Starbucks Rewards Totals--What's in Your Wallet (or Phone)?

I don't understand the point of earning them and not using them. That's just odd IMO. It's like throwing away $.

I don't understand the point of earning them and not using them. That's just odd IMO. It's like throwing away $.
I would agree if they weren't ever used. However, Starbucks has a very generous system, and the points expire on a graduated scale. In other words, reward points expire several months after being earned not, say, at the end of a calendar year. We always make sure to use points before they expire. For example, we have 240 points that will expire on 1 Jan. . .except we'll use them by then. And so it goes for the points expiring in February, March, April, et. al. First in, first out. ;)

I use them as soon as I get enough to claim a reward. I'm new to the app (just started using it a few months ago) and I'm only a huge Starbucks fan during the holidays (can't get enough of the Holiday Flat White with almond milk!) but I love when I rack up 125 and can get a free drink. But I literally use those points the very next visit most of the time.

The app is excellent. Tracks everything for you. Shows you nearest locations. Easy to navigate (mostly).

The app is excellent. Tracks everything for you. Shows you nearest locations. Easy to navigate (mostly).

I love that I can make my drink as complicated as I want and not worry about getting it 100% right to the barista. Or that they might not hear my order correctly. I have watched them make my drink as a walk up/drive up customer with cow's milk and I'm a vegan. Ugh. But with the mobile app and mobile ordering, they haven't made that mistake yet!

I love that I can make my drink as complicated as I want and not worry about getting it 100% right to the barista. Or that they might not hear my order correctly. I have watched them make my drink as a walk up/drive up customer with cow's milk and I'm a vegan. Ugh. But with the mobile app and mobile ordering, they haven't made that mistake yet!
I hadn't thought of that advantage, but you're correct. We generally get the same 2-3 drinks, and since you can save those as your favorites, it's a streamlined process to place an order--rarely is there an issue. Moreover, we usually go in to grab our order and sit a few minutes, and it's great to pop in, grab our drinks/food, and skip the long lines.

I hadn't thought of that advantage, but you're correct. We generally get the same 2-3 drinks, and since you can save those as your favorites, it's a streamlined process to place an order--rarely is there an issue. Moreover, we usually go in to grab our order and sit a few minutes, and it's great to pop in, grab our drinks/food, and skip the long lines.

I just had my first "kidnapped" order. Placed one for DH and I and someone took it before we got there. But the barista remade our order as soon as he realized. I wonder how often that happens?

I just had my first "kidnapped" order. Placed one for DH and I and someone took it before we got there. But the barista remade our order as soon as he realized. I wonder how often that happens?
Yikes! I wonder, too. We've not had that happen to us yet, fortunately.

We do enjoy our Starbucks. As a result, we tend to gather a lot of Rewards points. Just curious how many points and free drinks/snacks others have. I'm sure we're not anywhere near the top; however, here are our totals:

Rewards points: 1659
Total free drinks/snacks available: 13

Bueller?

I have 752 stars and 6 free drink/food rewards.

We did a road trip to WDW last week. I bought 8 YAH mugs and 5 of the ceramic tumblers on the trip, so I spent a lot of money at Starbucks. Now I'm indulging in a lot of free drinks.

I think I have 11 free drinks right now....one expires this week. I tend to like to save them to either use on food items (like when I don't have time to make a lunch, I'll grab a salad to take with me to my office) or to have them make me some crazy fun, over the top drink when I have time to really think about it and indulge. Usually I'm a brewed coffee in the morning person...but I actually sit and check my email in the store because I have a 45 minute lag from when I drop my kids at school to when I need to be at my first site visit every day---so sometimes I take advantage of the free refills too.

I actually have a question now that I'm reading this thread. I never knew I could get a food item as my reward, I thought it was just drinks. Can I get ANY food item?

I actually have a question now that I'm reading this thread. I never knew I could get a food item as my reward, I thought it was just drinks. Can I get ANY food item?
I believe you can but I’m not sure about the protein boxes and salads

Yes, any food or drink item. My wife has used the free reward on salads in the past. Further, if you buy, say, a drink and a food item (I'm partial to the Morning Bun with my latte) but only want use one free reward, the most expensive item will be what is comped. Cool, huh? As for the mugs and sudden influx of reward points, that's often what happens with us. We'll be, ahem, percolating along and get an offer that gives us an extra 100 points or so, plus our normal purchases. All of a sudden, we've a ton of points. We just used one yesterday, so all we have to do is use one more free one before 1 Jan. I think we have to use two free rewards a month between now and next June. Of course, in the mean time, we'll be earning more points in various ways.
I think I have 11 free drinks right now....one expires this week. I tend to like to save them to either use on food items (like when I don't have time to make a lunch, I'll grab a salad to take with me to my office) or to have them make me some crazy fun, over the top drink when I have time to really think about it and indulge. Usually I'm a brewed coffee in the morning person...but I actually sit and check my email in the store because I have a 45 minute lag from when I drop my kids at school to when I need to be at my first site visit every day---so sometimes I take advantage of the free refills too.
Though we use the mobile ordering app a lot, we usually go in to pick up the drinks and food, then sit down and enjoy them in store. . .unless we're driving to Disney! We always drive (live in southwest VA), so we know nearly every single Starbucks along the route. In fact, we tend to plan our stops around them including the times we spend the night. Brunswick, GA, is our preferred location to stop overnight as it has a nice La Quinta a block from Starbucks. And if you're hungry, there's an IHop and Cracker Barrel there, as well. As for stopping to check email in the morning, unfortunately, our closest Starbucks is 25 minutes away. Sigh.

I use them as soon as I get them. So right now 1 free drink & 53 stars.

I don't do their food, well maybe & oatmeal now & then. If I want a pastry or sandwich I do Dunks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter