Star Wars Hotel Pricing

So is it exclusive access for Stacruiser to Galaxy's Edge, meaning it is closed to everyone else for the duration of the "excursion" leave?

Also, are the normal rules against costumes inapplicable here? I have several Rebel Legion and 501st approved costumes that I would otherwise never be able to wear at the parks unless part of an official event.

It’s like the Grand Floridian Vs. POP Century. Everyone who visits Hollywood Studios and wants their immersive Star Wars experience gets to visit galaxy’s edge, but those who can afford it can take their immersion to a new level for the price of the star cruiser.

I knew this be expensive but gosh.
prior to pandemic we flew out from UK twice maybe 3 times a year. this make my 3wk holiday about 20 grand to include 2nights. Plus I have a 5yr old who can’t do light sabre training.
id maybe consider it once he was 7 but it just seems like an insane amount of money on top of a already very expensive trip before you add that in.
it’s basically a once in a life time experience

For a little more than $6k I can fly my wife and son to Japan, visit Tokyo Disney Sea and attend the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka for the whole weekend. The price on this is just crazy if you take your Disney goggles off.

That sounds like an awesome trip idea! But to quote Barton Fink, "Both, maybe?"

So is it exclusive access for Stacruiser to Galaxy's Edge, meaning it is closed to everyone else for the duration of the "excursion" leave?

Also, are the normal rules against costumes inapplicable here? I have several Rebel Legion and 501st approved costumes that I would otherwise never be able to wear at the parks unless part of an official event.
Read my guess here. Also, there’s mention on the Starcruiser website of wearing clothing from parts of the galaxy other than your home planet, so I think your costumes would be quite appropriate!

Everyone vacations different, and I am sure there is a clientele that is 100% bought in and will be there day one. For the price, it’s not for us. And we are massive Star Wars fans who have paid through the nose for many Disney related experiences. This won’t be it. Not when I can travel to Paris, Japan, Shanghai or Hong Kong for the same price, visit their Disney theme parks and explore more of the country.

Expected higher. But at that price would expect it to be inclusive of everything . It’s obscene but people will pay it. Plus it’s never going down in price. Way to many Star Wars fans out there for it to ever drop. Disney never drops prices so don’t count on that. Figure this if it averages 3 people per room for 100 rooms over a year that’s only 54000 people per year. Disney does about 20 million per year. Worldwide there are huge numbers of fans so if you think 54k a year will dent demand think again.

Disney does not officially admit mistakes by lowering prices. What I'd guess they'll do if it's overpriced in 2023 is create a new experience, possibly making it a one-night, 19 or 20-hour adventure.

When Disney After Hours first started, it was $149 per person with no discounts, and Disney fairly quickly slashed that to $119 per person, and also added DVC and AP discounts to make it even cheaper. While the official room rate may not be reduced, it’s quite possible that discounts will eventually come along. I calculated total room revenue with full occupancy at about $90 million per year, which Disney will want to keep going as long as they can!

SW fan here who definitely can’t afford to stay regularly at deluxe or book VIP tours. Yes, this price is really high, but if it lives up to what I think it will be, I hope to be paying for it at some point. It’s about having the chance to play a role in your favorite fantasy world. If this is done as well as Disney should be doing, it’s memorable life experience. So, I’m hoping to get a reservation!

Last edited:
Star Wars fan making a great salary here in the northeast USA. NO way I'm paying this price for my wife and I. I'd much rather stay a week at Poly or save a ton of money at Wilderness Lodge.

I give it 5-or-so years for the hype to die down, and then we will see how sustainable it is from a business perspective.

I think it will sell out for the first few weeks but fall off soon after. I don't see that many people spending $5k for 2 nights, even if it is all inclusive.
Do you have any idea how many millions of people pack Comic Con in full SW gear every (non-covid) year? It's a lot.

Look at the webpage, Starcruiser guests are encouraged to wear costumes. Guests will 'land' on Batuu and be taken through a dedicated entrance with cast members as part of the story. The two rides are also part of the story.

It’s steep. But I don’t think it’s fair to compare solely on what else you can do with that money. Variety is the spice of life.

Considering the sample itinerary shows you in Galaxy's Edge from 8:00 to about 1:00, that'd be a huge "no."

But the ROTR time listed on that itinerary are before park opening, so you get that to yourself at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter