ride. My wife had no interest in riding, so I initially used her park pass to get myself two FastPasses. After riding the first time, I knew that second FastPass would go unused!!!

Oh, by the way, I can't wait to try MS again on our next trip. :teeth:

I'm prone to motion sickness. I get sick just watching the spinning tea cups! We were there last week and ST wasn't a problem for me. I didn't even attempt Mission Space.

Corina

Originally posted by bruin
It is hit or miss for me on simulator rides whether I get motion sickness. I would like to give one of these a try as this is DH first trip and wants to ride both. Opinions on which is tamer? I have no problems with any other types of rides. Thanks!

"OFF TO WILDERNESS LODGE IN SEPT.!"

I have been on both and there is no comparison in my opinion. On MS you really do feel like you are blasting off in a rocket and that you are really in space. Star Tours you are aware you are in a simulator all of the time and it is very tame compared to MS.

You will probaly get other opinions but I am usually fine coming off of Star Tours and MS I was unbalanced for a little while after.

Thanks for the help. Sounds like ST is the one for me to try. DH will have to ride MS solo.

depends on what makes your lunch want a rematch...st is much jerkier and you can shut your eyes if you feel that burger rising...at ms it's smoother but if you shut your eyes you will need an airsick bag, no ifs ands or buts!!! my ms prone hub can do st no problem usually although he does have to shut his eyes sometimes.

Jann, not arguing with you here...

just wanted to get the info out there that, physiologically, the best thing to do to make the motion sickness go away is to keep your eyes open- If you close em on Space, you WILL get sick (or at least feel woozy- even if you never get motion sickness)

As for star tours, simply look at something inside the 'cabin' that is not near the screen, and is stationary. There is an explanation, but it is way too long to post since most people don't care what it is... :o

Star Tours is tamer, but if you feel that you'll get sick on either I would suggest riding Mission Space. It's a better ride (IMO) and if you're going to feel sick anyway...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter