Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Viewing *Outside* of DHS?

Rob Huff

Mouseketeer
We're heading to WDW in January for our first trip without park tickets. We had a big, park-heavy trip in April 2019 and we'll have another one in 2021, so we'll get to experience the attractions inside the parks with regularity.

As we've been toying around with our agenda, one item has come up for discussion: what nighttime attractions can be viewed from outside of the theme parks? We've had lovely experiences watching Happily Ever After from across the lagoon on the bluff by the PVB and we're looking forward to seeing HEA from Bay Lake Tower at the end of our trip. I suspect that we'll be able to view snippets of Epcot Forever from the bridges near the Crescent Lake resorts, though I only really expect to see the fireworks portion of the show. And I don't think that you can see any of Rivers of Light from outside the Animal Kingdom, though I'm open to being corrected on that front.

However, as the title suggests, this post is specifically geared toward finding out whether you can see any of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular from outside of DHS. I know that you can see some of the fireworks from the Boardwalk and the Beach Club. But I'm wondering more specifically about whether you can (1) see any of the projections (I suspect not) or (2) hear any of the music (I suspect yes) from outside the main gate to DHS, ranging as far as the walkway to the Friendship boats.

I have a daughter who is a Star Wars obsessed and I don't want to tell her that we're going to see some of the show unless we can partake in a meaningful chunk of it.

Any and all feedback appreciated!

The show's "story and effects" are virtually "lost" from anywhere but near the front of the Chinese Theater.

But...
(Image below is from the "Maps by Robo" sticky post that is always found near the top of this forum.)

Views of the higher-flying fireworks seen along the plum-colored pathway inside the area that I shaded in green on the map below. (Audio of the show will be unheard or unintelligible from here.)

Just outside the DHS main gates, the fireworks will be severely blocked (by the overhead constructions of the gates.)

Last edited:
We're heading to WDW in January for our first trip without park tickets. We had a big, park-heavy trip in April 2019 and we'll have another one in 2021, so we'll get to experience the attractions inside the parks with regularity.

As we've been toying around with our agenda, one item has come up for discussion: what nighttime attractions can be viewed from outside of the theme parks? We've had lovely experiences watching Happily Ever After from across the lagoon on the bluff by the PVB and we're looking forward to seeing HEA from Bay Lake Tower at the end of our trip. I suspect that we'll be able to view snippets of Epcot Forever from the bridges near the Crescent Lake resorts, though I only really expect to see the fireworks portion of the show. And I don't think that you can see any of Rivers of Light from outside the Animal Kingdom, though I'm open to being corrected on that front.

However, as the title suggests, this post is specifically geared toward finding out whether you can see any of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular from outside of DHS. I know that you can see some of the fireworks from the Boardwalk and the Beach Club. But I'm wondering more specifically about whether you can (1) see any of the projections (I suspect not) or (2) hear any of the music (I suspect yes) from outside the main gate to DHS, ranging as far as the walkway to the Friendship boats.

I have a daughter who is a Star Wars obsessed and I don't want to tell her that we're going to see some of the show unless we can partake in a meaningful chunk of it.

Any and all feedback appreciated!
like Robo said SWaGS is not heavy on the fireworks, and even the fireworks that it does offer are low and few.

A well timed ride on the Skyliner may get you the best outside of park views for Epcot and /or DHS.

I know you can see the fireworks at both EP and HS from the Dahlia Lounge deck at the GDT. Just the fireworks, no music or anything.

We have seen the HS fireworks from the pathway to HS.
As mentioned, there are not a lot of fireworks. Most is projection on the buildings and you won't see unless you can see the front of what was the Chinese Theater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter