• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Galaxy Edge questions

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I know that it is supposed to open sooner in California, than Florida. Right now, what is the anticipated opening date?

Also, just how bad will the crowds be? I know that at Disney World it's anticipated to be apocalyptic-worthy crowds (lol). Will the impact be as bad at DL? If one were to visit during November/Christmas season, would the wait times still be really bad?

I know that it is supposed to open sooner in California, than Florida. Right now, what is the anticipated opening date?

Also, just how bad will the crowds be? I know that at Disney World it's anticipated to be apocalyptic-worthy crowds (lol). Will the impact be as bad at DL? If one were to visit during November/Christmas season, would the wait times still be really bad?
Anticipated opening in likely mid to late June based on blockout calendars. I would prepare yourself for crazy crowds.

I'm with the other posters...the Christmas season is already very busy in the parks (especially on the weekends). With the addition of Star Wars Lands, I would except to see very high crowds almost on a daily basis. The only reason that it might not be horrifically busy is if the opening of Star Wars Land in WDW takes a small amount of the pressure off DLR. I wouldn't count on it, but that's about the only reason I can think of.

I wonder if we’ll regret the GE opening once we see what it does to crowds. It may draw people that are not typical DL guests. I hope that doesn’t happen. But once it’s open, there will be no going back. These may be the Golden, pre-GE days.

As others have said, we don't have an exact opening date yet, but AP calendars make it appear to be gearing up for a June opening.

As for crowds, I expect people will be saying, "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I didn't expect to be waiting in this line for 5 hours." ;) Cars Land opened 5 years ago, and I didn't visit for 7 months afterward. At that point, just after rope drop, the standby was 2 hours (yup, we waited! ) and FPs were gone by 10am. And that was a land made about a "kids" movie. Star Wars crosses 3 generations, which means there's a lot of "older" people flocking to see it too. In my case, Hubs loves SW, Daughter 1 likes SW, and 1 grandson likes it. If my father-in-law was alive, he'd join us to see it, too. But, FIL and Daughter 1 couldn't care less about Cars Land, so the opening wouldn't be on their radar.

So if everyone is at Star Wars would they leave the rest of the park at normal crowd levels or does a new land increase crowds everywhere in the park?

Ie could we watch the crowds surge by and laugh or would you get swept away and trampled?

So if everyone is at Star Wars would they leave the rest of the park at normal crowd levels or does a new land increase crowds everywhere in the park?

Ie could we watch the crowds surge by and laugh or would you get swept away and trampled?
I mean, people aren’t going to spend a whole day in the Star Wars area. So while it might concentrate crowds into that area first thing in the morning, it’s overall just going to increase crowds altogether.

Of course, we still have no idea what Disney may be planning that may change expectations - cost increases, FPs for the land itself, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter