Stardard vs Preferred

5champs

Mouseketeer
So excited!! We just booked our vacation for this August. :banana: We are stayng at the BWV - the first 4 days we are staying in a studio and the next 3 days we are staying in a 2 bedroom standard view room. Has anyone had a room in the "standard view" section? Is there really a difference between that and preferred? We are going Labor Day week. Has anyone gone that time? Are the crowds heavy? :grouphug:

We usually stay in a standard room (points saved = more days at WDW:thumbsup2 ). Standard view is towards the front of the resort, either overlooking the driveway up to the entrance, or overlooking the parking areas. However...........both views are buffered either by trees and lovely greenways, or by trees, greenways, plus small canal-like structures. We have no problem with that.
Last month, during our stay, every morning we'd see two large herons (Mr. & Mrs.?) on the lawn between the building and the front driveway, along with ducks and other birds. True, not exactly "savannah-view", but we were delighted!

I would say the only real difference is if you request and get "boardwalk view"
Asking for preferred view can get you overlooking the pool or other grassy areas versus the parking lot/drive-up.

If you request and can get a "boardwalk view" that's the only way I'd suggest preferred view. Its worth doing at least once. You can often times see the fireworks from Epcot and the lights and hustle/bustle of the boardwalk is fun to watch from the balcony.

Otherwise, I agree - thrifty pays - standard view means more days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter