State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a wonderful vacation!

Thanks so much !!! Yea--- got vouchers for free mini-golf with our package envelope (cute luggage tags too :)) - and definitely going to use them--- Dole Whip on the Poly Beach watching HEA--- its been two years since last trip, and want to make the best of it--- one the TV personalities said recently--- (wont mention the name, in case anyone doesnt like them LOL) --- "Your next vacation... act like you are 11 years old again" - Thats what I plan on doing !!!

That’s actually one of the most logical reasons for what they’re doing I’ve read. I keep asking myself why they’d refuse to bring FP back and this makes sense. Make it so miserable that we’ll be glad to get their pay to play system. It works. I’m already there.
Hey! Have you considered using Touring Plans ? They use data based methods to help you avoid lines and find less crowded times of day to visit (even if its later in the day) They also post ”real” wait times Disney’s are often inflated. Its been a real help when I take my family in the past. I am also an educator so I feel you with going during peak times. (touringplans.com)

Hey! Have you considered using Touring Plans ? They use data based methods to help you avoid lines and find less crowded times of day to visit (even if its later in the day) They also post ”real” wait times Disney’s are often inflated. Its been a real help when I take my family in the past. I am also an educator so I feel you with going during peak times. (touringplans.com)
I do have a subscription there and have been keeping an eye on their data. When I was a relative newbie, I would use their step by step plans and they were amazingly helpful.

I do have a subscription there and have been keeping an eye on their data. When I was a relative newbie, I would use their step by step plans and they were amazingly helpful.
Are you able to look at wait times without subscription?

We are here now. Lines are long. It’s hot. The long lines start causing angry tempers mid-afternoon. Cast members seem grumpy as I see them getting yelled at a lot (which is sad). A cast member told me they are currently testing the FP system with select guests. I’m not sure if that is true. My husband is convinced that they are not offering fast passes at this time in order to piss everyone off so much, that they won’t care how much they have to pay for it in the future. Our strategy has been to get to the parks at rope drop. It seems to help.

My thoughts on what they're doing: increase capacity as much as they can without giving us FP+, waiting until the feedback becomes sooooo negative, that they can then drop a new paid system on us like it's some big favor (and they will of course try to spin it like it's better than before), to help with the crowds. Obviously in time for the 50th.
With what I have seen today, I would not be paying for FP. Every ride we tried broke down before or while we were on it. If I’m paying more to ride, I better get my money’s worth.
They have definitely increased capacity but have still not opened anything more to eat the crowds. It would be manageable without FP if there were more places to put the people they’re letting in!

We are here now. Lines are long. It’s hot. The long lines start causing angry tempers mid-afternoon. Cast members seem grumpy as I see them getting yelled at a lot (which is sad). A cast member told me they are currently testing the FP system with select guests. I’m not sure if that is true. My husband is convinced that they are not offering fast passes at this time in order to piss everyone off so much, that they won’t care how much they have to pay for it in the future. Our strategy has been to get to the parks at rope drop. It seems to help.
With what I have seen today, I would not be paying for FP. Every ride we tried broke down before or while we were on it. If I’m paying more to ride, I better get my money’s worth.
They have definitely increased capacity but have still not opened anything more to eat the crowds. It would be manageable without FP if there were more places to put the people they’re letting in!

Wow this sounds so miserable. It astounds me that people don't think Chapek and Iger are doing this intentionally as noted above. You want fewer but richer customers. And their behavior is so open and shameless. It's like an abusive relationship with Disney fans who will put up with anything as long as they can stay in that relationship.

This is not what Walt Disney wanted. How do I know? There are many interviews with Disney about his philosophy concerning his parks and his goals

This is not what Walt Disney wanted. How do I know? There are many interviews with Disney about his philosophy concerning his parks and his goals
That is such a bad argument. Walt lived half a decade ago, when everything in the US was hunky dory. He hasn't seen how the world changed.

It is naive to think that Walt would have stayed exactly the same. He never had to talk about money because he had his brother for that. He could be talking sunshine and rainbows as much as he wanted because of that. I think we can say with more certainty that Walt would have adapted with the times. I think if Walt knew how much money people are willing to spend on his products he would use that knowledge to his advantage. Like he did with Club 33.

That is such a bad argument. Walt lived half a decade ago, when everything in the US was hunky dory. He hasn't seen how the world changed.

It is naive to think that Walt would have stayed exactly the same. He never had to talk about money because he had his brother for that. He could be talking sunshine and rainbows as much as he wanted because of that. I think we can say with more certainty that Walt would have adapted with the times. I think if Walt knew how much money people are willing to spend on his products he would use that knowledge to his advantage. Like he did with Club 33.
My argument to this would be yes he would’ve adapted, but Walt wanted a quality experience and this is NOT that right now. You can do both- make money and have a good experience. Right now the money is obviously more important- and the customer experience is not.

My argument to this would be yes he would’ve adapted, but Walt wanted a quality experience and this is NOT that right now. You can do both- make money and have a good experience. Right now the money is obviously more important- and the customer experience is not.
Wanting and doing/getting are two different things. Almost all companies who have customers/guests/passengers have something in their vision about great guest experience. I cannot think of one company who actually does that for a reasonable (as in available to all) price.

Walt might have wanted quality but to what price?

Can the whole family use one subscription?

I think you mean half a century ago, and even that isn't far enough back. And everything was not hunky dory. Walt was a teenager during WWI, a young man during the Great Depression, and employed in making propaganda during WWII. Those world events certainly shaped his philosophy surrounding his theme parks.

I think people aren’t being honest with themselves if they are going to Disney right now expecting an exceptional experience. They shut completely down and furloughing most of their staff. Things can not come back with a snap of a finger.

If you are willing to fork out normal prices for a limited experience you have to have limited expectations. It’s not Disney’s fault that there is this pent up demand of people wanting to vacation there. They are doing what they can within their means and everything will only improve moving forward as long as there isn’t another shutdown.
If you want the real Disney experience hold off on your trip for a year or two. If you can’t hold out the expectations needed to be realistic.

I am completely on the same page with you, but I seem to fit into that "stuck" category. We are booked for 9 nights mid-August (multiply onsite hotels, including YC). We have non-refundable airfare (though I will consider saving the credit for future use), and non-refundable Boo Bash tix, though I will consider begging for a refund. I think I can still return my park tix to ****************** but I am not sure.

I go back and forth daily about canceling. Here is my issue: this is a belated 18th bday, belated class of 2020 hs graduation, pre-off to out of state college trip after a covid-imposed deferment...based on the wish of my only child, who never asks for anything. No matter what bad news I throw at him, he still wants to go, and is convinced it will all be ok. Granted, he is very easy-going, and not paying the bills--I am the one who has a huge issue with everything happening now. And he has a point, that once he is away at school, busy with friends/internships or whatever happens, who knows when we will get to go. So do we suck it up and make the best of it, or do I listen to my conscience and say I just can't stomach it? He certainly will accept that, but it is a real bummer to have no alternative plan for this big moment we have all been waiting patiently for. Just stinks.

So, I search daily for fast pass news and swing wildly back in forth between cancellation and trying to think of anything to make the trip more enjoyable. We are seasoned visitors and I cannot fathom being there without fastpasses.

That said, I 100% agree with every word you said! Yet, it is still an extremely difficult decision to cancel. Thanks for listening!
As a mom with my last kid headed to college this fall, I would go with the "wish of my only child, who never asks for anything." Enjoy this time with him!

I think people aren’t being honest with themselves if they are going to Disney right now expecting an exceptional experience. They shut completely down and furloughing most of their staff. Things can not come back with a snap of a finger.

If you are willing to fork out normal prices for a limited experience you have to have limited expectations. It’s not Disney’s fault that there is this pent up demand of people wanting to vacation there. They are doing what they can within their means and everything will only improve moving forward as long as there isn’t another shutdown.
If you want the real Disney experience hold off on your trip for a year or two. If you can’t hold out the expectations needed to be realistic.
Nope. Not this time. Our expectations were fine. Two days in a row prior we waited in line and took it slow. This was exceptionally bad and deserved to be called out. We are APs snd DVC. Not expecting the moon snd know the limitations. To have that many ride stoppages in a row is unacceptable, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter