Stateroom 8040..noisy being under Goofy pool?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
My husband is concerned that our room is under the Goofy pool. I told him that I don't see many complaints about noise from people who have taken the cruise, but thought I would check and see if anyone has stayed in or around 8040 if they can give us a head's up if it is noisy. Thanks!

Hi Disney1fan2002.

I would check and see if anyone has stayed in or around 8040 if they can give us a head's up if it is noisy.

On our first cruise - this past August - we stayed in stateroom #8042. We had no disturbance from The Goofy Pool. On one morning I heard CMs moving a few chairs around, but it was nothing compared to DM and DS's snoring...

which is across the hall and down about 5 rooms and while the noise wasnt terrible it was enough to bug me at times! We only did the 4 night cruise but the noise from kids running around up one deck and pulling chairs around and also hearing the sailaway party from Nassau was enough to make me rethink ever booking a room that high again for longer than the 4 night cruise! The deck party was so loud that we felt like we were at it in our room. There was alot of noise and you could hear the kids running around up there if they ran close to the side by where the balcony was. We always take a sound machine alarm clock with us and we had to turn it up quite loud to drown out the sound. Of course our kids were SO tired they didnt hear much after about 10 minutes but it did bother me a little bit! I think the deck party lasting until almost midnight that night was the worst though. Much worse than the kids running or the chairs scraping on the deck! I told my hubby that it would sure make me leary of booking a suite (which one of them was next door to our room) when you could hear what we could hear. I wasnt impressed with the noise level but the room itself was very nice! We have now opted for two adjoining rooms on lower decks either inside (still debating on deck 2) or maybe 2 oceanview rooms on the lower decks!
I do have to admit that I am HYPERSENSITIVE to some noises especially when it involves my kids sleeping so that could be some of it as well.

Hope this kind of helps!
Heidi

We were in 8030 and my parents seemes to mind the noise more than I did. Heard a lot of kids running around late in the evening, more so than the parties.

Our first cruise we stayed in Cabin 8044. It was fine...we could hear chairs being moved once in a while and when our verandah was open, we could hear a little of the band playing. Not bad and nothing to complain about...It didn't keep me awake and I wouldn't mind staying in that area again. We also stayed in 8590 last cruise and that was fine too...more AFT though so not right under the Goofy area.

I agree with TEZB. We were in room 8046 on the 4 day Wonder last July. When your verandah is open you can hear some deck noise. We have young children so our door was closed. A few mornings, 4:30AM, I heard some deck chairs being moved, but it didn't wake my three kids or my wife. We were so wiped out that the noise just wasn't a factor. In fact we have the same room on the Magic next year. Of course with five people our choices are somewhat limited, it's either Deck 8 or getting adjoining rooms down below. A nice advantage to deck 8 is being so close to the top. My biggest complaint is the elevators. So hard to get and so small. Most of the time it was easier to just take the stairs.

john1012....we are also a family of 5 but w/ older kids now...teens and pre teen. We are trying 2 rooms on Deck 7 for our third cruise next month....Can't wait as Cat 4 was getting too crowded, etc. Took us 2 cruises to decide to try it this way. Will let you know how it works out!

BTW...we also took the stairs half the time. Good exercise and quicker than the crowded/small elevators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter