• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Fireworks Worth It?

Hiya! So we are in the process of planning our trip for this summer and I have a question. We have not specifically planned a night time trip to DHS (we have park hopper), however our night parks are very flexible at this point. My idea was to have dinner at EPCOT and travel to DHS for the fireworks.
Here are my questions:
1.) Are the fireworks every night? What time?
2.) What time should we leave EPCOT to get good spots?
3.) Are they worth all this travel? (We are big Star Wars fans)

Thanks in advance!

1) yes every night. Right now their at 9:30. Depending on when you go that time could be different

2) I'd recommend getting a spot 30-45 min before the show. 60 min before if you want to be up close right near the stage. So leave Epcot with enough time to grab a spot. If you're in the World Showcase and leaving by international gateway then it's about a 15-20 min walk to HS. If you take the boat I'd allow about 30-45 min travel time. If you're in Future World then I'd allow about 15-20 min driving yourself or 30-40 min for Disney bus. They also have the Express busses if you want to pay to take that route.

3) I personally don't consider going from epcot to HS a lot of travel or a pain. But it's definitely worth it, especially if you're big Star Wars fans

If you are a Star Wars fan, you do not want to miss this show. It is definitely worth it!

I'd definitely say to do it if you are Star Wars fans-I really love the SW fireworks/projection show. My son and husband are much bigger Star Wars fans than I am but I think it is one of the best night time shows Disney does (not a huge illuminations/fantasmic fan). My mother also was very impressed when we went and she isn't an avid Star Wars fan either. I would say though it is not nearly as impressive if you are not able to properly see the projections on the Theater and surrounding buildings. How early you need to arrive depends on the crowd level as well. We have shown up with 30 min (or slightly less) and had good spots to view on multiple occasions but on high crowd nights that may not work.

I am not a Star Wars fan and I loved the show!! I loved how they combined all sorts of things - projections, fire, lasers, fireworks. It's amazing & I'll see it again this summer for sure

Lately they've been 30 min apart, so you'd have to choose which to see. It's a lot easier when they do two showings of Fantasmic

Hmm. We may end up missing it then. We really want to see Fantasmic!! Tht's too bad they space them out like that, but understandable!

Hmm. We may end up missing it then. We really want to see Fantasmic!! Tht's too bad they space them out like that, but understandable!

It's to split the crowds so not everyone is piled at one. I will say if you want to catch both then sit toward the top of Fantasmic to get a jump on the crowd, or leave 2 min early. From the couple times I've watched the Star Wars show, you could still get a decent spot 5 min before the show. If you're coming from a Fantasmic you won't have an amazing spot, but you could make due. As long as you try to have a clear view of the Chinese theater and not underneath a tree

Haven't been to WDW in three years now... planning an early Dec. trip this year... will the Star Wars fireworks be happening then? Or is it a temp/summer thing?

Haven't been to WDW in three years now... planning an early Dec. trip this year... will the Star Wars fireworks be happening then? Or is it a temp/summer thing?

It's not a temporary show. But last year they had a Christmas show called Jingle Bell Jingle Bam that replaced Star Wars show for the holiday. No word on if that show will come back this year yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter