Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

Next year’s dates have not been updated on the rD site yet. I’m hoping that they just haven’t got around to updating that yet...

I did email a TA to add me to the list of wanting Star Wars bibs when they become available. Hopefully they will be able to get me one. This was before Princess signup, and they had not been told when they would have access to SW bibs.

Next year’s dates have not been updated on the rD site yet. I’m hoping that they just haven’t got around to updating that yet...

I did email a TA to add me to the list of wanting Star Wars bibs when they become available. Hopefully they will be able to get me one. This was before Princess signup, and they had not been told when they would have access to SW bibs.
Likely not until reservations reopen.

I am hoping I can get in for the 5k or 10k. Don’t care which one. DH decides this would be a fun year to do his first race. I am stressed out enough about getting myself a slot, I don’t think I’ll get both of us in.

I am not a dvc member yet but have a contract going through ROFR. I don’t care about using the points this year but hope I can at least get my DVC member number so I can try to get the early registration.

Are there any resorts that are better than others for the 10k?
Do they pass any resorts or start close to one?

Star Wars 10K starts at MK so the MK resorts would be probably the closest. It really doesn’t matter where you stay though as they all have transportation.

Star Wars 10K starts at MK so the MK resorts would be probably the closest. It really doesn’t matter where you stay though as they all have transportation.
And who knows to help streamline things with the current situation W&D + SW could always go to the Epcot to Epcot course like Marathon & Princess 10K/Half go

With increased demand for virtual races, do we think Disney will manufacture more virtual half marathon medals so that more people have a chance to register for that? I only do the virtual half and I'm really worried it will sell out the first day in August. The past two years I registered much later and still got in.

I booked my resort for this weekend with a TA yesterday with plans to add race registration when it is available to them. Decided to go with a TA to help alleviate stress of registration - like MW. I’ve ran the challenge every year so far, and I don’t want to miss out because of possibly reduced number of bibs available.

We were able to secure three rooms for family of 6 (including adult children) at Gran Destino for the week April 11, 2021; that will have us on property for the runDisney Star Wars event. The pricing is...... well it's Disney. We also made park entry reservations; you may want to jump on that because for for several days we were given 11:00 am park entry times, which is fine for us as it forces us to sleep in!!

Next stop: registration for the runs.

Think I'm gonna give this one a go. Banking on a vaccine to clear things up in time (and reset to close to normal) but I'm optimistic.

Booked a room for Saturday night 4/17 at Coronado. I couldn’t pass up the price. $296 for a standard room and I had a Disney rewards card $175. I’m happy because I have always wanted to stay there! Next mission, snag a half marathon bib!!!

Booked a room for Saturday night 4/17 at Coronado. I couldn’t pass up the price. $296 for a standard room and I had a Disney rewards card $175. I’m happy because I have always wanted to stay there! Next mission, snag a half marathon bib!!!
We’re staying there for the WDW Marathon in Jan. Good luck on the half marathon bib!

Got my bib + pop room through TA today. After the way marathon weekend went didn't want to take chances. Haven't added tickets yet but since we dont know what the reservation system will look like then will likely go on and add non-hopper soon to go on and reserve parks. Can always adjust later.

Just glad to have my bib after the craziness of marathon weeekdn.

Got my bib + pop room through TA today. After the way marathon weekend went didn't want to take chances. Haven't added tickets yet but since we dont know what the reservation system will look like then will likely go on and add non-hopper soon to go on and reserve parks. Can always adjust later.

Just glad to have my bib after the craziness of marathon weeekdn.
If you don’t mine me asking, how does it work through a travel agent? Is it more expensive? I live about 30 minutes from Disney, I never thought about using one before.
Thanks!

I’ve pre-signed up for a bib through a TA, and I’m hoping to hear today that they were able to secure one for me. Their social media posts have made it sound like they were very limited.

ETA: just got a credit card charge! So I think I’m in!!

If you don’t mine me asking, how does it work through a travel agent? Is it more expensive? I live about 30 minutes from Disney, I never thought about using one before.
Thanks!

Not more expensive you just have to get a room with it. So today I had to pay the bib cost $350 plus the deposit on the room $200. So I did have to pay a bit more today but it is money I was going to spend anyway on the room just have to pay it now vs being able to wait. But actual bib cost is the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter