Star Wars Lands to open in 2019

I just saw Star Wars Land is opening in 2019. Does anyone know the month or time of year? It will definetely determine when I plan my trip.

If you only want to go if it's open, you should plan for December or better summer 2020...Orlando is rumored to be 3-6 months behind CA on this project, and CA is rumored to opening in the summer of 2019...

This far out I wouldn't plan on any month in 2019 especially it being 2+ years away from now. So many things can cause delays/interruptions that I would wait it out until we're at least in end-2018.

I'm just guessing…May the fourth, 2019 :D

I would guess that is when they will have a huge press event at DL for the opening. After that they will likely have various CM/VIP soft openings the next 3 weeks and fully open Memorial Day week.

I would guess that SWL at HS is targeted to open on Thanksgiving week of 2019.

I just saw Star Wars Land is opening in 2019. Does anyone know the month or time of year? It will definetely determine when I plan my trip.

Nothing yet. Rumor is late 2019.

If you only want to go if it's open, you should plan for December or better summer 2020...Orlando is rumored to be 3-6 months behind CA on this project, and CA is rumored to opening in the summer of 2019...

CA is said to be in the first half of 2019 while DHS will be in the second half.

I may wait go book until it's actually opened.

This is the best answer.

This is exciting! We were at Disneyland last month, and you can tell that the scope is BIG. I'm very much looking forward to this opening... :)

Disneyland was built in about a year. I think even Animal Kingdom was about 4 years.

To say that "Disneyland was built in a year," is only partially true, and disingenuous in the face of the facts. They have a big wall-sized model at Disneyland of what was open on day one - and y'all would be thoroughly disappointed, raking Disney over the coals, if they debuted with something like that today. It was *literally* a fourth or less of what is there today. Large swaths of the place were filled with trees - or pastures; horses grazing, etc. The scope of what they're building in four years is much larger than what they originally built - not to mention all of the political and labor hoops they have to jump through today that didn't exist in the '50s.

To say that "Disneyland was built in a year," is only partially true, and disingenuous in the face of the facts. They have a big wall-sized model at Disneyland of what was open on day one - and y'all would be thoroughly disappointed, raking Disney over the coals, if they debuted with something like that today. It was *literally* a fourth or less of what is there today. Large swaths of the place were filled with trees - or pastures; horses grazing, etc. The scope of what they're building in four years is much larger than what they originally built - not to mention all of the political and labor hoops they have to jump through today that didn't exist in the '50s.
Understandable but you can't say they couldn't get this done quicker if they wanted. Potter is a heavily themed area and didn't take that long. Animal Kingdom itself was heavily themed at its opening yet only took 3 years for that entire park. I am very optimistic that this will be the best land Disney has ever done but it is taking a while.

This is total armchair analysis, but I found it interesting that Disney announced the SW opening year and then a few minutes later discussed the parks would be subject to more cost-effective measures (read: cuts). It feels like Disney just bought themselves the "well, you wanted us to get Star Wars done quickly, so here's how we pay for it" excuse for the next round of changes/cuts.

Are you indicating that they aren't dogging it these days?

CUse I hate to break it to break it to you: they're dogging it.

This is total armchair analysis, but I found it interesting that Disney announced the SW opening year and then a few minutes later discussed the parks would be subject to more cost-effective measures (read: cuts). It feels like Disney just bought themselves the "well, you wanted us to get Star Wars done quickly, so here's how we pay for it" excuse for the next round of changes/cuts.

it's possible - and certainly helps them have that excuse in their back pocket should people not be happy /overwhelmed with it

It still seems like if there is one area they are willing to put the money in it is Star Wars Land (and probably one reason the two coasts are getting the same land/attractions - to help spread the cost) ... so I don't think they will cut corners on it - or at least not to the extent of other areas (i.e., I could see more cuts to Toy Story Land)

Of course the other way to do "cost effective measure" is to increase revenue - so either jack-up ticket prices OR creating hard ticketed events if you want to guarantee access

First time poster on the DISBoards, but longtime member of WDWMagic. I must say DISBoards seems really cool!

Also I suppose Extra Magic Hours will move from HWS to AK, and then when Star Wars Land opens it will be at both parks. Not to mention HWS now has extended hours because of The Star Wars Fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter