Stay Away from Aulani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point is the information is at the top of the Aluani website under the title IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ALUANI RESORT. It doesn’t matter that it isn’t the first point. It is clearly there and it appears the OPs ADULT child didn’t read it or completely understand. That is their fault. The information is clearly there and if someone doesn’t take the time to read it that is their fault and nobody else’s.

It is also listed on every airline when booking flights to Hawaii.

Man I get tired of being lumped in with every other person who has acted badly as an “ugly/entitled American.” I’m sure nobody from Europe has ever been an ******.

I am born and raised in America with a European family. I have travelled to many different countries and yes, there are entitled people in every country. But as a whole, Americans have become really spoiled. Even things like free water at a restaurant is not something that the whole world does, not even many developed nations. I have yet to find an American that does not think that they should not get free water at every restaurant and that would be PO'ed if they were asked to pay for it. There are many Americans who are great people, but we ARE spoiled.

Hi so I do totally feel for your kids because that sucks. And honestly thats one of the things I'm worried about because my husband and I are considering going in May. The issue is Hawaii only allows results from certain vendors and only a specific kind of test so that really narrows it down. Plus then you have to hope you get the results in time. On the other hand its a strict process like this that does make me more willing to visit because I feel safer.

Like others said Disney is not at fault. They can't suddenly go against the local government. There is a literal pandemic so they need to abide by the laws to keep everyone safe. I would be more pissed at the vendors/clinic that took too long uploading the result.

Lots of missing parts to this story. Will the OP ever come back? If they both tested negative why did they have to quarantine? When did they get their test results back? Why did Aulani have to give them water? Driving a truck through the holes in this story....

Lots of missing parts to this story. Will the OP ever come back? If they both tested negative why did they have to quarantine? When did they get their test results back? Why did Aulani have to give them water? Driving a truck through the holes in this story....

Hawaii has the rule that if you don't have your negative results back by the time you get on the flight, then you will have to do the 2 week quarantine. They did this to keep people, that could possibly be positive, from flying to the State. They used to just have you quarantine until your negative results came in but if you think about it, you don't know if you are negative by the time you get on the flight and you could be risking everyone on the plane. This is supposed to be a deterrent from having people do that. So you need to have your results and have them uploaded onto the Hawaii site before you get on that last leg of your trip. This information is clearly stated on the State's Covid information site where you have to upload the information. The OP said that they did not have their results back by the time they got on the flight. As to the water part, I guess some people feel like they should get free stuff. 🤷‍♀️

I agree. It will be really helpful to know if their test results came back in time? Based on the earlier response, looks like one result might have been after they landed. They might have taken the chance of waiting for the one pending result to come in while they were mid-air before landing.

I am born and raised in America with a European family. I have travelled to many different countries and yes, there are entitled people in every country. But as a whole, Americans have become really spoiled. Even things like free water at a restaurant is not something that the whole world does, not even many developed nations. I have yet to find an American that does not think that they should not get free water at every restaurant and that would be PO'ed if they were asked to pay for it. There are many Americans who are great people, but we ARE spoiled.
You can count me as another American that hates paying gif bottled water in Europe. I drink tap water in America; I wish I could do it everywhere. But I can’t and so I deal with it. That doesn’t make me spoiled or entitled. Many people who have never traveled outside the country are simply unaware of that difference and it seems quite foreign to them. However, I’d venture to say that many of those same people are also shocked that tipping is not expected and feel guilty if they don’t (and may just figure out a way to tip anyway). But we don’t mention that when we label them spoiled. Americans are extraordinarily fortunate, and many of us are very thankful for it. If we make sweeping generalizations about another culture, it’s racist, but it’s always ok to lump and label Americans. It gets old.

Will the OP ever come back?
Probably not, as the primary reaction to the OP on this thread was criticism and hostility while the OP was suffering through a hurtful experience. It's unlikely that he or she will return for another beating.

Probably not, as the primary reaction to the OP on this thread was criticism and hostility while the OP was suffering through a hurtful experience. It's unlikely that he or she will return for another beating.
She is looking for sympathy and she even admitted it. Look I slam Disney when they drop the ball, but in this case her and her family did not follow the instructions, or was aware of the guidelines. She was looking for sympathy and was called out that this was her mistake.

You can count me as another American that hates paying gif bottled water in Europe. I drink tap water in America; I wish I could do it everywhere. But I can’t and so I deal with it. That doesn’t make me spoiled or entitled. Many people who have never traveled outside the country are simply unaware of that difference and it seems quite foreign to them. However, I’d venture to say that many of those same people are also shocked that tipping is not expected and feel guilty if they don’t (and may just figure out a way to tip anyway). But we don’t mention that when we label them spoiled. Americans are extraordinarily fortunate, and many of us are very thankful for it. If we make sweeping generalizations about another culture, it’s racist, but it’s always ok to lump and label Americans. It gets old.

We are very fortunate and there are plenty of people who do realize this, but not as many as their should be. I too get annoyed at being lumped into the generalization but some if it has merit. I guess I am getting a bit jaded after working with the public for over 30 years. I have seen all of the ugly on a sadly, very consistent basis. And it is getting worse. Tell me you have never seen someone yell at a fast food employee or anyone that they think is "below" them over nothing. Many people are considered wonderful, generous people to their peers, but are really just ugly to those that they think do not matter. I also wish that schools and media would do more to educate us on the rest of the World. Most have no idea what is going on. Open up your personal bubble of a bit.

her replies back to other posters were not that nice either - also she could have started the thread a little bit differently and not titled it as "Stay Away From Aulani" that's again irresponsible to other posters that are wanting to go and are doing their own research. There is no need to scare other people away for your children's mistake and for not posting exactly what happened or at least giving some more information. Were the results not received in time? how did they even get to Aulani in the first place? Were they hostile towards the cast members there? Why would they even leave the airport? and so on and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter