• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Weekend Tips 2012

There are no set hours for characters. They usually start meeting around 9:30am, stop during parade and then stop all together around 7pm to get ready for Hoopla.

So if we don't want celebrity autographs, just characters, what time do lines form for those?
Hypothetically, if they open the gates at 8 (and we plan to be there before 8 and have a breakfast picnic on line), we could knock out JTA sign ups and a ride on TSM before getting in line for autographs. Right?

:darth::ewok::chewy::yoda::darth::ewok::chewy:

So if we don't want celebrity autographs, just characters, what time do lines form for those?
Hypothetically, if they open the gates at 8 (and we plan to be there before 8 and have a breakfast picnic on line), we could knock out JTA sign ups and a ride on TSM before getting in line for autographs. Right?

:darth::ewok::chewy::yoda::darth::ewok::chewy:

Lines form as soon as the gates are open. You could knock out those things before getting into line but you'll be getting into a line afterwards, not starting one.

I started this list after I asked my question. Anybody else want to be added to the list, or has some changes? I only listed what info I saw. I myself don't know yet if I want to sacrifice other park days to SWW, so mine is still flexible.

1st Wknd May 18-20

CentralFloridian99 5/20
disneydreamgirl 5/18, 5/20
d-r 5/20
jthornton94 5/20
maybs607 5/18
momtotwins 5/20
momto2sweeties 5/19
MSUmom
yulilin3 5/19, 5/20
wallawallakids 5/18
wendypooh

2nd Wknd May 25-27
delmar411 5/25
d-r 5/25, 5/26, 5/27
goofyredraider 5/27
jthornton94 5/26
justwinnie 5/25, 5/26
Karpkg 5/25
yulilin3 5/26, 5/27

3rd Wknd June 1-3
cerberus 6/2
delmar411 6/1, 6/2
d-r 6/1, 6/2, 6/3
goofyredraider 6/2, 6/3
ireland nicole
Karpkg 6/1
megan511 6/1, 6/2, 6/3
mesaboy 6/3
RedM94 6/1, 6/2, 6/3
vleeth 6/2
yulilin3 6/2, 6/3

4th Wknd June 8-10
cerberus 6/8, 6/10
d-r 6/8, 6/9, 6/10
ireland nicole 6/8
Music City Mama 6/8
wdwnut61 6/8
yulilin3 6/9, 6/10

The longer lines (Fab 4, Darth Vader, Chewbacca) will be around 45min to an hour. The rest should take around 20min. JTA takes about 45min. (they ask you to be there about 15min before the show, then you get set up and then they do the show)
ToT depends on time of day and if you have Fp's

Thanks Yulilin, that is helpful!! I think we should be good especially since we have 3 days set aside for DHS :dance3:

I am getting really excited for our first SWW! I think it is going to be a blast. I just got our t-shirts at www.superherostuff.com They have some funny shirts on there. I got the woman's shirt, I would rather Kiss a Wookie. :goodvibes Love me some Chewy! :chewy:

We will be at weekend three for sure an probably weekend 4 on Friday at least

1st Wknd May 18-20

CentralFloridian99 5/20
disneydreamgirl 5/18, 5/20
d-r 5/20
jthornton94 5/20
maybs607 5/18
momtotwins 5/20
momto2sweeties 5/19
MSUmom
yulilin3 5/19, 5/20
wallawallakids 5/18
wendypooh

Ok then, I'll be seeing disneydreamgirl, d-r, jthornton94, momtotwins, and yullin3 then :thumbsup2

Hey SWW people!

I went to SWW last year, but only because it worked out that I was there with a youth theater group I work with. This year, my wife and I and a couple of the young people we work with will be driving from NYC to Orlando for one day's worth of SWW! We will be there Friday, June 8. It is going to be an exhausting trip, but oh so worth it!

Can any of you tell me what each of these shows are about and is there one not to miss?

Behind the Force
Stars of the Saga
Visit to the Maul
Obi Wan and Beyond

Thanks so much for all of the amazing information!

Hey SWW people!

I went to SWW last year, but only because it worked out that I was there with a youth theater group I work with. This year, my wife and I and a couple of the young people we work with will be driving from NYC to Orlando for one day's worth of SWW! We will be there Friday, June 8. It is going to be an exhausting trip, but oh so worth it!

Can any of you tell me what each of these shows are about and is there one not to miss?

Behind the Force
Stars of the Saga
Visit to the Maul
Obi Wan and Beyond

Thanks so much for all of the amazing information!
Stars of the Saga: Q & A show hosted by James Armold Taylor, the visiting celebs will be introduced and talk about their experience with the SW Universe, there are usually videos and pictures involved. (movie making, costumes, sets,etc)

Behind the Force: All about the Clone Wars cartoon hosted by Ashley Eckstein. The visiting Clone Wars celeb and Ashley show how they do voice-over, they usually pick people from the crowd to do voice over at the end they show a sneak peek at next season's show.

Visit To The Maul: Hosted by Ray Park, he shows how he uses martial arts to create the character of Darth Maul, kids are picked randomly earlier in the day to take a lesson with Ray on martial arts.

Obi Wan and Beyond: Hosted by James Arnold Taylor, he shows all the different voices he does for different shows, cartoons and commercials.

I enjoy all the shows. Stars of the Saga has a pre-show with stormtroopers that is hilarious!! not to be missed. And I love Obi Wan and Beyond, JAT, is so talented and his show is funny and inspirational.
You can find video of all these shows on youtube

How early do the Stormtrooper start in the morning?

They start 15 min. before park opening and stay on the roof for about an hour...If you want to catch their show from the beginning get there early since there's a possiblitity that the park will open before the official time.

Looks like no one saw my post about rain so asking again....
I'm wondering how much rain hinders the schedule.
Do they cancel the parade altogether if it rains?
As for character greetings, do they move them indoors? Or under a tent? I'm especially wondering about the Disney Star Wars characters (Jedi Mickey, etc).

Thanks for your help!!

Looks like no one saw my post about rain so asking again....
I'm wondering how much rain hinders the schedule.
Do they cancel the parade altogether if it rains?
As for character greetings, do they move them indoors? Or under a tent? I'm especially wondering about the Disney Star Wars characters (Jedi Mickey, etc).

Thanks for your help!!

It hasn't rained yet in the 3 years we have attended :wizard: But I thought I saw a post about this a few pages back

Hi everyone; I got some info from CM's mouths (so you know to treat it as rumors at this point) but it'll likely be all true.
1st the Build A Droid station is permanent inside Tattoine Traiders, it'll occupy the middle station (where the little stuffed ewoks are now) and it'll cost $12.95.
2nd. Disney Channel Rocks will still be performed at the Sorcerer Hat during SWW. Last show is at 5:30pm
3rd. Talked to a JTA CM (the one that signs kids up) and asked her about what the process will be during SWW. After calling a coordinator she told me that most likely the sign ups will be at Indiana Jones Fp machines, because the inside of Sounds Dangerous will be in use for the Carbon Freeze Me thing and the post show area will be used as rain locations for celeb autographs and storage for SWW.
Walked over to RnRC and the tent is up, just catched a glimpse from the top and it has a big picture of Darth Maul's face (awesome)
As to questions posted from yesterday:
About Carbon Freeze Me it says on the HUB that they will take a credit card number on hold and there's a $25 cancellation fee 2 days prior to your reservation.
Rain Locations for characters is usually inside the Merchandise Tent, but it won't fit all of them. I've never seen the Fab 4 inside the tent, usually it's Amidala, The Jedi Council, Darth Maul.
Darth Vader won't need a rain location since his meet and greet is under cover.
Hoopla and parade do get cancelled due to rain. Sometimes they put in on hold if they see that the rain will pass fast.

Autographs are supposed to be one per person...some CM that are with the celebs will enforce it, some will look the other way if the celeb is willing to sign more than one item.
CM schedules for the first Friday and Saturday are out; they are prepared to have the main rides up and running earlier than 8am. Merchandise locations for SWW will be open and ready by 7am the first day of the first weekend. So plan accordingly.
Still the decision to open earlier than 8am will come on that day and will depend on the amount of people outside the turnstiles.
and lastly, Mesaboy 2 is right: Vader is bitter and also quite whiny...MTFBWY

See above for the answer to your rain question

See above for the answer to your rain question

Thanks Cinderumbrella....I keep thinking of gathering all the info and posting an update...I can see many people joining the thread and not being able to read all the pages (I totally understand that)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter