Star Wars Half Marathon Event Sprinting Toward Walt Disney World Resort in 2016

I wouldn't think so. Because you would only be running one half marathon in California, you would probably only be eligible for one Coast-to-Coast medal - EITHER the regular or the Kessel Run. I would imagine that like the chance to get both the pink and blue versions of the Coast-to-Coast medal if you do Princess, Tinker Bell and another half or longer in Florida and another half in California, you could probably get both the Kessel Run and the regular Coast-to-Coast if you were to come back and do another half in California next year - Tinker Bell, Disneyland or Avengers.
It looks like I can get both the regular and star wars C2C for running the three races...per this site

https://disneyvacationhelper.wordpr...-today-star-wars-half-marathon-the-dark-side/

Although I have asked runDisney for confirmation. Waiting on their response.

I hope they will have several special CtC medals. The pink, the star wars and the regular blue. I want all three!!!

Btw, how do you register for the coast-to-coast medal. When doing the rebel challenge registration it didn't ask me if i was completing the coast-to-coast

5 am is early but I think it is much better than a night time race. I don't know why I am going back for Food and Wine.....especially after last year's rain. However, it is food and wine time!.....LOL. I find that I feel somewhat ill after the night races. (2 Food and Wine and the TOT last year). The morning races are so much easier to handle!

Total opposite over here. I'd pick a night race any day! I am sad that it isn't a night race. I mean c'mon, DARK side? But maybe that is why it starts at 5am, to give more dark time in HS. And at least I can use either my W&D or marathon weekend half time for my POT.

Hmmm, I dont recall specifically registering for the CtC. I remember on some registrations answering the question if I was doing it or not. This year I earned the pink CtC and I also ran the Star wars in January. They didn't ask me if i wanted the pink one, they just saw that I was registered for the Princess and the Tink and gave me the pink. Now I have the Star Wars as the first half of the blue CtC. I will earn the actual blue medal with the wine and dine.

I just remember checking at the expo to make sure that I would be receiving the pink medal.

NOOOooooo........I signed up for the Tinkerbell 10k thinking there wasn't a chance for this happening in 2016!! I really want to do this race! Is there any possibility of Disney putting the money I spent toward this if I backed out of Tinkerbell? My husband would run with me in Star Wars, and we are super fans! I guess I should think about if it's worth it just saying goodbye to that money and going for this race instead. (sigh) Perfect time of year for us too.....

Just a thought, but I have only run the races at WDW and I remember seeing the CtC question on those. Maybe they only ask on WDW race registrations? In a way asking for DL races could be overkill since you'd have to register for a WDW race to earn it anyways.

Any idea when Early registration will be??
People are sayin a week before regular reg.

Btw, for the C2C the http://www.rundisney.com/coast-to-coast-race-challenge/ site says
  • You are automatically entered into the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge when you register and complete the required combination of races
  • At the race weekend where you earn your Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal runDisney staff will identify you as an eligible participant during packet pickup.

Btw they changed the rules for 2016 where you are allowed to use races to count multiple times for c2c

http://www.rundisney.com/coast-to-coast-race-challenge/2016/

Here's my question, and I read through the page and still don't get it...

If you get one of the "special" C2C medals, will you automatically also get the regular one?
For example - I know that if you do SW at DL and both Princess and SW at WDW, you will get a blue C2C and a Kessel Run. But what if you just do the two SW runs - do you only get the Kessel Run medal? Or do you also get the blue C2C because you're doing races on both coasts? (My instinct is that you only get Kessel Run & you have to do more than one run on one coast to "double dip" the run from the other coast, but I'm really not sure)

That is an interesting twist. I don't think I need to add another DL half to receive all three medals for 2016. I have the marathon weekend half, rebel challenge, glass slipper challenge, florida star wars and pixie dust challenge on tap for 2016. I was thinking of adding one of the later California races to earn the blue coast to coast. However, with this new twist, I think that I can earn the blue one in January, the star wars in April and the Pink one in May without having to add the 6th race. This is good news.

5 am is early but I think it is much better than a night time race. I don't know why I am going back for Food and Wine.....especially after last year's rain. However, it is food and wine time!.....LOL. I find that I feel somewhat ill after the night races. (2 Food and Wine and the TOT last year). The morning races are so much easier to handle!
I'm doing Wine and Dine for the 1st time this year but the rain last year was definitely not a normal thing,I believe November is one of the driest months of the year.As far as races at night,I prefer them because I'm a night owl and I'm at my peak between 8-10pm which is when I usually go to the gym,so running 13 miles at that time suits me,unlike the getting up at 2am I'll end up having to do for this race.I will however say that I finished the ToT 10 milers more soaked in sweat than even the 2013 full marathon which had highs in the 80's,there's no getting away from that early October humidity,it's not fun.The Star Wars race in mid April is kinda borderline as it is the time of year the high temperatures during the day start getting pretty hot but the humidity is lower,nights are actually pretty pleasant so as far as weather neither start time should be a problem with heat,lower humidity and the last runners should be finishing before it gets too hot,for me it's all about how much sleep will I get for this race,or should I say lack of.

This new policy for Coast to Coast is confusing. According to it I should be eligible for both Blue and Pink if I do Princess, SW at WDW, and Pixie Dust but because of the order is that actually true? Their example gives DL then WDW for one medal then DL for another. If someone does the same coast twice before doing the opposite coast will they get two I wonder.

I really do love Star Wars but I just can't justify paying $200 for a half. Disney races are not 100% better then the races I can do elsewhere for $100 or less. The only race they do that really still holds appeal for me is W&D because I like the after party. I think when I get around to doing another Disney race it will be that one.

I really do love Star Wars but I just can't justify paying $200 for a half. Disney races are not 100% better then the races I can do elsewhere for $100 or less. The only race they do that really still holds appeal for me is W&D because I like the after party. I think when I get around to doing another Disney race it will be that one.

I think it's simple supply/demand. When the races quit selling out in 30 minutes, either pricing or timing will be evaluated. Until that time however, Disney will continue to maximize their revenue streams.

And these races provide a really nice revenue on an otherwise low attendance time period(s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter