Stay at GF or Poly for night of MNSSHP. Yay or nay?

izzylovesmickey

DIS Veteran
We have a 4 night stay at YC. Our last night we are going to MNSSHP and there is availability at GF and Poly. We've stayed at the Poly in a studio but never have stayed at the GF. There isn't a huge difference in price so making the move isn't a big stretch and since our adult son is going, the cost is split with him. The short trip to the resort after the party is a big draw. Any thoughts?

The short trip to the resort after the party is a big draw. Any thoughts?
Are you planning on using the walkway to the GF then it is a convenient option after your late night at the MK.

I am not sure moving for 1 night is worth it since the buses back to the YC are quicker then packing at the YC and switching to the GF unless you don't plan an early park day on your MNSSHP evening.

Only you can decide which option bests fit your WDW time.

Dave

We have a 4 night stay at YC. Our last night we are going to MNSSHP and there is availability at GF and Poly. We've stayed at the Poly in a studio but never have stayed at the GF. There isn't a huge difference in price so making the move isn't a big stretch and since our adult son is going, the cost is split with him. The short trip to the resort after the party is a big draw. Any thoughts?
Will you arrive early enough to enjoy pool and amenities ? Will you go to MK the next day? Or just relax at the resort? If yes it is. If not , then moving to walk home isn’t worth it.

Poly and GF are my favs, Spending time at the resorts will make the move worth it.

We always opt for GF or CR on party nights for the ability to walk home. I’d vote for GF, that’s where we’re staying for MNSSHP. But I agree with PPs that it has to be worth the move - make sure you’ll be there long enough to enjoy the resort!

I wouldn't make the switch for just one night. We've stayed in the EP area while also doing MK parties and, especially if it's all adults, the trip back to YC is not bad. I think I would rather do the late-night bus ride than pack up everything to just move resorts for one night.

Thanks for all the replies! We do split stays all the time, so moving for one night is no big deal. We've gone to various national parks and have moved daily to see/spend time in various areas to cut down on travel times. We like to stay in the boardwalk area to save travel time to the 2 parks (we walk and avoid transportation whenever possible). Since we've been lucky enough to go to WDW so many times, we mostly know how we will work out doing our priorities which leaves us more flexible with our time. The party night is our last night so I think that will help with the packing issue, we'd leave the necessary things within easy reach and will have a car so can move over easily.
GF is on the bucket list and if we leave YC by check out, we'd have a good part of the afternoon before the party to enjoy the resort. Our flight isn't until early evening so would have time to check out and still go to a park for a bit in the morning. Leaning strongly towards it if it's still available to check the box and cut down on getting back to the resort after the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter