State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

As of October 2021, DVC will be getting the evening extra magic hours 2.0 benefit (yes, I know this was previously available to ALL guests, not just deluxe) that is potentially more valuable than the previous iteration of it since it will include a lot fewer people. This helps take the sting out of a possible paid-FP program since the wait times at applicable parks should be dramatically reduced during EMH2.0, in theory.

With that said, I'd be shocked if Disney didn't include some free element of the new FP program for hotel guests, including DVC. They'd be extremely foolish not to. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. Maybe sharpen the pitchforks, but don't start marching just yet.

Try not to get yourself too worked up or panic yet. There's a lot that's going to happen in the next few months.

I thought time was my friend when I started this process. Now, not so sure. There is still plenty of time for them to install credit card machines on bathroom stalls before we arrive.

"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Disney proudly announces an enhanced premium restroom experience coming to all Disney parks in late Oct."

Your point is well taken though. It's easy to get worked up w/out all the facts.

They're giving deluxe guests what? 1 hour after park close? Like that's quality time? The headliner attractions are barely clearing out their regular park hour queues by the end of that time and it's not like they'll bounce everyone out of the park - people like to linger.

Not to get off topic, but I’m not sure I understand where this point of view stems from.
Any time Disney makes a change, these boards blow up, Disney becomes this evil empire, people threaten to never return, go to Universal and in general lose their ever loving minds. Then we all take a deep breath, figure out how to make it work for us and go back to planning our next trip.

That’s not to say this isn’t a huge change coming because it is. But while I may not like it, I don’t see us writing Disney off our list. I think I’m going to wait until we actually see what they do before I jump off the deep end.

But if they could just pretty please bring back FP+ before our trip, that would be great.:)

They're giving deluxe guests what? 1 hour after park close? Like that's quality time? The headliner attractions are barely clearing out their regular park hour queues by the end of that time and it's not like they'll bounce everyone out of the park - people like to linger.

They haven’t given any details yet, so no one knows how long it will be. They never make day guests leave during EMH’s. It hurts no one. They can’t ride attractions, just shop and eat.

Your point is well taken though. It's easy to get worked up w/out all the facts.
Try to focus on that last part.

A lot in this thread is rumors and reactions, and not facts. In regards to FP, there are only a couple people on this thread who actually have any insight into what is currently going on. Look at Remy's posts in regards to the testing going on. That's actually happening. I'll post if I have anything I can repeat too, but right now it's pretty much like Remy said and I don't have much of anything I could add.

Just putting in my two cents that when my family was there a couple of weeks ago everyone commented that the lines w/o FP of any kind moved steadily and that was greatly appreciated.
I've always made good use of any system but even I had to agree that it was nice to just keep moving.

I'm sure they only employ the best but i wouldn't be shocked if they penny pinched with equipment etc. They probably still have windows 2007 or something...

"we offer the best experience for our workforce that is were the new "wishes" system comes in. If our staff feel their IT equipment is to slow they can join a online system for support. However if they dont want to wait for said support they can exchange money for wishes such as a new laptop, or screen or faster broadband. Bob Chapek announced.

I do not fully agree. There were definitely 'better' choices to make. Knowing which rides sell out quickly, to make three in the morning to have extra options in the afternoon. It might not have been a loophole, but it was definitely a trick and people with knowledge of the parks and rides and were more 'in the know' definitely had some advantages over people who are on a first trip . FP+ had a learning curve.

I wouldn’t say it’s a “trick.” The same information is out there for anyone who takes the initiative to do a little research for their trip. It’s not like it’s exclusive knowledge for insiders or like you can’t possibly know these things before you go. I think at this point everyone knows a trip to WDW is going to entail a bit of planning/reading, especially for first timers. But that’s really no different than any other place you’d travel, is it? I wouldn’t plan a trip for anywhere really without doing some research first.

I do wonder if DVC will take a hit with this.
I've been very seriously looking into buying DVC over the past few weeks. It seems that almost every new announcement pushes me closer and closer. It was something I hadn't really considered until recently.

I wouldn’t say it’s a “trick.” The same information is out there for anyone who takes the initiative to do a little research for their trip. It’s not like it’s exclusive knowledge for insiders or like you can’t possibly know these things before you go. I think at this point everyone knows a trip to WDW is going to entail a bit of planning/reading, especially for first timers. But that’s really no different than any other place you’d travel, is it? I wouldn’t plan a trip for anywhere really without doing some research first.
Whether you call it a trick or a strategy, I do not believe the average first time visitor will read more than what Disney provides and will chose 3 FP without much thinking if getting a FP for 7DMT is a worse choice than for Philharmagic. I think all will look into hotels, tickets, the majority looks into restaurants, less into what specific rides are there, and even less will think about strategies.

I think that is overestimating how average people vacation at Disney World. We, here on the DIS, are anything but average.

They MIGHT read the information about FP+, but using it to its full advantage is a trick to me. But if you want to call it strategy, that is fine with me :)

Feeling worse and worse about my decision to book a 5 night stay at the Swan in late Oct. Between the FP rumors, increased Boo Bash capacity, and the recent news that Swan & Dolphin were left off the lists of hotels eligible for extra hours (early entry or post close) and this trip is starting to feel like a big mistake.

More and more, it looks like we will be facing the worst case scenario of capacity crowds, fewer/no perks from our resort booking, no FP/FP+/MagicPass/etc, and a slew of new/extra expenses for "privileges" that used to come for free.

When I booked our trip a month ago, I started enthusiastically checking news sites and web boards for hopeful news of things returning to some semblance or normality by the time our trip rolled. Now, it feels like every Disney press release is specifically crafted to reduce our trip in some way and help me understand that I should expect to pay more for less.

I feel this. We have rented dvc points for next spring, so non-refundable. And we knew that something like this was a possibility when we booked and decided to go ahead anyway - we’ll make the best of it no matter what. But I’m getting less and less excited, and at this point I’m basically considering this upcoming trip a barometer for whether or not we’ll return after that.

I’d really just like to know what’s going on. We haven’t bought park tickets yet and while I’d like to do that and be able to make my park reservations, I am holding off until they make an announcement regarding fastpass. Because if they implement something like pay per ride, I will not be buying 10 days of park tickets I planned.

Last edited:
Apologies if my comment about IT was taken the wrong way. I was not so successfully trying to explain the IT talent they have is good. The platform they invested in is not. They should've spent more on a more workable platform so the talent they have in IT could actually make their ideas work

I personally appreciate what you share, and how you word it. When I read it, I hear a calm voice sharing opinions, based on experience and maybe some insight. No bashing. No rude comments. Almost like an unbiased news reporter. Just the facts ma'am. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter