• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starting over at 47

FiggieFan: Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you can still afford the trip. Maybe you could just shorten it a couple days, as it looks like you are going for a couple weeks. Maybe that will help save some money.

Thanks! I am keeping our original dates for now but figured I could shave off from the front or back later if I need too. I figure it is better to keep them while available instead of trying to add later and run the risk of them not being available, especially since arrival day is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We know a lot people that do a few short trips a year, but since we took Amtrak, we did one longer trip a year at almost 2 weeks. I did cancel our Amtrak tickets for this trip because it was his thing and that saved me a boatload of money. Can't imagine taking the train without him so I will probably drive. We usually do February but 2015 is Mardi Gras so we wanted to skip that crowd since it was crazy busy last time. Pixie dust to everyone! pixiedust:

I agree with you completely. I wouldn't shorten the trip right now either, I would wait until I knew for sure I couldn't afford it.

You'd rather drive by yourself than take the train by yourself? That's interesting. Is it a long ride?

I've skimmed through this thread (haven't read every word, but got the gist of most of it), and I'm officially inviting any of you that are in the area (including you, Mr Introvert Buckeye ;) ) to the EEC meetup. Not a "singles" event (although apparently a few of us *ARE* single), so no pressure, but it seems like this would be a good big group meetup to make new friends and Disney buddies. :)

PAR-TAY!!!! :cool1:

I agree with you completely. I wouldn't shorten the trip right now either, I would wait until I knew for sure I couldn't afford it.

You'd rather drive by yourself than take the train by yourself? That's interesting. Is it a long ride?

The train is crazy expensive and getting more expensive every year, especially if you get a room. If you don't have a room for such a long trip, the bathrooms can get really nasty. It would be a pretty long but straight drive, but I have done long drives before. I am debating getting a smaller room but am afraid since the train was one of his favorite parts of the trip, it might be overwhelming for me and easier to avoid. I am trying to plan a bunch of new experiences and things I have never done to make my first trip back enjoyable and healing. We were debating on our last trip trying to drive next because on departure day, you have to sit around and wait for the train - the earliest train leaves at 1:30pm if it is on time. We were very early risers and would have been on the road for hours by then. Still going back and forth with the idea.

I would drive. I just like having the freedom to do as I please. I would also like the extra money.

Before we had kids my wife and I, and a couple we are friends with, jumped in our car the day after Christmas one year. It was so cold up here in MA. So we thought, "Why not go to Disney and the warmth of FL" We were going to go for 3 days, with the drive it would be 5. Well, we drove straight through. Once we got to Disney we saw on the weather a storm was coming up the east coast so we only got to stay ONE day before driving back to try and beat the storm.

The drive was long and tiresome but we all still look back on it as the most fun part of the trip.

I've skimmed through this thread (haven't read every word, but got the gist of most of it), and I'm officially inviting any of you that are in the area (including you, Mr Introvert Buckeye ;) ) to the EEC meetup. Not a "singles" event (although apparently a few of us *ARE* single), so no pressure, but it seems like this would be a good big group meetup to make new friends and Disney buddies. :)

PAR-TAY!!!! :cool1:

Thanks for the invite, JillyBean...I actually will be at Disney, but not until the weekend after your event and my plans are already full for the few days I'm there. This summer is going to be pretty busy for me, selling our house and then moving into two different houses (1 for me--1 for her and the kids), but maybe I will meet up with your group at some point. By this fall, I should be somewhat settled in my new place, my divorce finalized and I may have some time on my hands by then. I hope you and your crew have a great time at the EEC events and race and thanks again...I really do appreciate it.

Oh man, that looks fun JillyBean. I was hoping when I pressed the google button that it would come up for my birthday weekend there, but no such luck.

Enjoy! :goodvibes

For all of you who replied to this thread, here is an update....I am the 'friend' that Buckeye spoke of that he met through this thread....and we got married this month! He proposed in Epcot, we were married just over a week later, and spent the day at the parks together. Life is wonderful, this thread was a true blessing. So believe in your dreams, they do come true!!

For all of you who replied to this thread, here is an update....I am the 'friend' that Buckeye spoke of that he met through this thread....and we got married this month! He proposed in Epcot, we were married just over a week later, and spent the day at the parks together. Life is wonderful, this thread was a true blessing. So believe in your dreams, they do come true!!

Wow, that is excellent. Congratulations. Hope you both have a great life together. Have a nice first Thanksgiving and holiday season together.

Congratulations! So Amazing! :)

I will just have to trust in God and know that everything will work out in the end.

I like twists and turns in the storyline in books and movies...not so fond of them in real life, lol.

So I guess we'll see what happens.

Lovely. :goodvibes Wonderful update.

Congratulations to both of you. She says with a bit of envy. :rotfl2:;)

Man life sure is funny. I can still remember that night in March when I typed the original message. I thought about deleting it and my finger hovered over the 'delete' key more than once before I actually posted it. I was at a really low place at the time and wasn't fishing for a date...just lamenting what I figured I had lost in life.

The hand of God was surely involved in this. iluveeyore doesn't even read this board and only responded when she saw the title on the front page of the DIS since this was the most recent message. She later confessed she figured I was a woman until she actually read my post. There were so many other 'coincidences' that had to happen just right for us even to have met.

Things sure moved much more quickly than either of us anticipated and this has been a truly crazy, insane year. But things worked out perfectly in the end. I have the Disney Princess of my dreams to spend the rest of my life with. I have a second chance with a fantastic woman. So as my bride said, for those of you looking, don't give up...dreams do come true. Ours did!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter