Star Wars Dark Side 2018 AP Registration

MuppetBaby

Earning My Ears
With all the excitement this week of the Princess Half, it got me thinking about the 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Half registration.

As very recent AP holders, my husband and I are interested in registering for SWDS during AP registration. However, I'm not sure what we need in order to do that. We've registered for runDisney events before so we each have Active accounts. We've just a never had APs before. That's where my confusion comes in.

I've searched around and found statements about how each person needs to log into the passholder site.

His AP is linked to my MDE account (he does not have an account of his own). Does he need to create one or can we both log in through my account at the same time? (We will each be at our respective jobs that day).

We want to be prepared on the day that early registration opens.

What's the process and what do we need to do to ensure a smooth early registration?

Any advice is appreciated.

You just have to login with your account then go the Annual Passholder page -->Passholder Extras -->Enjoy Early Registration for RunDisney & then there will be a link to follow to sign up. Although, right now when I keep trying to do that it takes me to buy APs again, which I have, so it's being weird right now. What it should do is go to a page that has a link that then brings you to the sign ups.

You already both have active accounts which is what is important.

You just have to login with your account then go the Annual Passholder page -->Passholder Extras -->Enjoy Early Registration for RunDisney & then there will be a link to follow to sign up. Although, right now when I keep trying to do that it takes me to buy APs again, which I have, so it's being weird right now. What it should do is go to a page that has a link that then brings you to the sign ups.

You already both have active accounts which is what is important.
A friend of mine has been trying to sign up for a 5k missed wine and dine, missed Princess last week, and now wants to try for the SWDS 10k. She is an AP holder and was trying to find the links after she signed into MDE on her phone but couldn't find it. She was pretty distressed about it.
I will give her your directions above, but I have a question. At some point, it will ask her to sign in to her Active account, correct? I usually sign up early with DVC, but I expect it to be the same way for her via AP? Early sign ups also on 5/18 (like for DVC)?
Thanks for your help! We missed most of our Weight Watchers meeting last week trying to figure this out.

A friend of mine has been trying to sign up for a 5k missed wine and dine, missed Princess last week, and now wants to try for the SWDS 10k. She is an AP holder and was trying to find the links after she signed into MDE on her phone but couldn't find it. She was pretty distressed about it.
I will give her your directions above, but I have a question. At some point, it will ask her to sign in to her Active account, correct? I usually sign up early with DVC, but I expect it to be the same way for her via AP? Early sign ups also on 5/18 (like for DVC)?
Thanks for your help! We missed most of our Weight Watchers meeting last week trying to figure this out.
Yes, she'll need to sign into her active account, it will prompt her after clicking on the link for the race she wants, so just like for DVC or regular registrations. Yes, it's the same as DVC, the Thursday (5/18) before regular on Tuesday (5/23)

What I posted above is still taking me to buy passes though, I'm not sure why, hopefully on 5/18 will go to the rundisney link.

Do we know what day registration opens for AP holders? I also get redirected to the buy passes page when I click on the RD link in the AP benefits section. I have a valid annual pass through November of this year.

I thought it was one week early, which would be 5/16? But I can't find that anywhere on the website.

Do we know what day registration opens for AP holders? I also get redirected to the buy passes page when I click on the RD link in the AP benefits section. I have a valid annual pass through November of this year.

I thought it was one week early, which would be 5/16? But I can't find that anywhere on the website.
It changed to the Thursday before sometime in the last year, so it will by 5/18 based on how the last few weekends have been. Yeah, I know they changed/redid the AP site, but not sure why that link is broken, kind of annoying as that's where it would list all the upcoming dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter