Star Tours

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
Can someone tell me what this ride is?
Is it rough?
Scary for a 7 year old?
Is it an actual ride, or a simulation?

Tomorrow is our last day, so need to know if we need to do it!
Thanks

It is a simulation ride, but there are about 30-40 people in at one time. You are in an aircraft flying through the galaxy trying to avoid emeny fire and get safely back to base. It is pretty cool and fun. I think a seven year old would enjoy it, especially if he likes space and/or Star Wars movies or characters. It is a classic DL ride that has remained fairly popular throughout the years. Have fun! :flower:

Roughness depends on where you sit. The further back you are, the more rough it is because you feel more movement towards the back. The back corners (particularly the seat next to the entry door) are very rough.

My two DS's have liked it since they were about 4, and they are pretty chicken of other things! It can be loud, and a bit jerky - but there is no upside down movement, no dark parts - and the actual "storyline" of the ride wouldn't scare a 7 year old familiar with the movies. It can make you a bit queesy if you are prone - but as long as you don't look away from the sreen it isn't as bad (I tend to get a bit green when I try to look at other people riding the ride with me!). Lots of fun!

I agree with Kristy. My 5 yo wasn't a fan of the rollercoaster type rides, but LOVED this one. I think it was one of her favorites. She has been talking about the "crazy robot driver" ever since we got home.

One bit of advice, if you get motion sick send your DH on with the kids! I don't go on this ride, its too much for me.

So is it like Soarin??
Are you sitting, or standing?

You sit. It's a more traditional simulator than soarin'. You are more in a moving theater. The screen is part of the simulator theater instead of a stationary object like it is on Soarin'.

I loved this ride! It is much rougher than soarin over california, in that things appear to come straight at you making you want to duck for cover out of fear. I have not been on any kind of ride for more than 25 yrs and star tours was one of the first rides we went on. The operator got such a kick out of how much I enjoyed this ride that he allowed us to stay put and ride a second time. When we went to Universal studios a couple of days later I liked Back to the Future even more because it seemed like an even more sophisticated version of star tours.

My nephew rode it for the first time last year - he was 4. That became his favorite ride at Disneyland (He's very into Star Wars).

The ride is an adventure, but it's not threatening, and the robot pilot is funny.

After the ride was over, my nephew told me: "Auntie Jo, that robot really wasn't a very good pilot." :teeth:

If your 7 year old likes Star Wars, he will LOVE this ride. I went with my 4 year old nephew in September and he thought that this was the coolest. I was a little worried, but when I looked over at him, he had a huge smile on his face. We went a second time and he asked "Are we going to see Darth Vader this time?" It was so real to him.

It was so real to my kids when they were little to! I remember when DS was about 5, we rode it 2 times in one day - about 4 hours apart - I got sick that time because I was so busy watching him trying to tell the robot pilot what to do. He would say - "no! Not there! You can't go that way!" "No! You went that way last time!" He'd be ducking his head, flinching.... it was more entertaining than the ride!

I love this ride! I have ridden it sooo many times. I like to just relax on the ride and overexaggerate the bumps and stuff. It makes it more fun. :earsgirl:

Thanks for the input. We didn't get on it though. Spent the last day doing our favorites, and the rest of the stuff we hadn't done yet.
Sounds like we would have enjoyed it though!
Next time!

Have a safe trip home! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

I enjoy it every time I ride it. I've wondered with the release of the final three films of the saga, will they alter Star Tours now? You know, add little hints from them? I hear they plan to add little 'here and there' things to POTC from the movie and its sequels. Not to where it's overly noticeable, but still some additions. I wish they'd leave the classics alone! They don't need to be tweaked anymore. I can see the change appropriate for HM with the NBC theme, but during the rest of the year, it's the original as it should be. But, for drastic changes: Noooooooooo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter