Star Wars Costume - Blaster Question

TinkAgainU

Trust In The Pixie Dust
Helping a pre-teen with his costume, going both a StarWars Nite and May 4th. He wants to dress like Han Solo. Can he bring a plastic Blaster (not a light sabre - I know those are allowed) on his hip if it is obviously plastic? It would probably be made from pvc pipe and painted black/brown. Just to go in the holster.

I don't think that would be allowed. But even the Han Solo holster would look really cool. That will be such a great costume, I saw tons of Jedi when we went but I don't remember any Hans.

Yea, not allowed. You’ll see a lot of empty holsters on SW Nite.

Even clearly prop blasters, badly made and orange/neon painted weren’t let in.

I do not believe they sell anything resembling a "blaster" anymore. I may be wrong about that, but I think that is the case. Even the old Buzz Lightyear style bubble guns are now bubble wands.
Interesting, I'll look this weekend

Maybe its only in DTD...but I swear I've seen blasters sold on property since covid

From the list of Disneyland prohibited items:

“Weapons of any kind or object that appear to be weapons (toy guns, toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)”

They were slowing phasing out any weapons, other than lightsabers for years now. I wanted to get my partner a Buzz Astroblaster to match mine so we could annoy each other, but those and the bubble guns were gone pre Covid. 😔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter