Starter Charm Bracelets

If U Had Wings

DIS Veteran
I recently finished my first half marathon and was thinking of starting a charm braclet to commemorate the event. I'm torn between purchasing a Pandora or a Chamilia starter bracelet. I'm a bit more drawn to the Chamilia beads, but I don't mind mixing them up on the same bracelet as it's my understanding that they are interchangeable.

I was wondering what other's thoughts were on the quality of both types before I make a choice. If you've had both which do you prefer? I've read a few reports online about gold on the Chamilia beads coming off. While that doesn't really effect the base bracelet, it does make me question the quality overall of the brand. I want tob e sure I'm putting my money into a quality item.

I have friends who have been happy with their Pandoras, but Chamilia is new to me and looking to hear some opinions! :)

I have Pandora, and I'm happy with it. I have a mix of Pandora charms, Chamila charms and some no-name ones that my kids bought me at a flea market. I've not had any problem with charms not fitting on it, so I think the bracelets are completely interchangeable.

Keep in mind that there is also a non-metal bracelet that you can get, my DDs friend has it. I'm not sure but I think it is leather, so you might also like that option.

I think a good idea right now for you would be to look at the ads for your local stores to see if there is some sort of promotion going on. I've seen things in the past where a jeweler offers spend $100 on charms get the bracelet free (or a necklace, another option you might not have considered) . To me, that would make the decision easy. And I think this time of year would be a time that they might do that.

I have a Chamilia bracelet and my friend has a Pandora. The main difference is the "locks" or "stoppers" for each brand. The Pandora bracelets have little knobs on them that the lock clips onto. These are fixed into place and can't be moved. The Chamilia bracelet has locks that can be placed anywhere on the bracelet. Other than that, they are interchangeable.

I had a Pandora and then bought a Chamilia. Yes, the charms & beads from both brands fit the other's bracelet, along w/ some other brands.

The clasp on the Chamilia is, IMO, much easier to open and close. I wish all bracelets had the same kind of clasp. Other than that (and the lock placement mentioned prior), there really is no big difference in the actual bracelet.

I have a Pandora bracelet, a Disney Chamilia bracelet, and multiple Trollbead bracelets. My favorite of all 3 are the Trollbead bracelets. I think their beads have a better overall look/feel/quality to them, and I prefer their bracelet design where the bracelet and clasp are separate and interchangeable. If I had to pick between Pandora and Chamila, I would pick Chamila. I much prefer their bracelet - it is easier to open, and doesn't have the separators on the bracelet. You can also buy the Disney beads from Chamilia.

Pandora, Chamilia and Trollbeads are all pretty cool and do plan on getting bracelets and/or beads from them at some point...

My for my DD's birthday last year, I wanted to get her something special that she would keep for years to come and decided on a charm bracelet, in searching I decided on the collection from Brighton Collectables.

The had a special at the time that if you bought 3 charms you got a 2009 charm free...i love their products (quality silver and leather goods) so I went for it. It was my DD's 10th birthday and it had been a year of 1s's for her (concert, international travel, etc.) so having a 2009 charm made it a great bonus. They have several bracelet styles to choose from....

It was a hit and she has since added more charms and gotten other items from Brighton. Two of my sisters have now started bracelets and I did as well (they had a buy 3 charms get a bracelet free).

They may be worth a check....

My DD just got a Charmed Memories from Kay's Jeweler. She found that was easier to open than the Pandora one. I think it is Italian Sterling Silver.

Thanks to everyone for their input! I had bought a Pandora bracelet for my niece's birthday since that's what she had asked for. She loved it!

For myself I waited until I could check out the Chamilia's. They definitely were easier to open. I was still torn on which to get for myself, until the lady at the Chamilia store showed me the flexible bangle. I really like having a "firmer" bracelet and having something that won't move too much on my wrist. I had to buy one bead too to start off my bracelet. I got the green murano Mickey bead to commemorate the marathon. I love it! I'm already plotting out which bead I want next.

Congrats on your first half!!! I, too, have been thinking about starting a charm bracelet for commemorating races (and other stuff, too)...have you found a 13.1 charm?

Congrats on your first half!!! I, too, have been thinking about starting a charm bracelet for commemorating races (and other stuff, too)...have you found a 13.1 charm?

Thanks! I can't seem to find one. I had really wanted the Disney "Dreams Come True" bead, because I found it fitting but they were out at my jewelers. I bought the lime green murano Mickey bead since I had liked it, and it's being retired. I was going to have that one commemerate the race, but now I'm thinking that I may just use it to mark my recent birthday. :)

I'm really looking forward to putting my bracelet together. I saw on a website that the bangle bracelet should accept all of the major bead types - Chamilia, Pandora and Trollbeads. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter