• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any real concrete proof of any actually rumor from someone who actually has that type of connection, that if brought back, it could be for a cost?

All I ever heard that from was that Mickey views guy and nobody else

Sometimes I feel we make up our own rumors and add our own fuel to if they actually will happen

Fastpass IMO will return and will return normal as before. I expected it this past weekend. Since that didn’t happen, if it didn’t start tomorrow, I don’t see it actually starting again till Oct 1st.

As long as Disney sees lines aren’t more then 90-100 mins on numerous rides at once, I don’t think they even feel the need to have them yet. Wait times today weren’t horrible and it’s the 4th of July.

I agree that the rumour has spun out of control a bit. I think Disney wanted to change the FastPass+ system before the pandemic. They alluded to it with the announcement of the Genie app at D23 in 2019. And people in CL were offered the opportunity to buy additional FastPass+ that could be booked at 90 days.

So I suspect that there will be some kind of paid element….as they hinted pretty strongly at that pre-pandemic. But I’m also inclined to agree that the new system isn’t going to be as dramatically different from old FastPass+ as people are fearing.

If disney really does keep tabs on forums and social media, they need to get in front of this, no matter what they plan on doing.

They are getting flamed all over the place. I cant tell you how many posts ive seen on social media with people saying, "I'm done with disney".

Here now and they definitely need FP+ back. We have been rope dropping every.single.day around an hour before park opening. In the past past we’ve been able to do some form of early entry every other day with EMH, a PPO breakfast and combine with FP. A lot of times we would have completed a good amount of the park by 11am and head back for a rest. Now, if we are lucky we can get maybe 2 rides in by 10am and the lines are building. And if the ride you are heading on first is down, you are out of luck. You just wasted your time in line for nothing and now the waits have increased every where else. Happened to us with Splash twice and Test Track. And there is no remediation. We were just around the corner from the loading point in Splash when the ride was down and we were all sent out of line without a FP for the delay. Same thing on Test Track, an hour in line when it was announced their testing wasn’t working and there would be substantial delays (at least another hour). No fast passes offered but we went to a guest services umbrella and complained nicely and got one added. After that we passed by guest relations which had a swarm of people and could hear cast members basically yelling that Test Track was down, there was nothing they could do, and didn’t seem to indicate those people would be getting fast passes. We got another FP this week when People Mover stopped about 5 times while we were on it. Eventually we were stopped for 20-25 minutes and had to be evacuated off the ride. Turned into at least a 40 minute experience for which we received 1 FP.
We have never ever waited in such long lines. 40 minutes for Gran Fiesta.
If I didn’t have DVC points that would expire I would have cancelled our trip. There is 0 advantage to staying onsite right now. We haven’t even been able to enjoy our resort because we are too busy waiting in lines trying to fit the rides in. I will say Magic Kingdom does not seem too crowded when you are moving about. I think everyone is just standing in line all day. It also doesn‘t help that multiple rides are breaking down all day long in all the parks either.

I have voted with my wallet. I have not been back in 2 years. A paid FP that is available only day of would be something that draws me back.
What makes you believe that paid FP would be any help? That would only occur if the FPS were limited in number to less than the normal FP lines pre-COVID. If they extend the FPS to the normal number, there would be just as long FP lines, as usual. Folks who are there for that once in a lifetime trip, would gladly pay for the FPs. It is only those who are used to having them as a freebie that will be mad (myself included.) When everyone pays for a benefit, it no longer becomes a benefit, it becomes the status quo (which is what Disney accountants are hoping for). It falls in line with the no new annual pass sales. Disney is looking for the one time visitor who is going to pay an enormous amount of money for that 1 trip. They believe they have pent up demand and so they are going to soak us with every charge they can get away with under the guise of making up for COVID losses. Then they are going to keep those charges permanently.

Test passed with 2 additional programs integrated. As the data stream built it became shaky but managed to hold with slight delays in data processing for the duration of the test. They did not reach the data stream levels planned for but the overall opinion is that it was successful. It still has to work with a couple of other programs they didn't activate for this test so still some work to do. Some long hours paid off.

Test passed with 2 additional programs integrated. As the data stream built it became shaky but managed to hold with slight delays in data processing for the duration of the test. They did not reach the data stream levels planned for but the overall opinion is that it was successful. It still has to work with a couple of other programs they didn't activate for this test so still some work to do. Some long hours paid off.
Is this with the new Fastpass system?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m assuming this might indicate they have more incentive to hold out and wait for the new system then? As it is closer then anticipated now? Or are you referring to the old FP+ system?

I really appreciate the info you’ve been providing. And I guess it’s somewhat good news that it passed the test. But now I’m concerned that they’re so close to what they want and thus feel like they can keep pushing the envelope with no FO option, so nothing will change and we’ll be left in long lines for our trip next month.

Really this is a slap in the face to me. I dont want to spend all day staring at an APP trying to arrange a FP or Standby pass or whatever. I want to enjoy the parks. The 3 FP was fine for us we would sit down and decide what 3 rides at each park we want to hit most of all. Then we can work around the FP to get the others. The IDEA of WHAT I AM PAYING FOR at Disney is getting more and more predatory. I never considered FP+ free its factored into the Room and Park tickets, it was just a Perk for paying the CRAZY Disney price to stay on Property. Been coming since I was a kid in 78, PAYING for FP + whatever they raise room rates to + another rise in Park Tickets (which will happen) with nothing in return is just showing how far from the Disney we grew up with to where it is today. And yes I am going in Nov, but I dont know if we will continue yearly trips after that.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m assuming this might indicate they have more incentive to hold out and wait for the new system then? As it is closer then anticipated now? Or are you referring to the old FP+ system?
It's the new one. It's still a ways off because the other 2 programs it needs to be able to work with haven't even been able to work with it in the test environment. Unless they decide to roll it out sloppy and piecemeal. Which wouldn't surprise me

Maybe we'll see each other in line! :) I'm beginning to think it's just not happening, that they are actually going to let people stand in hours long lines without doing a thing about it.
We are there 7/20-26 and I started feeling this way once the 4th came and went with no announcement.
Hope we all hear something soon! :goodvibes

It's the new one. It's still a ways off because the other 2 programs it needs to be able to work with haven't even been able to work with it in the test environment. Unless they decide to roll it out sloppy and piecemeal. Which wouldn't surprise me

That seems like a very Disney thing to do actually. Releasing it in a piecemeal approach.

Well, selfishly it doesn’t sound like I’ll have any option for end of July now.

But I do tip my hat to you Remy. I’ve relied more on you then most Disney CM’s in my 30+ years going lol. Thank you so much for passing on what you can and I hope the updates can keep coming, even if it isn’t the news we don’t want to hear.

So where do you lay the odds that the old FP+ will be reinstated temporarily until this is rolled out --- whether in part or in full?

I'm sure Elsa (the storm) did contribute to reasonable wait times during the holiday. I wonder if the park every even reached capacity. With the decent cancelation policies at the hotels I'm sure some people panicked and canceled although, I feel like rainy days are some of the best Disney days as long as the weather passes within 1-2 hours, it cools down and it makes the parks less crowded. As far as fast passes, if they are managing wait times right now due to reduced capacity I feel like they would wait as long as possible to bring FP's back. Why rush through it when the newest FP's could be in place for awhile. I also don't know when genie is going to be in use so maybe they are waiting on that. I wouldn't doubt they will add some FP for purchase, I know they will have to recoup money in every way they can.

This does not sound at all promising for us at the end of this month. Sounds like they’ll either just hold off and let the summer crowds suffer through or they’ll drag out a half baked system that, with their history, will be a monumental disaster in real time use.

At this point the best we can hope for is they roll
it out and we get by with all the recovery passes they’ll have to hand out like candy every time it quits working.

But thank you a million times over for the calm and factual information you’ve been sharing- then reading all our complaints afterwards.

So where do you lay the odds that the old FP+ will be reinstated temporarily until this is rolled out --- whether in part or in full?
It doesn't seem like that would be in the realm of knowledge of the posters here. What we are getting are some reports of what is going on in tech. The odds you are asking about aren't decided at that level. Seems like any "green light" would come from the executive main offices. The execs say "give me options", the department does their best to provide "options".

This does not sound at all promising for us at the end of this month. Sounds like they’ll either just hold off and let the summer crowds suffer through or they’ll drag out a half baked system that, with their history, will be a monumental disaster in real time use.

At this point the best we can hope for is they roll
it out and we get by with all the recovery passes they’ll have to hand out like candy every time it quits working.

I’m getting ahead of myself here without Remy commenting, but I have a feeling that even if they just release a piecemeal version of this, that it wouldn’t be before the DLP version is released to the public (Aug 1 i think right?). But I’ll gladly edit and delete this post if I’m wrong (I hope I am)

We fly home from our trip Aug 2nd

I’m getting ahead of myself here without Remy commenting, but I have a feeling that even if they just release a piecemeal version of this, that it wouldn’t be before the DLP version is released to the public (Aug 1 i think right?). But I’ll gladly edit and delete this post if I’m wrong (I hope I am)

We fly home from our trip Aug 2nd

Our last day is July 31st. And no, unless Remy says otherwise, I hold out little hope anything is coming out for us.

Posted wait times right now include 40 minutes for Barnstormer, 50 minutes for Astro Orbiter, 40 minutes for Buzz, 40 minutes for Dumbo, 65 minutes for Haunted Mansion, 65 minutes for Jungle Cruise, 25 minutes for the tea cups, 35 minutes for Magic Carpets, 80 minutes for Splash Mountain, 50 minutes for Tomorrowland Speedway, 25 minutes for the People Mover, 45 minutes for Little Mermaid . . .

So glad I shelled out thousands of dollars for my trip next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter