Star Tours Variety?

OnlyDisney

DIS Veteran
For the past year every time we've gone on Star Tours it's been the same scenes from the new movies. Are there any plans to switch it up again? I loved the old variety of not knowing what adventure you were going on.

I’m curious about this too. When I was here in Dec every ride was the last Jedi, I liked it the old way when each ride was a surprise! Hoping to have surprise adventures next week!

I’m curious about this too. When I was here in Dec every ride was the last Jedi, I liked it the old way when each ride was a surprise! Hoping to have surprise adventures next week!
They do that to promote the movie and new scenes added to the ride.

Even when it's "random", we always seem to get the same scenes over & over. Last time we rode it 3 times in a row, and with the exception of maybe one scene, it was always the same. It never seems random enough for all the times that we have ridden it. I guess we're just unlucky with the room that we end up in for the ride.

I rode it three times in one day recently and each scene each time was from the old timeline. Are new scenes kept separate from the old scenes now? I loved not bouncing back and forth from rebel spy to secret message.

Edit: I was sent to the left and right sides.

Last edited:

Maybe we're just extremely unlucky, it's been the new scenes every time for the past year, and the last time we were there was about a month ago. My daughter and I will be there Sunday, fingers crossed we get something different. :fish:

Maybe it was random but in May the time we went through the left side line (and were directed to the left) we got TLJ scenes. When we went right 3 times, we got random old scenes each time. I don't know if that was coincidence or if they were showing the TFJ scenes in the left theaters and old scenes in the right.

We rode 3 times on June 18th and only repeated the beginning scene on 2 rides I think. Maybe the same hologram on 2 of the 3. Otherwise, all different scenes.

When we were there in Oct we were hoping for new scenes (we knew Last Jedi wasn't being added till a month or two later) but never got anything from Force awakens...and if I had to sit through Naboo one more time! can't wait to go again this year...want more from the new films...or OT...think there is only one good prequel sequence and that is the one with Slave 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter