Star Wars Weekend and Movie Question

Bangerang

Pigs fly every day at our house.
Do any of the local theaters (DTD) show the original movies during the Star Wars Weekends? I'd love for my DSs to see them on the big screen and I can't think of a better opportunity.

Do any of the local theaters (DTD) show the original movies during the Star Wars Weekends? I'd love for my DSs to see them on the big screen and I can't think of a better opportunity.

Not normally.

The DTD theater is a conventional AMC multiplex and is not operated or affiliated with Disney.

Listings for that theater HERE.

DTD-WestSide-052009b.jpg

What a shame. It seems like a lost opportunity to me considering the number of fans in the area.

They are being re-released in 3D.

What a shame. It seems like a lost opportunity to me considering the number of fans in the area.

May be that's the reason they don't. ;)

But any deal would be between AMC and who ever distributes the Star Wars movies. Disney may also have some sort of say in the matter either good or bad. Such as having some sort of restriction that doesn't allow them to tie into anything the WDW does.

Yep.. They are being released in 3D format starting with Episode 1 on Feb 10th. Saw the promo when I saw Beauty and the Beast 3D this past sat!

I knew about the 3D releases but they are starting with Episode 1. I want to show them Episode 4 on the big screen first and in non-3D. I really dislike 3D movies.

Get a bigger TV and a blue ray player. Really during SWWs the fans have enough to do in DHS all day that no one would be leaving to go see the movies they have already seen 50 times.

The fan experience in DHS takes almost the whole weekend if you want to do everything. Not sure this would be very profitable for any theater that wanted to do this.

They are being re-released in 3D.

Yes! The first one is scehduled for Feb. 10. If the AMC in DTD is releasing them, perhaps you could catch one of them whenever you are there.

Or you could rent/buy the whole saga and have him watch it before your trip. Or take him to see the re-releases at your local theatre (if they are doing it).

Get a bigger TV and a blue ray player.

Funny you should mention this. My youngest DS suggested the same thing this morning. I'm not sure we'll go out and buy all new equipment, but I'm not opposed to making friends with someone with their own home theater setup. :thumbsup2 There's just something about watching it in a dark theater on a big screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter