State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they are starting to see an uptick in people using the DAS pass. It’s such a good service I really hope people who don’t need it try to take advantage of it since they can’t get fast passes.

I think it would be more accurate to say that DAS use would increase among people who legitimately qualify. There are a lot of people who could have used DAS, but FP suited their needs better. My son is definitely in that camp. He qualifies for DAS without a doubt, but I found it just as easy to plan FPs in advance for him, and not mess with DAS and the extra park-crisscrossing pushing a wheelchair. If FP goes away or costs too much, then DAS it will be.

I've done it. And LWTL. The tiers at Epcot mean you need to fastpass some unnecessary stuff.
FP yes, ride the attraction no. I'd book LWTL at park opening. No issue if I slept in. Get to the park early enough. Tap in, turn around and move my next throw away FP earlier

It can be done. Hate to keep talking about six flags, but they have a third party affiliate that issues their disability pass. You go to the website and enter the required documentation. They review your documentation, then approve a pass for you or not. If, you truly have a disability most of the time you are not asking for the pass the day of, you have already researched what is needed to obtain a pass before you go.

WOW! I just looked into this pass and it is WILDLY illegal. Sesame Place (which also uses the card) states on its website that use of the card is in compliance with the ADA because they do not require guests to disclose the nature of their disability...but circumventing that key clause to the law by outsourcing to a third party would never stand up in court. If it did, you could always hire a third party to circumvent civil rights laws--say, in hiring and firing decisions. I hope someone sues because that is outrageously messed up. What *would* be legal would be accepting the card--but not requiring it in order to provide accommodations. In addition, I would bet that since these parks have lawyers smarter than I am, you can absolutely receive equivalent accommodations if requested, and without being required to provide documentation of disability (again, flat out illegal) but it would be a more onerous process.

I think it would be more accurate to say that DAS use would increase among people who legitimately qualify. There are a lot of people who could have used DAS, but FP suited their needs better. My son is definitely in that camp. He qualifies for DAS without a doubt, but I found it just as easy to plan FPs in advance for him, and not mess with DAS and the extra park-crisscrossing pushing a wheelchair. If FP goes away or costs too much, then DAS it will be.

This is absolutely true. My son qualifies (as do I) but we never used it before because the fastpass allowed us to adequately navigate the park system. The DAS pass actually makes things harder, because you can only fit in a handful per day and one at a time--we spent a lot of time standing around in the sun (also a problem because there aren't many cool places to sit right now). Fastpass+ was better because for a lot of disabled ppl, it made the park accessible without requiring additional accommodations. The best system is always one that works for everyone.

I am in the same boat. I had knee surgery years ago and standing in lines really aggravates my knee. The pain can get excruciating at times. Walking around the parks is different. That does enough damage to my knee as it is but at least doing that I can sit down and take a break if I need to. Sitting down in a queue line isn't an option. If they don't come back with fast pass or if they have a fast pass version that sucks then I'm going to switch over to using DAS. And I will gladly go to my doctor and get a note from him showing that I had knee surgery and standing still for long periods of time is not an option.

FP yes, ride the attraction no. I'd book LWTL at park opening. No issue if I slept in. Get to the park early enough. Tap in, turn around and move my next throw away FP earlier

We have booked them first thing and just let them expire sometimes. If we're there, though, we'll ride them. I like the rides.

I am in the same boat. I had knee surgery years ago and standing in lines really aggravates my knee. The pain can get excruciating at times. Walking around the parks is different. That does enough damage to my knee as it is but at least doing that I can sit down and take a break if I need to. Sitting down in a queue line isn't an option. If they don't come back with fast pass or if they have a fast pass version that sucks then I'm going to switch over to using DAS. And I will gladly go to my doctor and get a note from him showing that I had knee surgery and standing still for long periods of time is not an option.
Physical disability isn’t an indication for DaS. You can wait in line you simply need a wheelchair or other walking aid. DAS is for people who cannot wait in line (like my kid who will start a massive tantrum if we stand around for more than 30min, or people with bladder issues who cannot wait 2 hours between bathroom breaks).

Physical disability isn’t an indication for DaS. You can wait in line you simply need a wheelchair or other walking aid. DAS is for people who cannot wait in line (like my kid who will start a massive tantrum if we stand around for more than 30min, or people with bladder issues who cannot wait 2 hours between bathroom breaks).
But for those who neither can stand or sit for long periods of time, a physical disability absolutely qualifies. My daughter could do neither on one trip we made and we were eligible but did not use it because we had FP+ to solve her issues. Shorter lines of 15 minutes or so weren't an issue. Long ones were. For her, an hour of stop and go, up and down trying to not be in pain was too much. But it's the individual circumstances, not what the disability is, that determines if you're eligible. If a wheelchair will take care of your issues, that's what they'll recommend you use. If not, you're DAS eligible.

Really all you can do is go to guest services, tell them what your issues are and they will direct you to the best solution. But just because it's a physical disability does not preclude you from being DAS eligible.

This is us. We made fp work for us, but without it and seeing the current wait times throughout the property, I will be looking into DAS for our August trip

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/ I just chose non-reservation question, but they re-direct your email to the correct department regardless.

I didn't expect anything either, but I still believe they listen and when they get an overwhelming number of guests saying the same thing, they listen closer. You should get a canned response within a few days and then sometimes you get an actual call back or a more personalized response.

thanks! I just sent in a desperate plea to bring back some sort of FP program. Let’s hope that if enough of us contact them then we will see a change.

Well it's Friday. Will there or won't there be an announcement?
It’s possible but unlikely in my opinion. They certainly have revealed things on Fridays….but as another poster said, if it’s bad it’ll be late this afternoon. Any West Wing fans? It’s known as “taking out the trash”…. You dump it at the very end of the week hoping people won’t notice as much.

With zero knowledge other than a 15 year background in Marketing & PR, if I had to bet, I’d wager next week, mid week…..that is if they’ve made a decision on what to launch.

For companies you rarely do announcements that cause complaints on Friday, cause in the weekend there are usually less people on duty in the call centers. Mondays or Tuesdays are usually better for those kind of things.
Plus that e-mails are read better on those days. Your open and click rates are usually higher during the week. And that's what you want, you want people to read what you send.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter