• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Weekend Tips 2012

I'll be there the first Sinday and second Saturday. Just look for the woman rolling her eyes at her husband as he goes on and on about his carbonate figure!

LOL - DS is wanting one of these too - I know we need to call to book it, but, OMG it's kinda pricey - still debating if I'm gonna let him do it - as I know he'll ALSO want to buy everything else he see's!!!!

We'll be there on Friday the 25th and June 1st or 2nd. If we feel like we need more time, then we can go more days during the weekend of the 25th.

This is supposed to be a 'taking it easy' trip so we'll see. ;)

Called to book the carbon freeze me and was told CM's only and that the general public can't start booking until May 14. :eek:

Thankfully I asked her to double check becuase I was told yesterday and again this morning that we could book starting today at 3:00 pm. She put me on hold for a second and then came back on the line, apologized and we are booked!!!

To carbon freeze me's. Yeah I know crazy, but I can I do?

Now you can find me that first Sunday outside the carbon freeze site at 9am! Hubby will be quite surprised. I just hope it doesn't interfere with anything else we have going on that morning that we can't control, like JTA sign ups, Toy Story fast passes, etc. she said it would only take 5 minutes or so for the appointment though. At least hubby's birthday and father's day present is done.

Anyone know if you have to pre pay for the carbonate figure when you book the appointment?

$25 guarantee with a major credit card, pay on site (similar to an ADR). Cancel more than 3 days in advance to avoid charge.

3 years and up, under 18 requires a parent present.

Anyone wanting to stand out in the crowd should wear a Star Trek shirt, and see what happens :rolleyes1

My hubby bought a shirt at Target the other day, it's black and had Darth Vader on it and it says "Who's your Daddy?" He plans to wear that on our DHS day the last Saturday of SWW.

Thanks to everyone for all of the tips!

I've been a few times before, but by accident. This time, we re-scheduled our anniversary trip just so we can bring our Star Wars obsessed 4-year-old twins. My poor daughter is just along for the ride! We booked our stay at Boardwalk just to be closer to DHS.

We will be there Fri/Sat of the second weekend. Hopefully we'll be able to do everything that they want to do!

Maybe someone can make some Lime Green Yodaheads so that we can find each other!:scratchin

So realistically what can we expect to get done during the June SWW? We are not getting any celebrity autographs. But both DDs want to do Jedi training, plus they want to see as many characters as possible, and of course ride TOT multiple times…..so how many characters do you think we can get autographs from in one day plus riding some rides??:woohoo:

We'll be there the entire first weekend too!!! Can hardly wait!!!! :thumbsup2

Ohh, also, our DS has decided he's GOT TO SEE Ray Park - sooooooooooooooooo, I guess we need to get in the FP line - ugghh - can anyone give a rough estimate on how early we should be there??? Thanks!!

Be there by 6 if you're meeting on Fri. or Sat. If on Sunday, arrive around 6.

We are going on Saturday the 19th. I am so nervous and overwhelmed! We have never been to Disney before and I just don't want DS to miss any of the Star Wars fun.

Is there a schedule of the parade time and such?

Is there a schedule or location list for meet & greets with characters? We aren't too interested in celebrity autographs, just want to meet the characters.

My son is wearing his Obi Wan Kenobi costume and he is so excited!

So realistically what can we expect to get done during the June SWW? We are not getting any celebrity autographs. But both DDs want to do Jedi training, plus they want to see as many characters as possible, and of course ride TOT multiple times…..so how many characters do you think we can get autographs from in one day plus riding some rides??:woohoo:

The longer lines (Fab 4, Darth Vader, Chewbacca) will be around 45min to an hour. The rest should take around 20min. JTA takes about 45min. (they ask you to be there about 15min before the show, then you get set up and then they do the show)
ToT depends on time of day and if you have Fp's

We are going on Saturday the 19th. I am so nervous and overwhelmed! We have never been to Disney before and I just don't want DS to miss any of the Star Wars fun.

Is there a schedule of the parade time and such?

Is there a schedule or location list for meet & greets with characters? We aren't too interested in celebrity autographs, just want to meet the characters.

My son is wearing his Obi Wan Kenobi costume and he is so excited!

this is the schedule from last year:
Padawan Mind Challenge (Hat Stage) 2:10pm and 6:30pm
Behind the Force (Premiere Theater) 11am and 1:45pm
Stars of the Saga (Premiere Theater) 3:15pm
Visit to the Maul (Premiere Theater) 4:45pm
Obi Wan and Beyond (Premiere Theater) 6pm
SW Parade : 12:40pm
Hyperspace Hoopla (Hat Stage):8pm
...as of now only Hoopla has been announced that it will, once again, be at 8pm .I'm pretty sure the rest of the schedule should stay the same.
There are no set hours for characters. They usually start meeting around 9:30am, stop during parade and then stop all together around 7pm to get ready for Hoopla.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter