Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

So I made reservation during Xmas week at Oga just so we could get into land assuming it will be mobbed with heavy crowds....is this probably necessary and do we have to order something when we arrive. I’m assuming if we just use reservation to enter land and don’t show up at Oga’s than we will each be charged $10 penalty fee for missing ADR.

So I made reservation during Xmas week at Oga just so we could get into land assuming it will be mobbed with heavy crowds....is this probably necessary and do we have to order something when we arrive. I’m assuming if we just use reservation to enter land and don’t show up at Oga’s than we will each be charged $10 penalty fee for missing ADR.
yes, you will be charged a no show of $10 per person on the reservation if you don't check in
You could also wait and see if it's necessary and if not you could cancel the day before without penalty
The third option is to go into Oga and just buy one drink but make sure to tip your waiter/waitress depending on the number of people on the reservation

I don’t think so.

Butterbeer is a big part of the Harry Potter franchise. Is Tip Yip something mentioned in Star Wars?
please let us not go the "mentioned in SW" route. Again, SW galaxy is vast, I know it's mentioned in Black Spire Book, not sure if it's mentioned anywhere else, the point is to have a sort of unusual term for regular food to get into the theming and immersion

I am curious about this too. I did the same thing for our Easter week trip.

I don't mind checking in to see things, but I was curious if you had to buy anything. We will be coming right after dinner and doubt we'll be in the mood for much.

I have two questions:

1. I have booked a couple reservations for our party at Oga's but mainly just as a precaution for boarding groups. I'm hopeful they will let guests with Oga's, Savi's or droid building reservations in regardless of boarding group status. Does anyone have any insight into this? I believe DL uses this policy.

2. Do you have any get anything once inside Oga's? Not to say that we won't but if the lines are long for the two rides, I'd rather use the reservation to get into the land and then head for the rides. I'm just curious if you can go in and look around and then head out.
1. It’s been confirmed in this thread that guests with Oga’s ADRs were allowed entry into SWGE 30-60 minutes prior to the ADR.

2. You don’t have to purchase anything, but for a party of 12, you’d need to tip your server an adequate amount as the CM is losing income when you enter and then leave without ordering.

please let us not go the "mentioned in SW" route. Again, SW galaxy is vast, I know it's mentioned in Black Spire Book, not sure if it's mentioned anywhere else, the point is to have a sort of unusual term for regular food to get into the theming and immersion
My point is, everyone who is into Harry Potter knows about Butterbeer. Because Batuu is new, a name change does not seem like a big deal to me and most people who have never visited yet, won’t even notice.

I get what you’re saying about theming and immersion if that’s something that’s important to you.

I don't mind checking in to see things, but I was curious if you had to buy anything. We will be coming right after dinner and doubt we'll be in the mood for much.
It's not required that all have to buy a drink but you have to understand that the wait staff pay is dependent on tips, booking a reservation that you plan not to use is a crappy move inho.

1. We have a reservation at Ogas but it is very close to a showtime we want to also see. Wondering how early they have been letting people into the Cantina before their reservation time?

2. Is the Cantina open during EMH for walk-ins?

TIA

It's not required that all have to buy a drink but you have to understand that the wait staff pay is dependent on tips, booking a reservation that you plan not to use is a crappy move inho.

I’d be more than happy to give the server $20 for their “time” if it meant I had control of our entry time into GE, if they were using boarding groups. It would be money well spent IMO.

Does your entire group of 12 have a reservation? Perhaps just the ones who are interested in having a drink could go to Oga's.

Does your entire group of 12 have a reservation? Perhaps just the ones who are interested in having a drink could go to Oga's.

Haha, you must have saw my rant post about planning to know I have 12!

As of right now, I have a reservation of 4 and one for 8. I broke them up based on people that REALLY (the 4) want to see GE and others who will decide as we get closer (the 8). They really are just strategic reservations made in anticipation of boarding groups that week. I'm sure I'll have no problem "convincing" the adults that do end up staying on the reservations to get a at least a beer before we leave.

The group of 8 reservation will be modified or even canceled all together once they see what their FP options look like for that day.

This makes me sad- no more Shaak roast, Tip Yip, or Kaadu ribs. Were the names that hard for people to figure out? The descriptions were printed under them. I want to eat on Baatu, not at my local diner! Sorry- rant over.:(

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...-bay-7-food-and-cargo/menus/lunch-and-dinner/

do we know what the phyiscal signage at the locaitons in the land say? Just wondering if this is just for the online version so people can see more clearly what is what, but they keep the "theme" in the physical signs in the land?

Disappointing that they are starting to dumb things down.

We just can't have nice things....the whole reason I was looking forward to GE was because everything was themed. I read somewhere else that only Batuu East was "translated".

I know it might be more costly, but maybe they can have a themed menu and then offer up a "translated menu"?

We just can't have nice things....the whole reason I was looking forward to GE was because everything was themed. I read somewhere else that only Batuu East was "translated".

I know it might be more costly, but maybe they can have a themed menu and then offer up a "translated menu"?
The food descriptions told you what it is so it’s not like they didn’t have the ability to see it’s just chicken or whatever.

The food descriptions told you what it is so it’s not like they didn’t have the ability to see it’s just chicken or whatever.

I saw some reports from people that were asking CMs about ingredients in various dishes and finding they wouldn't break immersion and wouldn't state "Earth terms" and people were getting frustrated by that

But there has to be a middle ground where people who need/want non-themed information can get it without having to change everything

I saw some reports from people that were asking CMs about ingredients in various dishes and finding they wouldn't break immersion and wouldn't state "Earth terms" and people were getting frustrated by that

But there has to be a middle ground where people who need/want non-themed information can get it without having to change everything
Oh I agree, definitely need that middle ground but changing to generic names isn’t the answer I think.

The cm could say something like “Earth people seem to think the Tip-Yip tastes like chicken.” The signs are quite clear though, as long as you actually read the description it’s obvious what you are ordering. If the person is a non-English reading visitor, they should pull the menu up online in their own language or use a translating app/site. That’s what I would do if I were to visit a non-English country. I wouldn’t expect English menus in countries that don’t speak English and it’d be my responsibility to figure out a way to understand the offerings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter