• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser How To Know First?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also this is a starting from point, you can choose more expensive rooms and upgrades to dining as well.

1,200 a night for a family of 4? Yeah in a 1 bedroom. We usually pay around 500 for a monorail resort. Can get cheaper at contemp or DVC rental

I wish we could find those kind of rates. $800 a night for Yacht Club or Boardwalk or Beach Club per night for a standard room for 4. We are paying $400 a night for a moderate at CBR basic room. lol

A 1 bedroom at the Grand Floridian is $1,934 per night.

The most I've ever paid for a monorail resort was 560 a night for a family of 4... But yeah this vs a cruise, I know which direction I would go.

That is good. I have never seen prices that low for them. Even Yacht Club is over $700 a night usually for a basic room. Same for Boardwalk and Beach Club. Maybe cheaper in Jan or Feb.

I wish we could find those kind of rates. $800 a night for Yacht Club or Boardwalk or Beach Club per night for a standard room for 4. We are paying $400 a night for a moderate at CBR basic room. lol

A 1 bedroom at the Grand Floridian is $1,934 per night.

Check out the DVC Rent/Transfer page on the disboards next trip. Might be a big help

My 'bucket list' thing used to be staying at the CR, but with the CR room renovations and how much I hate the redo, that's now off the list. But this Star Wars hotel experience? TAKE MY MONEY!

I'm a pretty big Star Wars guy, and I would never pay this. I mean I'm going golfing in Scotland for a week and a half next summer for about the same price.

I'm sorry, but I'm a little disappointed that Disney made a SW hotel that only a small percentage of people in the world can afford.

If I’m paying this kind of money, I damn sure wouldn’t wanna read any type of spoiler or what to expect when people actually start staying there. Would feel like a waste of money not being surprised

Its not the price tag that annoys me. Its the amount of days. I am pretty sure we all mostly pay for that a week vacation, or more.

But not for 2 nights. No way

Can we also point out how that pricing is only a set time frame and WEEKNIGHTS.

Its going to be much higher on weekend and high traffic times of the year

Wondered when someone would point this. I'd imagine Friday/Saturday nights will be crazy, and forget about Christmas or Summer months.

So many more things I want to do and see for that $$$ but I’m sure some will enjoy it. I’ve been a huge SW fan for 40 years but this doesn’t entice me although I do think it will be an initial hit. I also wonder long term what will happen with interest.

Its not the price tag that annoys me. Its the amount of days. I am pretty sure we all mostly pay for that a week vacation, or more.

But not for 2 nights. No way

Can we also point out how that pricing is only a set time frame and WEEKNIGHTS.

Its going to be much higher on weekend and high traffic times of the year

Yeah, but the immersive experience probably would start to get old if it lasted much longer (not to mention that you are only going to be able to get natural light for a few hours over those two days). If it is as good as they are saying it will be, I think the price seems somewhat reasonable given how expensive this thing will be to operate (not to mention build) given that it will require many more cast members per guest than practically anything else at Walt Disney World.

So many more things I want to do and see for that $$$ but I’m sure some will enjoy it. I’ve been a huge SW fan for 40 years but this doesn’t entice me but I do think it will be an initial hit, I also wonder long term what will happen with interest.

Totally agree! I think Star Wars fanatics and Disney fanatics are going to bum rush this place for about the first year. After that I question if it can maintain it's popularity. I mean I would rather take a week vacation to Hawaii or Europe for this price. A lot depends on word of mouth. If people stay there and say that it's unbelievable, then someone like me might consider it. However, if people say "it's good but not worth the price," then they will be forced to lower the price due to it loosing some popularity.

Also, I think it's funny that some people are complaining about the possibility of paid Fast passes, but "can't wait" to stay here.

It’s less expensive than a river cruise in Europe, and no overnight trans-Atlantic flight required! DH and I are thinking about this for our anniversary next year.

We're all in tbh. But I want to do it ASAP before they inevitably water down the experience.
Yes, I remember when the servers at Prime Time were really into playing a role. I also remember a restaurant where all the servers were opera singers. Over time, it becomes much more difficult to hire people with those skills who also have the skills and desire to be servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter